Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by geubes
to get my box upgraded, I first had to downgrade it to 1.02. it seems like the later firmwares see to block certain updates. But reverting back to 1.02 always does the trick, so you will need a copy of the files with older firmware in.

Also I ran the new software today, I really like the power delivery, super punchy, super top end, seems to lack a little at about mid-range, but I think that might be to much timing to quickly.

I have a question regarding the Boost timing vs Turbo.

if then the max boost you can have is 30 degrees, because if you set to 38, the extra 8 degrees will be turbo.

firstly, do these 8 degrees of turbo adhere to the parameters that control normal turbo? eg, Full throttle delay and the new degress / 0.1s?

also then, what would you expect if you ran the following 3 configurations, because in theory they are the same?

1: Boost timing: 30, Turbo 8
2: Boost timing: 38, Turbo 0
3: Boost timing: 34, Turbo 4

And how the Turbo compensates for the boost if its set below 30:

2: Boost timing: 20, Turbo 18
2: Boost timing: 20, Turbo 10

Thanks
+2
Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rbakker
Didn`t you try more timing for the 17,5..?
If it runs cooler you could use more timing since it is now availeble.
With 17.5 I used the maximum available timing (38 °) recommended setup instructions, however, there seemed to be more top speed but the straight line (35 meters) of track is not possible to develop.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AGNO
With 17.5 I used the maximum available timing (38 °) recommended setup instructions, however, there seemed to be more top speed but the straight line (35 meters) of track is not possible to develop.
Sounds nice, then you have to gear it a little lighter.(just 1 lower pinion)
And maybe the Timing boost rpm/degree 1 step lower and then the turbo ramp slower. If temp allows it..
Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rbakker
Sounds nice, then you have to gear it a little lighter.(just 1 lower pinion)
And maybe the Timing boost rpm/degree 1 step lower and then the turbo ramp slower. If temp allows it..
Yes, definitely will try a smaller pinion, at the time I used an FDR of 6.8 and a standard setup, the next test will play a bit with FDR and parameters.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AGNO
Yes, definitely will try a smaller pinion, at the time I used an FDR of 6.8 and a standard setup, the next test will play a bit with FDR and parameters.
Best is to get the acceleration very smooth from zero to topspeed,
maybe you miss a little topspeed.....but it makes driving a lot easier, this comes back in laptimes for sure.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

I do not think it is psychological but I think the motor runs cooler with the latest firmware ... 1224STOCK
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chinaman
I do not think it is psychological but I think the motor runs cooler with the latest firmware ... 1224STOCK
Yes 100% sure it runs cooler you are correct .
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InZane
It sure looks like one .. and it says Justock on the box ...

Looks good except for one thing the soldering looks shocking especially with the positive and negative wiring

You need to heat the connectors first and melt the solder in the connector the heat the wire and allow the solder to flow on the wire strands then heat the connectors on its side and feed the wire direct in the connector hole .Hold it for 3 seconds and then let go .dont try and put solder and heat and the connector with the wiore at the same time it will not work and look poor.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
contrary to what's mention on Hobbywing's site, you can't change firmwares on the Justock. Head to the Justock thread, there are a few guys who managed to do it without any extra effort
The Justock is usb prgrammable and updateable but you will not see any turbo functions or timing .It will just apdate standard firmware thats all .
Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
you will be able to change software, but it will always be with zero timing the manual says

my justock only has one program to choose from, but a friend could choose from all softwares, and even ran last time with boost software in it, so there has probably been something wrong at the factory, and hes got a xtremestock in a justock case, thats what i think
The microproccessor will not allow turbo settings its is no the same at the xtreme stock and the 120 amp etc less pins less functions .

as for being an xtreme stock in a justock case are you sure your friend is not pulling your leg ?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Come on guys, the Justock is tere for no timing and equal racing..
If you want to go faster just buy a Xerun 60A or a Xtreme, the difference in money is almost nothing...

We shouldn`t talk about that kind off things, it will only feed the Turbo haters in there quest...!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why can't we get an answer on the availability of the V3.0 NO TIMING software? Several people now have confirmed that the V3.0 software is not in the software list..
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by csracing
Why can't we get an answer on the availability of the V3.0 NO TIMING software? Several people now have confirmed that the V3.0 software is not in the software list..
Think that if it is not in the list...
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So is there going to be an XtremeStock 1S coming out? The current 1S is awesome, but still pretty heavy. For Stock racing 120Amps is just not needed.

Oh, and the new software is wicked. Dropped my DDRS down to Lvl6, and it cured the speed drop off in the last 2 minutes of the race. Still plenty quick though, Boost 30, Turbo 16, 1000 RPm Start, deg/150rpm, 82mm Rollout, 15 deg on the endbell (Novak 17.5). Motor is finishing the 8 minute race at 120F (50C), with the ESC at room temperature.

Cheers,

Shawn.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

What is DDRS excactly, is it a punch setting and so a current regulator for low rpm`s???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.