Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Replaced?

[QUOTE= Three of our P8Cs are due to be replaced,![/QUOTE]

Replaced? After less than two years of use? I thought you said this was a cheap class to run? LOL
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default If Only!

JEFF, If only the rest of the world were up to speed on the pan car! Your boy took to the pan like a fish to water. Watching the boys go at it was super. Good luck on what ever you decide. If you go with a Motonica P8C, our parts are yours and you can count on our support on and off the track.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...rm/pancar2.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...rm/pancar1.jpg
Scratch Built Killer B Killer.............
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default COOL

Don't know what you're cooking up there, but it sure looks cool. Sort of looks like a Rick Davis tire doper. Hope it's faster!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Don't know what you're cooking up there, but it sure looks cool. Sort of looks like a Rick Davis tire doper. Hope it's faster!
......wish i had the MAD skills of Davis..
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=c7fca...0F082E8%212178
..THE NED Machine...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lon Sr, Joe T, John B, Dennis Y check your emails and/or pm's.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I am trying to figure out what my 11 year old son will race next year.

We attended the Snow Ball race in Cinci a few weeks ago and Das 1/8th Mopar was kind enough to let my son drive his P8C for a qualifier and of course my son loved it and wants one. I think it could be a good car for him and would keep the maintenance down for me. The down side is, with several cars to look after this means I have to have another starter box and at least a few bits and pieces to keep it running. Or I could keep him in a touring car again this year or I have even kicked around the idea of putting him in a 4WD with a lower end motor and hope he does not get run over in the back strait.

He might just have the most fun running a pan car with some of the other guys his age but I guess I am concerned he would not get to run at some of the races outside of the Midwest Series.

Our next race will be at the Florida WinterNats in February so I have a little time to kick it around. What do you all think?

Jeff
I vote pan car just for the fact having all kids racing in one class would be cool. It'll only be a short period of time before they will be sweeping the poduim.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I vote pan car just for the fact having all kids racing in one class would be cool. It'll only be a short period of time before they will be sweeping the poduim.
i agree, fun too watch those guys
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default U2

It's good to see you're alive and kicking Joe. Was thinking about you the other day. Now why were you going to 4wd? You weren't able to spend enough money on the pan car or was it that you felt screwed out of the on going work that 4wd offers? Maybe you found yourself with too much time between rounds. Just when you had T-bone starting to sweat! Any way, can I have your rear tires when you're done with em?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I am trying to figure out what my 11 year old son will race next year.

We attended the Snow Ball race in Cinci a few weeks ago and Das 1/8th Mopar was kind enough to let my son drive his P8C for a qualifier and of course my son loved it and wants one. I think it could be a good car for him and would keep the maintenance down for me. The down side is, with several cars to look after this means I have to have another starter box and at least a few bits and pieces to keep it running. Or I could keep him in a touring car again this year or I have even kicked around the idea of putting him in a 4WD with a lower end motor and hope he does not get run over in the back strait.

He might just have the most fun running a pan car with some of the other guys his age but I guess I am concerned he would not get to run at some of the races outside of the Midwest Series.

Our next race will be at the Florida WinterNats in February so I have a little time to kick it around. What do you all think?

Jeff
Well...on the one hand I could hook you up with a relatively inexpensive 4wd. Absolutely no problem.

On the other hand, as my friend Dave has found out, running in a heat with Rick and Ted can get real interesting just trying to stay out of their way. It's a hell of a learning curve for the newbie or beginner.

And on another hand (yep, there's three, must be genetic) pan is a little slower, not as competitive, and the Burlings seem to have enough spares on hand to keep everyone moving. My two cents worth, I'd put him in pan for a year to get some seasoning and have a little fun....
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Phil , foster is a legit rc racer already and Prolly can't swing a stick in his house without hitting a xray buggy or car.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
It's good to see you're alive and kicking Joe. Was thinking about you the other day. Now why were you going to 4wd? You weren't able to spend enough money on the pan car or was it that you felt screwed out of the on going work that 4wd offers? Maybe you found yourself with too much time between rounds. Just when you had T-bone starting to sweat! Any way, can I have your rear tires when you're done with em?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
the main reason is the car was never used for a full season. i want too get my moneys worth from it. also a bit nervous too spend more time and money on what may be a toledo only class. i really enjoyed the pan and it's ready too go. just hoping too see more growth in the class. i have no intention of killing myself wrenching on the 4wd, no matter how hard i work i'll still be out driven and motor'd. so i'll find a mid range set up and just enjoy my day. enough stress in life and work. just want too run my cars and have some laughs with you guys.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We had our last race of the year this weekend. I built a P8C Extreme 2 for a customer and he ran it for the first time yesterday. He broke in the engine on the track in the morning and ran 3 qualifiers. I ran the same car in 3 quals too. 6 complete quals + warmups, about 40 minutes practice/breakin in the morning, all on 1 set of tires, 1 broken bumper, and nearly zero wrenching. Wrenching was limited to rotating tires, leaning the motor, replacing a bumper, and changing to a smaller spur gear. Oh, walking the car to the air compressor.

I think we might finally have enough interest here in LA to have a class next year. Rumor has it the nats might happen here, maybe a pan class will happen....
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by garen
We had our last race of the year this weekend. I built a P8C Extreme 2 for a customer and he ran it for the first time yesterday. He broke in the engine on the track in the morning and ran 3 qualifiers. I ran the same car in 3 quals too. 6 complete quals + warmups, about 40 minutes practice/breakin in the morning, all on 1 set of tires, 1 broken bumper, and nearly zero wrenching. Wrenching was limited to rotating tires, leaning the motor, replacing a bumper, and changing to a smaller spur gear. Oh, walking the car to the air compressor.

I think we might finally have enough interest here in LA to have a class next year. Rumor has it the nats might happen here, maybe a pan class will happen....
Well done, You and your customer should pat each other on the back, a nice end to your season. So I got 4 kits from you and you never offered to build one of them, what's the deal with that? What tires did you run? What motor? I've come to think the Motonica bumper is very good in 60 degrees plus weather. We use brand "M" in cooler weather. Thought about boiling the Motonica, you know"Old School Stuff". Haven't run for awhile, it's nice to talk P8Cs again! How'd the car owner like it? Hope you put it together right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.