Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Have had the car since the second week of may, and put my third race on it this weekend. I have probably 35-40 packs of practice trough it and beside stripping a spur (our tracks are renowned for their course sand on top of the astro) i finally broke something that gave me a DNF in the last race. another D413 was comming down our wall of death and jumped the pipe, hitting me going really fast when i was acceleratiing to climb the wall. made a chip on the shock cap that made in unable to hang properly on the shocktower, so i had to replace that. i was sure both cars where doomed, but the other driver just apologized and continued.

i love this buggy.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default who is making hop ups

again I know the kit is still new but I dont see anything in the works with hop ups and Optional parts. I guess what I am looking for is the Proline Shock caps, Chassis protector, alum hubs ext. I do know with other company's like xray there were side company's like Exotek who made up hops and were ready when the kit was released. is there a company that specialize in Hotbodies hop ups. also I know the prolines were 1 off made for Ty, but its pretty clear we all want them. any info on that also would be great. Packing up now to run my D413 for the 1st time. cant wait......
Old 06-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Here is your chassis protector. 12' for $14, but I'm sure you might be able to find it for even less.

Do you want alloy hubs just to have them, or is there something wrong/not to you liking about the stock ones?

Is T. Deguzman still around? When testing was done with the saddle pack configuration, were there issues with motor fitment? Were you running prototype steering arms, or a shorter motor?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have personally emailed a couple of 'hop-up' companies (AVID, Team STRC and JConcepts)

To see what they'd 'release' to the public about upcoming parts for the D413.

JC said nothing back to me...

STRC also had no reply. (but at the time I sent that email, they had just released a lot of parts for the b5/b5m kits; so I would imagine that they (HE) will be working on a few things now.) I would imagine that Steve @ STRC will be doing things like the Caps, and clamping hex hubs. (maybe an alloy ackerman bar...)

AVID said: "We have plans. Stay tuned!"

On a side note, I'm was really enjoying my D413. I've had some rather rough tumbles with it, and some direct impacts with items/objects much bigger, and not had a single issue other than the spur stripping.

(my mesh didn't move... the motor mount is solid. but I had a little stone chew up part of the teeth, and then I re-worked it to my best ability, and was able to get about another 15 packs out of it before it completley let go on me.)
Old 06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Here you go:
Cool. Thanks. Can you do it for the rear front. That is what I meant to say.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JDJamminX1
Well after about 3-4 weeks of racing all i can say is WOW

This car has taken everything from short buses and 8th scales. With almost zero problems. The only things that have been even remotely a problem were easy to fix. Bent a dogbone. Had a fellow driver bent it back to near perfect again and still is holding up. I had one outdrive on a diff freeze up on me but that was my fault for not putting grease in there. Never did that with 8th scales so a assumed. Guess there is greater load there then on a 8th scale.

This past 2 weekends I have been running at SDRC. With the same setup at OCRC the car has stupid traction and is a blast to drive.

In one of my qualifiers this past weekend, i got sideways off a jump and landed on only my front left wheel. It looked like I was going to be done for the day, as it looked like a snapped something. Getting off the stand with the biggest grin on my face as I had finally broken this thing, and would be able to write about it here. Well I get over to my car, and all the happened was I popped off 3 ball cups: camber link, steering link, and shock car. I popped them all back on and threw it back on the track for a final lap. People were in shock when I put the car back on the track after it looking like all the other cars that break arms.

And yes I continued to laugh about it all the way back to the pits.

Torrance, Ty and the rest of the HB team. My hat goes off to you. Best 4WD EVER!!!!!!

:s weat:
That is awesome to hear. Do you mind if I ask what kind of tires and compound and foam you are running. Are you also running 100k in the center. Thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Is T. Deguzman still around? When testing was done with the saddle pack configuration, were there issues with motor fitment? Were you running prototype steering arms, or a shorter motor?
I'm still around but have been more occupied with 1/8 nitro lately.

When we tested with the saddle pack the motor we used wasn't max Roar length so it fit fine. I've already designed an aluminum steering belcrank that'll fit a 53mm motor.

On that note I just received pre production samples of the Aluminum shock caps. I still have to check fit them then we'll try to get it to market ASAP.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Awesome response (and response time!), looks like I'll put one on backorder. I LOVE 4WD buggy, and want something more refined than my 44.2.

p.s. You can feel free to send me your prototypes, I can confirm fitment "late June."
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I spoke to Exotek, who I believe makes some of the best parts. The only thing stoping him is he needs a kit to make parts from. I cant wait for him to get going.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

After rebuilding the D413 to shorty config my temps have been very nice, being abit lighter makes the buggy more responsive and agile, even tho having saddles in the rear made it very very well behaved and planted i think i will stay in shorty
Old 06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scteonoffroad
Cool. Thanks. Can you do it for the rear front. That is what I meant to say.
Try again.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0525.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Try again.

Thanks kdeleon. I confirmed that I have them installed the same way. Appreciate the help.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hi Torrance can u post ur measurements of the kyosho springs. I'm trying to get a hb spring that's close to kyosho red spring
Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
I spoke to Exotek, who I believe makes some of the best parts. The only thing stoping him is he needs a kit to make parts from. I cant wait for him to get going.
yeah I love Exotek as well. got my xray XB4 "14" full of there hop up's. What I am hoping is that they or someone else release 14mm wheel hex so I can use all these XB4 wheels I have stacked up. I would hate to have to buy everything twice
Old 06-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok, I am going to pre-order this car.

Can anyone give me an idea of any spring, shock oil, diff oil changes I might need to tackle this track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVio3momvdY

It's usually a 1/8 track but they have already made a few changes to be more 1/10 friendly as they are hosting some big 1/10 events soon. I am also told that in 1/10 races the whole track won't be utilised.

Also, any idea on what turn motor would suit? I have no idea on 1/10, I run a 1900kv on 4S in my 1/8 buggys.

What spares should I order? Shock towers, arms? I know it's durable, but just to be on the safe side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.