Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders! >

MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders!

Like Tree97Likes

MyLaps update killing MRT, AMBrc DP and house transponders!

Old 02-15-2019, 01:31 PM
  #181  
Tech Rookie
 
MrThallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
. But, I will say this. In order to keep customers happy and in order to continue with the progression of the Mylaps/AMB system, there should have been a trade in program. This would have been to keep customers happy. If you have however many transponders that are older, you should get a 30 to 50% discount on the purchase of you replacements.

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I wonder if you send in your Decoder box for service, if they will automatically put 4.5.on your system.

Hi, MYLAPS North America support member here. I'm new to the company, but from my interactions with customers and partners so far, it appears MYLAPS has changed a lot since 2017 and is being more responsive.


If you have our legacy model units and are looking to upgrade or have a broken unit I can move you into the Rc4 Tx for less than $50 US. If you have a bunch of legacy transponders I will work to come up with a solution with you.


For the 2nd point, if your decoder comes in for service it will NOT be upgraded to 4.5.
MrThallas is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 12:16 AM
  #182  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 8,939
Default

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I know you can make a special order and buy directly from MRT, you can specify what ID you want to have so long as it's an ID they have already cloned.
I doubt that. When you have bought an AMB transponder then the number in it is yours. If you want AMT to clone a transponder it was always a task for you to prove it is actually yours. If AMT is using all numbers they have ever cloned then they will have a privacy thing.....

To my knowledge MRT has bought some own AMB transponders from which they use the numbers.
Roelof is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 11:22 AM
  #183  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
lorider75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lloydminster, Sk
Posts: 288
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have the 4.4 firmware in a file that can be sent? We bought a used system, it has 2.0. I canít seem to find anywhere to snag a 4.4 firmware. Any advice is appreciated

thanks,
anthony
lorider75 is offline  
Old 04-02-2019, 05:58 AM
  #184  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 4,646
Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
I doubt that. When you have bought an AMB transponder then the number in it is yours. If you want AMT to clone a transponder it was always a task for you to prove it is actually yours. If AMT is using all numbers they have ever cloned then they will have a privacy thing.....

To my knowledge MRT has bought some own AMB transponders from which they use the numbers.
We might be saying the same thing, just to clarify, you can select from a list of numbers that MRT has already cloned, or you can send in an AMB for them to clone a new number, lots of options to explore with MRT, everything spelled out here:
https://mrtworkflow.freshdesk.com/su...ponder-cloning
billdelong is offline  
Old 08-20-2019, 02:20 PM
  #185  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 26
Default

Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
Does anyone have the 4.4 firmware in a file that can be sent? We bought a used system, it has 2.0. I canít seem to find anywhere to snag a 4.4 firmware. Any advice is appreciated

thanks,
anthony
Hi, we also need this update. It would be great if someone could send it to me.

Thanks Harry

Harry91 is offline  
Old 08-20-2019, 02:29 PM
  #186  
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 841
Default

Every firmware build is specific to the serial number, so you unfortunately cannot share firmware files.

Send an email to our support department with your serial number, and the current version of the firmware thats on it. We may be able to help you out in certain cases. [email protected]
Brandon Rohde is offline  
Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 AM
  #187  
Tech Rookie
 
MrThallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Hi all your friendly neighborhood MYLAPS support guy here.

I've been working hard on a program for RC tracks and racers and have been approved the following.

RC4 Trade-ins are now only $49.99 vs the $69.99 that was previously listed on our website. (50% discount on new units).
You can send in ANY rc transponder to receive that trade-in price ; MRT, Robotronics, iLap, old broken AMB units.

Also if your club has an old AMB decoder (or competitor decoder) you can get a trade-in for $1099 over the $3400 retail (65% discount)

These are good through Dec 1, 2019. If you are looking to trade-in more than 1 transponder at a time send me a message and I'll work up a bulk rate.
MrThallas is offline  
Old 09-03-2019, 11:49 AM
  #188  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
savage24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 666
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrThallas View Post
Hi all your friendly neighborhood MYLAPS support guy here.

I've been working hard on a program for RC tracks and racers and have been approved the following.

RC4 Trade-ins are now only $49.99 vs the $69.99 that was previously listed on our website. (50% discount on new units).
You can send in ANY rc transponder to receive that trade-in price ; MRT, Robotronics, iLap, old broken AMB units.

Also if your club has an old AMB decoder (or competitor decoder) you can get a trade-in for $1099 over the $3400 retail (65% discount)

These are good through Dec 1, 2019. If you are looking to trade-in more than 1 transponder at a time send me a message and I'll work up a bulk rate.
If anyone is curious how this works, just go to the trade-in program on their website. The $49.99 applies when you add it to cart. Worked for me!
savage24x is offline  
Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 AM
  #189  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Greenwood, IN
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
If anyone is curious how this works, just go to the trade-in program on their website. The $49.99 applies when you add it to cart. Worked for me!
Was that for the two wire hybrid or three wire?
windellmc is offline  
Old 09-23-2019, 12:51 PM
  #190  
Tech Adept
 
Jonnywachter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 195
Default

Are the brand new RC4 pro transponders backwards compatible with any other older equipment?
Jonnywachter is offline  
Old 09-23-2019, 03:03 PM
  #191  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 8,939
Default

Roelof is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 04:07 AM
  #192  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 186
Default


I've updated the table to explain the thread's title
mv4wd is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 06:02 AM
  #193  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Joel Lagace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,640
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mv4wd View Post

I've updated the table to explain the thread's title
Would you be able to add mrt pt to that table? Its been a table i shared. Many times as we jave clubs around us with different systems
Joel Lagace is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 07:54 AM
  #194  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 186
Default

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
Would you be able to add mrt pt to that table? Its been a table i shared. Many times as we jave clubs around us with different systems
I'm afraid MRT made at least two revisions of their transponders. The first version was blocked by RC4 decoders. They updated the design because of that, but again have been left out by firmware 4.5. So an earlier MRT might not work with a RC4. The newest MRT should have same compatibility as AmbRC (that is up to firmware 4.4). If somebody can confirm this I'll update the schema
mv4wd is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 08:17 AM
  #195  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 4,646
Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mv4wd View Post
I'm afraid MRT made at least two revisions of their transponders. The first version was blocked by RC4 decoders. They updated the design because of that, but again have been left out by firmware 4.5. So an earlier MRT might not work with a RC4. The newest MRT should have same compatibility as AmbRC (that is up to firmware 4.4). If somebody can confirm this I'll update the schema
yes, MRT released the (NS) "new series" version of the PTX-20-NS which supports up to AMB 4.4 they also have a newer design with a smaller footprint than the PTX-20-NS which provides the same support, the latest version is called the "mPTX"
billdelong is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.