Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Two points of interest...

I bought an extra 4wd kit if it should so happen anyone wants one (hint, hint.) And I'll probably be placing another order before things gear up anyhow.

And...the rubber tires I bought fit the front perfectly, the backs will fit with slight modification. I can't wait to try them out...if they work, I'll see about getting Edam to offer more combos/shores but I have a really good feeling about them. I bought three full sets of the things in case they do work and anyone else wants a set. I figure at the worst they'd be good practice tires or good for messing about in a parking lot, but I have hopes they'll do well on the track.

Also, I'm moving way behind on our pan build with all the other stuff going on (and a bout of the flu which I just got over.) But we've got most of it in order and I made another visit to the aluminum shop with Tom, they were able to hook us up with top quality stuff at a ridiculously low price. I'm hoping next week to take some other items over since they do CNC work and get a quote on getting other stuff made, some replica parts for the Super J, some gears, etc. Business has been slow for these guys and I think they're anxious for some more work, plus they really showed an interest in what we're doing (I took a Super J over so they'd get an idea what we're talking about.) I'd much rather, if we go into mass prod, have the more intricate parts made by somebody else with better equipment, especially if it keeps the cost down.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1

I bought an extra 4wd kit if it should so happen anyone wants one (hint, hint.) And I'll probably be placing another order before things gear up anyhow.

And...the rubber tires I bought fit the front perfectly, the backs will fit with slight modification. I can't wait to try them out...if they work, I'll see about getting Edam to offer more combos/shores but I have a really good feeling about them. I bought three full sets of the things in case they do work and anyone else wants a set. I figure at the worst they'd be good practice tires or good for messing about in a parking lot, but I have hopes they'll do well on the track.

Also, I'm moving way behind on our pan build with all the other stuff going on (and a bout of the flu which I just got over.) But we've got most of it in order and I made another visit to the aluminum shop with Tom, they were able to hook us up with top quality stuff at a ridiculously low price. I'm hoping next week to take some other items over since they do CNC work and get a quote on getting other stuff made, some replica parts for the Super J, some gears, etc. Business has been slow for these guys and I think they're anxious for some more work, plus they really showed an interest in what we're doing (I took a Super J over so they'd get an idea what we're talking about.) I'd much rather, if we go into mass prod, have the more intricate parts made by somebody else with better equipment, especially if it keeps the cost down.
good to hear <G> and we will see what we can do about that extra
Old 12-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

happy holidays too all you guy's
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Originally Posted by 5italkart
happy holidays too all you guy's
Humbug...humbug, I say. May a bird of paradise fly up your nose.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shockless!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! To all my shockless and shocked friends. It's been a grand year, looking forward to 2013, see you there!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Humbug...humbug, I say. May a bird of paradise fly up your nose.
isn't that an old country song? almost dec 21. doomsday race anyone?
Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes

isn't that an old country song? almost dec 21. doomsday race anyone?
Yes it is. And remember, it being the Christmas season, it's the thought that counts! lol
Old 12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default End of year recap

Another year come and gone. This getting older stuff is for the birds.

First, many thanx to one and all for welcoming an ex Navy guy and two of his friends into a great hobby. It's a homecoming of sorts for me..it was a big part of my life many years ago and has taken its rightful place again. I am deeply grateful for everyones patience and help, I was able to put a Delta back on top even if for only one race, and I have new products to eat up my time and money in a manner far more fun that replacing my daughters lost/broken cell phone for the third time this year (may a bird of paradise fly up HER nose.)

I have grave doubts about the economy, the schmuck-in-chief who got re-elected, and the ability of Fiat to make a car that doesn't look like a large version of a matchbox car (but not nearly as durable,) but I look forward to next year as once again I'll get to play in the sun with things that probably move faster than my ability to control. And I'll get to do so with others who also perversely enjoy what is at times large expense for little gain....but it's FUN, and after a lot of years of heavy responsibilities, I think I'm entitled. As are we all. Toledo is one hell of a good club, 2wd is a concept reborn, and maybe if the Mayans had radio control back in the day, they would have been a bit more optimistic about the future. In any event, my best wishes to one and all in the holiday season, a Merry Christmas to all, and if you are travelling, travel safely....
Old 12-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very Nice Post. Thank you for your past Navy service.
Merry Christmas to You.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Best wishes to all my RC racing friends of all types and in all places! Hope we can continue to enjoy this great hobby in 2013 and beyond!

This will be my 43rd year of RC Racing, if I get off my a$$ and play!

Ned
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Best wishes to all my RC racing friends of all types and in all places! Hope we can continue to enjoy this great hobby in 2013 and beyond!

This will be my 43rd year of RC Racing, if I get off my a$$ and play!

Ned
43 years, like rick and lou thats stayin power. i hope your health issues improve. showed my nephew the rc kart that a main has, he drives for the real birel dist here in ont. maybe i can get him hooked on rc
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default LETS RACE SOME MORE!!

43 years, like rick and lou thats stayin power. i hope your health issues improve. showed my nephew the rc kart that a main has, he drives for the real birel dist here in ont. maybe i can get him hooked on rc

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Joe, get your nephew running your pan car, It'd be fun to see how fast it really is. LOL! Hope Phil has some luck getting his new pan up and running. I'm pretty sure that we'll have at least a used P8C or two for sale soon. Got some of Garen's hard fronts and they look pretty good. SEE YA NEXT YEAR!

P.S.This message is (2wd)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

\_______•บบบบ•____________
=This post is much faster\
----------------\
Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! Joe, get your nephew running your pan car, It'd be fun to see how fast it really is. LOL! Hope Phil has some luck getting his new pan up and running. I'm pretty sure that we'll have at least a used P8C or two for sale soon. Got some of Garen's hard fronts and they look pretty good. SEE YA NEXT YEAR!

P.S.This message is (2wd)
i'm certain he would come out for a laugh, but the karting uses up alot of time.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Happy New Year, My racing purest friends. I have suffered through a brief end of 2012 setback, but will bounce back soon!

See Y'all soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.