Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah Sam, this sucks about the dirt ending a month early. Not ready to go indoors. I'll be Huntingdon bound.....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Hi guys, This is Brian Daugherty. The slow crash test dummy! I have had a blast the few times I have been racing off road with you all. I was wondering if there will be a few gas trucks running on Sunday? I will be in West Virginia this weekend at the Hillbilly 100 dirt lm race and want to know if its worth my time to leave after the race to get home at 6am so I can race on Sunday. Looks like gas truck is on the outs again and dont wont to rush home to race if no one is running gas truck. I know Im in your way but I need all the track time I can get to be better. I think I have gotten a little better in the few times I have raced at least I can make the jumps 80 percent of the time know. I need to dial my truck in better as my driving improves. I cant make the next week as my wife and I will be at the world 100, The most prestigous dirt lm race of the year. We follow dirt lm races religiosly. Thats the reason I dont race every weekend.Thanks for the advise on set ups some of you gave me Sunday. I need all the help I can get! Also can some one tell me what the approxamate price TT101 dirt lm oval would cost me. Im thinking of getting the losi slider and would like to compare price as I love drtlm's. Thanks!
Hello fellow dirt LM junkie. Just an FYI If you dont make it back in time to go r/c racing the WOO late models will be at Tri-City speedway in Franklin PA on Sunday. I can't wait for the World. My wife and I did Woo speedweek for late models this summer and had a blast.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Greg, thanks for the info on the COT wing! I will be in touch with you this week.

Fast Eddie, I will be sure to call you when I have my next Bat sighting! It will save Joey from getting it for me!

Brain D, I can assure you you are not in anyone's way. Although I can relate to how you feel. You will get better racing with those guys (Fast Eddie and Jim McCully)! I plan on joining that class this year yet maybe, but DEFINATLEY next year!

Greg, by the way, I too have a friend to unleash, he's known to the rest of the world as THEE NOTORIOUS B.O.B. That's right TRS's own BUTTER ON BREAD Stritmatter.

TEAM SHOCKER
Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default WoO

Originally Posted by PADIRTLMJUNKIE
Thanks Jim. I have followed dirt racing for 30 years and have learned respect for other racers and there equipment is a golden rule! Lead ,follow or get the hell out of the way!LOL!Im the latter! Hope by mid next year to be more competitive. Thanks for the offer of help,Im sure to hit ya up on that. On the steering thing I broke a servo horn in half. .... P.S. You all will see my puter skills and spelling suck!!!!!!!! Later and Thanks again.........

Lots of us (namly myself and the saxton crew) also follow dirt lt models... they go to bedford almost every week, I usually hit up thunder valley on staurdays cuz thats where i used to race and i get the "special treatment" Anywho are you going to the grove to catch the WoO sprints at the end of sept? I know they arnt LM's but they are fun to watch.

Roll Call for tt-01 - Becca is in as long as work dosent interfer. I am out going to try to focus solely on 10th oval...gonna take the darkside to the winners circle. Since i am not running tt-01 i dont need 2 cars so I will part with one. Totally tt-01 ready and legal.....just add your reciever and servo. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we can make a deal.

im out lol

mad
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

ed,
i still would like to run the tt01.i still have both of mine and you know the one put down some sick laps which made for an awesome ending.

and i still have another that is brand new yet.

im going to try and make it as much as i can this winter...

i love carpet racing...

although i would rather see different carpet go down vs. the thick office type.
ozite would be the best and im sure it would attract more racers...

i would imagine so anyways.

well talk to ya later,

matt
Old 08-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
Hello fellow dirt LM junkie. Just an FYI If you dont make it back in time to go r/c racing the WOO late models will be at Tri-City speedway in Franklin PA on Sunday. I can't wait for the World. My wife and I did Woo speedweek for late models this summer and had a blast.
Thanks, well aware of all WoO shows. The wife is a diehard Chub Frank fan. The Hillbilly is a tradition,been to the last 12 of them and Tyler is a bad a.. bullring! Dusty as heck but awsome! Way to fare of a ride home From Franklin after going to Tyler. Plus TriCity is a mostly one lane momentom track for lms. I hit places where I know are fairly racey.The Lucas Oil group put on a show also.We dont hit to many local shows mostly sanctioned shows and big races. Going to hit a few more big shows this fall. WoO lms at Bedford.Hub City at Hagerstown,Fall Fest at Challenger,DTWC at K.C. WoO finals in Charlotte. I hope to race indoors but it wont be till the second week of Nov. till I can.With taking my Dad to high school football and following lms Fridays are out for me till then. Thank for the hospitality. Later...
Old 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

I'll be there

Originally Posted by fastestcat
SUNDAY NIGHT TT01 LABOR DAY 300... twin 150 lap mains... starts at 7:30practice then time trials,heats,b MAins, then 150 lap main.. then invert heats and do it all over again.. another 150 lap main $75 to win each main $50 bonus if you can win both so you could go home with $200 in your pocket... entry is $15... wem now have timing system and drivers stand... anyone interested.. PM me and let me know... if altoona runs late that sunday we will push back start time for anyone wishing to come... also anyone needing a latemodel body i have a few left ... after talking to Chuck looks like we are gonna have TT01 Latemodel oval racing on the carpet this winter....
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

brad , the truck is ready ! so it will rain ! cya tomorrow .
Old 08-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

Latemodels are really just schoolbuses Bloomquist for life
Morris, rolling a jrxs-r this year since we are switching to lipo and look an icon for me Bat Masterson
Old 08-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slowride
Latemodels are really just schoolbuses Bloomquist for life
Morris, rolling a jrxs-r this year since we are switching to lipo and look an icon for me Bat Masterson
dan,
i was actually looking to get one of those myself...i was going to get a smoking deal on one from a guy that i know....but funds are not there right
now...so i still got that jrxs i got from jeremy allhouse...i guess i will have to use it for now...but when income tax comes around i will be getting the new losi car....

take it easy...

you sell that 007 yet?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Ebayed the 007 for $350 sold my phi for $425 because the thing was such a bitch to work on
Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

i here ya there...i hate cars that are hard to work on......lol
Old 08-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

For those of you who don't know yet the Ceaser's kitchen underwent some changes over the past couple of weeks that proved to be very negative! The food is terrible as are their prices and service! We left last Sunday night after ordering and eating there still hungry, broke, and verrrrry upset! I know I usually joke around on here, but this is no joke. Do not go to the Ceaser if you are hungry unless you want to be PI@#ed off! I however imagine that they still have cold beer unless they screwed that up too!!! It sucks because the place rocked before, now a large order of fries (IF YOU GET THEM) means you will get six(6) fries literally, and that's no joke!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

IcEnUtZ, CHECK YO PM'S MAN
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gixxerman
For those of you who don't know yet the Ceaser's kitchen underwent some changes over the past couple of weeks that proved to be very negative! The food is terrible as are their prices and service! We left last Sunday night after ordering and eating there still hungry, broke, and verrrrry upset! I know I usually joke around on here, but this is no joke. Do not go to the Ceaser if you are hungry unless you want to be PI@#ed off! I however imagine that they still have cold beer unless they screwed that up too!!! It sucks because the place rocked before, now a large order of fries (IF YOU GET THEM) means you will get six(6) fries literally, and that's no joke!
thats nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.