Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey, there is a guy named Element6 that is having a copycat issue and is trying to get ahold of you and hadnt heard from you or anyone of that fact trying to get some help on his situation...This is from the 1/8 & 1/10 Offroad Tech Support

Originally Posted by element6
Well I hate to feel like an idiot. As I stated before I didn't know about the counterfeit issues with the EzRun 60A but here is the product I received.

Looks like they have updated their design compared to other fakes. I still haven't gotten an email back from HobbyWing or Angelo about the authenticity but it coming in a plain white box, the way the stickers are cut out and aligned don't look too good. I also sent an email to the ebay seller asking him straight up if it is fake, so we will see how he responds.

As for research I searched the seller's name and didn't get a result. I also went through all past HobbyWing product units sold to find any negative "fake" feedback and nothing.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone have a good startingpoint for 17.5 boosted touring

Motor: trinity revtech, esc: xtremestock

small/med size carpet
Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

are the hobbypower copies on ebay from hobbywing or other company. they are coming out of china.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
We at hobbywing have also noticed an increase in copied products may it be complete with hobbywing labels to just cosmetic and software .

Ebay is becoming bigger and bigger with sellers out of hong kong and china one believe it or not is out of the usa with counterfeit products of hobbywing as i have received more emails from customers who have purchased and have been burnt.

Ive said it many times before buying off ebay sellers you are at risk of not receiving a genuine product.

There are also two companies with cosmetic features identical to hobbywing which have also cracked the 508 software to be used on their esc's and the crazy thing is they call it 508 zero timing lol.

so just be aware not all stores on ebay advertising hobbywing products are the genuine deal.Also be aware of look alikes that are using the software as they are fake .

xerun series oems are only made for the following

orion,sp gt series,Hpi,yokomo .

please if you come across any other branded esc that is running hobbywing 508 software or even turbo software please let us know by email

[email protected]
[email protected]

or [email protected]

when you purchase hobbywing please go to our website and input your anti counterfeit code supplied with your unit if it doesnt register then you have just purchased a non genuine product .

You can also check the package all our products come in a coloured package with a hobbywing anti counterfeit hologram label not in the plain white boxes i have seen in the past .Also capacitors for the xerun are silver and the ezrun are black and white stripping not green and gold .
Also all our sensor cables are only supplied with motors not esc's and are black and not red with a white connector
the US copy you are referring to, is made in china and shipped to the US and distributed.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
are the hobbypower copies on ebay from hobbywing or other company. they are coming out of china.
It has already been posted by Angelo that these are NOTHING to do with Hobbywing.

So beware if you buy one.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Is there anyone that have a setup with HW v2,0 esc and a SP 3,5?

Oskar
Old 09-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Prophet

nah, was not going to. when a 300 dollar esc sells for $59, I always believe it is too good to be true.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

the US copy you are referring to, is made in china and shipped to the US and distributed.
correct made in china,rebranded from the instructions of the usa importer and sold and distributed in the usa .There are two US companies at the moment with identical esc's in cosmetics and software rebranded which we at hobbywing have no connection with .
Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fjeld
Hi
Is there anyone that have a setup with HW v2,0 esc and a SP 3,5?

Oskar
Oskar

I do have a setup for a 4.5T and 5.5T for a 2.0 esc you just have to work from there .

send me an email at [email protected] and i will forward both setups to you .
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

coming out of china yes but no connection to hobbywing
Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Hey, there is a guy named Element6 that is having a copycat issue and is trying to get ahold of you and hadnt heard from you or anyone of that fact trying to get some help on his situation...This is from the 1/8 & 1/10 Offroad Tech Support
yes i responded to your email .

White box,sensor cable being red as we dont even supply one,fan sticker being a rough cut out not if the bubble effect but flat plus caps all the signs of a fake product
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
yes i responded to your email .

White box,sensor cable being red as we dont even supply one,fan sticker being a rough cut out not if the bubble effect but flat plus caps all the signs of a fake product
correct, thats why i directed you 2 together as i was pretty sure he didnt get what he bought and been there with ebay so its nice to get all things covered before opening a case and thank you for getting ahold of him
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Prophet

it is a little ironic that china is knocking off its own products, lol.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

right...but if you can get all the parts and not have to do any of the work you could pry undercut other companies also, lol!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

it is a little ironic that china is knocking off its own products, lol.
you would be suprised what they do trust me .The knock offs are designed by a person in the usa and instructs the factory in china to manufacture them .There are many of these $59 esc's floating around the usa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.