Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Yes olly....the motor temp Was ok (around 50celsius) .....i stopped the car all the time the esc went in sensorless m ode to prevent damage.....

Update:this morning i tried all your advices but still the esc went in sensorless mode......at the end i uploaded 508 no timing firmware and after four minutes the motor smoked up to 138 celsius.....

So swapped this pièce if sxxxt for a 40€ speed passion v2 13.5 sportsman motor and.....wow amazing performance ,great speed and very nice feeling ....after 8 min the motor was 40 celsius and the Esc 20 ........

Never buy x12 stock again!!!

Ciao!

Last edited by capellone24; 12-04-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

X12's are one of the best motors available (don't give up on it yet), it sounds like your X12 has a faulty sensor board.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When boosting the x12 you want to run the lowest timing insert.... 4 dot or -4dot I cant remember (Have not used one myself)
Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

I'm only a bit frustrated today, i'm sure the x12 works well with lrp speedos.....
and anyway i agree,maybe my x12 had a damaged sensor unit , but i don't understand why it smoked in no timing mode.......

maybe when i was running with 508 no timing i'vent noticed a loss of permormance due the sensorless mode engaging and this mode was letal for my x12 motor.....who knows...

Thank you all....

Ciao
Old 12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by capellone24
I'm only a bit frustrated today, i'm sure the x12 works well with lrp speedos.....
and anyway i agree,maybe my x12 had a damaged sensor unit , but i don't understand why it smoked in no timing mode.......

maybe when i was running with 508 no timing i'vent noticed a loss of permormance due the sensorless mode engaging and this mode was letal for my x12 motor.....who knows...

Thank you all....

Ciao
Well, when you moved to timing zero, you would have to change your fdr for sure. If you did not it could damage the moteur.
I run X12 in our two cars all season with only 1 bearing replacement
We actually run the straight insert 0 dot and do our setup via speedo, but 4 dot is the standart insert when you get the motor.
Plenty X12 here and no major problems, but they do need to run hot, 70/80 celsius is fine for these.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
red to green flashing is that the esc doesnt recognise your sensored motor or a poor signal from the motor sensor board

Not related but Drop the punch level to 7-8 (9) is way to high .

Also check your sensor cable swap it with another and try .

The last thing is to re shim the motor to bring the rotor closer to the sensor board hall sensors .

one of the options above will fix it your problem

You cannot shim an X12 closer to the sensors as the sensor insert goes over the rotor end, there is no option as there are minimmal shims in the design as it is.

Try 1224 as some have suggested in earlier posts.

80 deg celsius is a good temp for an X12.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yes olly....the motor temp Was ok (around 50celsius) .....i stopped the car all the time the esc went in sensorless m ode to prevent damage.....

Update:this morning i tried all your advices but still the esc went in sensorless mode......at the end i uploaded 508 no timing firmware and after four minutes the motor smoked up to 138 celsius.....

So swapped this pièce if sxxxt for a 40€ speed passion v2 13.5 sportsman motor and.....wow amazing performance ,great speed and very nice feeling ....after 8 min the motor was 40 celsius and the Esc 20 ........

Never buy x12 stock again!!!

Ciao!
There is a problem with this speedy motor combo, very fast when it works but unreliable to a frustrating level with the sensored dropout issue.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bjspinner
There is a problem with this speedy motor combo, very fast when it works but unreliable to a frustrating level with the sensored dropout issue.
I decided to try my HW V2.1 120a esc with X12 with the new 930 software (usually use HW 13.5 motor) and instantly did a PB at my local track. My car is really quick now, it is a little lacking in brakes. i just used the settings that was posted here approx 10 pages back :.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I put an Xtreme Stock in my HotBodiex TCX this weekend and I had some problem with it.

We need to run the "blinky" "no boost" mode in the 17.5T class, so I put the "508_NO timing" software in it.
The first thing I notice is that there is no blinking led to indicate to the tech people that I run a "no boost" mod.
Second thing is that I have a really bad delay when braking, I calibrate everything twice and try all kind of set up... but nothing change, the car will not brake when I ask it, it took like 4 to 8 feets befor it brake.

Not a good weekend...

Anyone with the same problem or a solution to this?

Last edited by CrazyRonny; 12-05-2011 at 07:40 AM. Reason: .
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CrazyRonny
I put an Xtreme Stock in my HotBodiex TCX this weekend and I had some problem with it.

We need to run the "blinky" "no boost" mode in the 17.5T class, so I put the "508_NO timing" software in it.
The first thing I notice is that there is no blinking led to indicate to the tech people that I run a "no boost" mod.
Second thing is that I have a really bad delay when braking, I calibrate everything twice and try all kind of set up... but nothing change, the car will not brake when I ask it, it took like 4 to 8 feets befor it brake.

Not a good weekend...

You should be able to see a small blinking light, at least I do. It's a bit difficult to see. I missed it the first time too. It's actually under the solder tabs.

The bad news is, if you are running on 1S, you have to disable low voltage cut off for anything to work. There are rumors of a fix, but no update as to when.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Not a good weekend...

No problem with Xtreme NO timing mode, use it for a year over with 10.5 engine, with V2 508, the flashing of led is a little weak, with the V3 508 flashing is very visible and brake power was increased
Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not a good weekend...

When using the V3 508_no_timing software be sure to disable voltage protection and re-calibrate the speedo to the radio after updating. If you don't have a blinking red light (under the solder posts on a 1s) try throttle trim. For a solid red light trim to the forward, for no light at all trim towards the brake. When properly trimmed you will have a nicely visible blinking red led (about one blink a second). If it is blinking very fast try the trim to the forward direction one click and you will get the slower blink.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
No problem with Xtreme NO timing mode, use it for a year over with 10.5 engine, with V2 508, the flashing of led is a little weak, with the V3 508 flashing is very visible and brake power was increased
Ah, snap. I was referring to the 1s I have. Missed the whole xtreme stock thing. Reading is fundamental.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad
Ah, snap. I was referring to the 1s I have. Missed the whole xtreme stock thing. Reading is fundamental.
The 1s voltage cutoff will soon be available michael is working on it now .
Old 12-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you all....

Ciao
The designer and engineer Reto from Lrp is a friend so i will talk to him later today and see what he has to say about the x12.

Thats the benefit of being friends with the competition you help eachother .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.