Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
The servo saver is a lot better, chassis etc could be called flexi flier should be smokin for asphalt. Had a decent outing with her at the Timezone GP given my radio issues. It does have a pretty wide setup window tho so should work great for the tracks that never really build a groove like some of the co tracks
Says the guy that NEVER came to race. The '11 has definitely been a solid choice for weird traction. It's still not where I'd like it to be with its mid-corner hesitation, but there's a lot to try still.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Says the guy that NEVER came to race. The '11 has definitely been a solid choice for weird traction. It's still not where I'd like it to be with its mid-corner hesitation, but there's a lot to try still.
, If you met my ex you would know why... lol. I came to the track a couple times lol. Now I get to race as much as I want , Come out to the Xray race dec 2 if you want to see what high grip is . Hesitation? Like mid corner steering? Try the 1mm washer on the front shock tower. BTW, I have a spare tcx if you want one lol.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bozzplayer
what size of ECS should i run with a Muti-Diff Lipo (part#305105) Ive heard some say you need to run the 50mm ECS others say you need to run the 52mm
anybody? want to order them this week but not sure which ones
Old 11-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
, If you met my ex you would know why... lol. I came to the track a couple times lol. Now I get to race as much as I want , Come out to the Xray race dec 2 if you want to see what high grip is . Hesitation? Like mid corner steering? Try the 1mm washer on the front shock tower. BTW, I have a spare tcx if you want one lol.
It turns great, it just doesn't finish the way I'd like.

I got enough of high (and low) traction last season to last 3 lifetimes. I just want a car that doesn't traction roll and doesn't spin out randomly. So far the XRay gets that part right.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Had the car out today for race day on carpet ....first qualifier i win it car performed beautifully ....BUT then my second qualifer i only got 9 laps in because my front belt kept popping off....i figure i need to buy the belt tensioner...any thoughts on this ? anyways 3 rd qualifier belt popped off again but i finished the race running rear 2 wheel drive lol...anyways so since i only got 9 laps in on my second qualifier got bumped down to the b main but was running strong managed to set fastest lap at 11.1 and started 4th got up to second held second the whole race until i hit a back marker which moved my motor and was out with 30 seconds left ....all in all great car loved it cant wait until next race day hopefully i can get this belt issue figured out before then.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Had the car out today for race day on carpet ....first qualifier i win it car performed beautifully ....BUT then my second qualifer i only got 9 laps in because my front belt kept popping off....i figure i need to buy the belt tensioner...any thoughts on this ? anyways 3 rd qualifier belt popped off again but i finished the race running rear 2 wheel drive lol...anyways so since i only got 9 laps in on my second qualifier got bumped down to the b main but was running strong managed to set fastest lap at 11.1 and started 4th got up to second held second the whole race until i hit a back marker which moved my motor and was out with 30 seconds left ....all in all great car loved it cant wait until next race day hopefully i can get this belt issue figured out before then.
Make sure you have the spool in straight and the eccentrics aligned in the same direction. Never had a belt come off especially a new car, best to check your build of the front end again.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Also check the belt is tight enough
Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Also check the belt is tight enough
well one thing im thinking of is i did shave off a mm or 2 off of the star shaped piece that lies inbetween the 20t pulley and the spur gear.....i only did that to fit a robson racing spur....u think that might be the case?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Something not put together right. i would get someone else to look at it, if you can find it.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Something not put together right. i would get someone else to look at it, if you can find it.
So u dont think its the fact that i shaved that piece inbetween center pulley and spur ....i think that might have the belt running a little off center but i will double check the front end and both hubs are in the same spot in the bulk heads
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi all - I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I've received a new manufacturing order of Side Piece Racing Nikita Outdrives for XRay T2/T3 touring cars. They go along perfectly with your new 2012 rides . The first batch of outdrives sold out recently at the Halloween Classic. This new revision includes a deeper U cut within the outdrive to support 52mm drive shafts when the front end isn't shimmed super wide.
http://sidepieceracing.com/

Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Last weekend hagberg's T3 2012 at ATS. Not using left servo post. Why??
Old 11-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Pic

So u dont think its the fact that i shaved that piece inbetween center pulley and spur ....i think that might have the belt running a little off center but i will double check the front end and both hubs are in the same spot in the bulk heads
Take a pic and post. Someone will figure out what's wrong.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtaiji

Last weekend hagberg's T3 2012 at ATS. Not using left servo post. Why??
When you us two servo posts of you hit sometimes the servo mounts can tweak the chassis so I am guessing he used the inside servo post and shoe goo. Will ask him in a sec.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Lord

Maybe he cut off the right ear and moved the servo closer to the belt? If you look at Ronald's car, it looks like he's doing just that. He also chopped off the nub for the left ear.

Can you ask Alex what shorty servo he's using? Does he go out of his way to have the ugliest wiring in RC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.