Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

tom,
hate to here about these things....that really sucks.......
Old 09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

what was the date that you are were going to go down and start building the track...i might just have to see about getting there to help out.

lmk,
matt
Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just got back from the RAC at McCulloughs. What a great facility. The new drivers stand and announcers booth are huge improvements. The entire event ran smooth as clockwork. They really know how to put on a show. They even had air compressors so you could clean up your vehicle between rounds!

And the door prizes were amazing - Sam won a Losi 8ight, Ted won a new OS .21 motor and a gallon of fuel, Tommy got a AE R18 Ralley + 50/50 winnings, Brad a pit board, and Chuck and Doug won stuff too.

And the racing was intense. It was really all about 1/8 scale. There were over 40 'chainsaws with tires' (as I call them) enterred. I'm not sure who won, but Altoona native CR Lovell qualified 5th in 1/8 buggy and was as high as 2nd in the A Main. Unfortunately his day ended early when his a steering part on his 8ight broke or came apart or something.

KARO/Sam ended up 3rd in the B Main. Chuck, Doug, and Tommy were all solid but couldnt get out of the C Main. Obviously, the entire 1/8 Scale class was filled with major talent for those guys not to go farther.

There were some other good performances. Gixxer almost bumped up into the C Main of 1/8 scale on his 1st trip to McCulloughs and I was able to escape the B Main in Gas Truck after a 10 minute duel with Pipester who TQ'd the CRT.5 class only to lose it when we had to leave early.

Roeder was hanging with the top 3 in Mod Truck, 2wd Buggy, 4wd Buggy, but couldnt seem to get a break. I'm not sure where he ended up, but, probably the best racing all day I saw was in 2wd Mod. Its amazing to watch guys who can drive those 1/10 buggies so hard.

Best of all, it was for charity. So everybody who showed up to run were winners in my book. May hats off to the McCulloughts crew; it requires a tremoundous amount of time and effort to put on a race of that magnatude and they did it with style.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CHARLES........PM
Old 09-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Those of you who have unpaid parts bills @ TRS, please get your total and pay up. Regular tues and thursday hours will resume during the first week of october, I will be back in the shop/track. additional days coming soon.

Please don't make me start posting late notices and amounts on the forum.

In all seriousness, most of you guys are great with this and Chuck and i feel that helping folks out with interest-free-forever financing from TRS is great, but we have over $2000 of debt out as of know and we really need people to at least start paying so we can ensure a financially solvent winter racing program. (again, most of you are great with this, you know who you are)

As always, we will continue to do everything we can to help out those who are solid people and interested in racing, however as of know, individuals with large tabs have their "race now, pay later" priveleges suspended until tabs are paid down below $100. Cash pays the bills guys and we're walking a tight rope with all of our expenses for winter racing, please don't try to barter with hay bales, cattle feed, barrels of light sweet crude, shares of frozen orange juice concentrate, or free bikini wax jobs, cash only. Feel free to call me at 814-934-4323 if you need to discuss your tab, i probably won't have your total off the top of my head, but I can get it from my memory stick or at the shop.

That said, two more weeks of offroad mayhem then lets lets get ready to launch the carpet missles!!!!!!

we have two sets of jaco yellow (soft compound) touring car rubber tires ready for experimentation and are ordering some trinity rubber tire traction compound, which we may standardize as the only legal traction compound at the track for rubber tires.

Maccinile where are you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anyone from McCullough's who is reading this forum - OUTSTANDING JOB with the RAC, as always it was a great race program and your facility is fantastic, keep up the great work and THANKS FOR HAVING US!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn

Anyone from McCullough's who is reading this forum - OUTSTANDING JOB with the RAC, as always it was a great race program and your facility is fantastic, keep up the great work and THANKS FOR HAVING US!
You're welcome, thanks for coming!!!! And thanks for the help setting up the mains!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well F.E. summed it up nicley ! just sux that we didn't stay for the crt.5 a main but we didn't feel like sticking around till 8:30 (ish) to do so .

To all the track crew and all the peps behind the seens that made this race happen , Thank you !! I had a blast (even though F.E. beat me in GT)

one last thing , you could own the CRT.5 that TQ'd the RAC, it's for sale if any one's interested ! 400 obo , all that is needed is rx/tx , PM for pix and info !! going to the bay vary soon so if your interested , act fast !!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

jim,
did you get a tc5?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

congrats to all the peeps that went to the rac race..............
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

d4man, it was fun racing with you guys, we'll have to get together more often. No problem on setting up the mains, i really didn't do much, Doug McC., Sean or Shawn(not sure which is correct), Al Jones and others had it under control, you guys rock!

2 weeks left in toon town's offroad season, you didn't honestly think we would just ride this offroad season out, did you???????
Old 09-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Here we go STEELERS here we go!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
jim,
did you get a tc5?

???? uummm , Let me think , uummm , NO !
Old 09-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pipester
well F.E. summed it up nicley ! just sux that we didn't stay for the crt.5 a main but we didn't feel like sticking around till 8:30 (ish) to do so .

To all the track crew and all the peps behind the seens that made this race happen , Thank you !! I had a blast (even though F.E. beat me in GT)

one last thing , you could own the CRT.5 that TQ'd the RAC, it's for sale if any one's interested ! 400 obo , all that is needed is rx/tx , PM for pix and info !! going to the bay vary soon so if your interested , act fast !!
jim, did you ever try to sell stuff on here in the "for sale/trade" section? i have sold alot here and got alot more out of it than ebay.....and the bast part is no fees, all free all the time
Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pipester
???? uummm , Let me think , uummm , NO !

DORK!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

jeremy,
what up dude?

how you been?

you looking forward to carpet season or what?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.