Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders! >

MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree100Likes

MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
. But, I will say this. In order to keep customers happy and in order to continue with the progression of the Mylaps/AMB system, there should have been a trade in program. This would have been to keep customers happy. If you have however many transponders that are older, you should get a 30 to 50% discount on the purchase of you replacements.

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
I wonder if you send in your Decoder box for service, if they will automatically put 4.5.on your system.

Hi, MYLAPS North America support member here. I'm new to the company, but from my interactions with customers and partners so far, it appears MYLAPS has changed a lot since 2017 and is being more responsive.

If you have our legacy model units and are looking to upgrade or have a broken unit I can move you into the Rc4 Tx for less than $50 US. If you have a bunch of legacy transponders I will work to come up with a solution with you.

For the 2nd point, if your decoder comes in for service it will NOT be upgraded to 4.5.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by billdelong
I know you can make a special order and buy directly from MRT, you can specify what ID you want to have so long as it's an ID they have already cloned.
I doubt that. When you have bought an AMB transponder then the number in it is yours. If you want AMT to clone a transponder it was always a task for you to prove it is actually yours. If AMT is using all numbers they have ever cloned then they will have a privacy thing.....

To my knowledge MRT has bought some own AMB transponders from which they use the numbers.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone have the 4.4 firmware in a file that can be sent? We bought a used system, it has 2.0. I can’t seem to find anywhere to snag a 4.4 firmware. Any advice is appreciated

thanks,
anthony
Old 04-02-2019, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
I doubt that. When you have bought an AMB transponder then the number in it is yours. If you want AMT to clone a transponder it was always a task for you to prove it is actually yours. If AMT is using all numbers they have ever cloned then they will have a privacy thing.....

To my knowledge MRT has bought some own AMB transponders from which they use the numbers.
We might be saying the same thing, just to clarify, you can select from a list of numbers that MRT has already cloned, or you can send in an AMB for them to clone a new number, lots of options to explore with MRT, everything spelled out here:
https://mrtworkflow.freshdesk.com/su...ponder-cloning
Old 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lorider75
Does anyone have the 4.4 firmware in a file that can be sent? We bought a used system, it has 2.0. I can’t seem to find anywhere to snag a 4.4 firmware. Any advice is appreciated

thanks,
anthony
Hi, we also need this update. It would be great if someone could send it to me.

Thanks Harry

Old 08-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Every firmware build is specific to the serial number, so you unfortunately cannot share firmware files.

Send an email to our support department with your serial number, and the current version of the firmware thats on it. We may be able to help you out in certain cases. [email protected]
Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all your friendly neighborhood MYLAPS support guy here.

I've been working hard on a program for RC tracks and racers and have been approved the following.

RC4 Trade-ins are now only $49.99 vs the $69.99 that was previously listed on our website. (50% discount on new units).
You can send in ANY rc transponder to receive that trade-in price ; MRT, Robotronics, iLap, old broken AMB units.

Also if your club has an old AMB decoder (or competitor decoder) you can get a trade-in for $1099 over the $3400 retail (65% discount)

These are good through Dec 1, 2019. If you are looking to trade-in more than 1 transponder at a time send me a message and I'll work up a bulk rate.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrThallas
Hi all your friendly neighborhood MYLAPS support guy here.

I've been working hard on a program for RC tracks and racers and have been approved the following.

RC4 Trade-ins are now only $49.99 vs the $69.99 that was previously listed on our website. (50% discount on new units).
You can send in ANY rc transponder to receive that trade-in price ; MRT, Robotronics, iLap, old broken AMB units.

Also if your club has an old AMB decoder (or competitor decoder) you can get a trade-in for $1099 over the $3400 retail (65% discount)

These are good through Dec 1, 2019. If you are looking to trade-in more than 1 transponder at a time send me a message and I'll work up a bulk rate.
If anyone is curious how this works, just go to the trade-in program on their website. The $49.99 applies when you add it to cart. Worked for me!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savage24x
If anyone is curious how this works, just go to the trade-in program on their website. The $49.99 applies when you add it to cart. Worked for me!
Was that for the two wire hybrid or three wire?
Old 09-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Are the brand new RC4 pro transponders backwards compatible with any other older equipment?
Old 09-23-2019, 03:03 PM
Tech Lord

Old 09-24-2019, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

I've updated the table to explain the thread's title
Old 09-24-2019, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mv4wd

I've updated the table to explain the thread's title
Would you be able to add mrt pt to that table? Its been a table i shared. Many times as we jave clubs around us with different systems
Old 09-24-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Would you be able to add mrt pt to that table? Its been a table i shared. Many times as we jave clubs around us with different systems
I'm afraid MRT made at least two revisions of their transponders. The first version was blocked by RC4 decoders. They updated the design because of that, but again have been left out by firmware 4.5. So an earlier MRT might not work with a RC4. The newest MRT should have same compatibility as AmbRC (that is up to firmware 4.4). If somebody can confirm this I'll update the schema
Old 09-24-2019, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mv4wd
I'm afraid MRT made at least two revisions of their transponders. The first version was blocked by RC4 decoders. They updated the design because of that, but again have been left out by firmware 4.5. So an earlier MRT might not work with a RC4. The newest MRT should have same compatibility as AmbRC (that is up to firmware 4.4). If somebody can confirm this I'll update the schema
yes, MRT released the (NS) "new series" version of the PTX-20-NS which supports up to AMB 4.4 they also have a newer design with a smaller footprint than the PTX-20-NS which provides the same support, the latest version is called the "mPTX"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.