Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Factory setting

Originally posted by pelos
Does anyone know the factory setting for a Novamax Max3 Turbo?
HSN... near 5 turns out
LSN ... 3 turns out (new 5.4mm venturi)
3.5 turns out (old 6mm venturi)
This is only starting point.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Factory setting

Originally posted by GoldFinger
HSN... near 5 turns out
LSN ... 3 turns out (new 5.4mm venturi)
3.5 turns out (old 6mm venturi)
This is only starting point.
The setting is pretty safe for Novarossi inline pipes. For other pipes, the HSN might just be too lean !

If these settings are to be used for breaking in, I would richen the needles more. Just my opinion.

If I need to tune the engine to race, what I do is best to set the LSN to 4 turns out and HSN to 6 turns out. I do this on most engines. Idle screw is set such that the slide carb is having about 1 mm hole opening when closed. You need to keep throttling to keep the engine running. Set the LSN to lean it till the engine idle RPM goes up a little and then back out a little till the idle remains constant. That should be the ball park LSN setting. Now tune the HSN till you get the engine revving to the highest RPM very easily. Then back out / richen the HSN a little. Test it on track to fine tune.

If the idle is dropping, lean the LSN a little bit more.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Factory setting

Originally posted by InitialD
The setting is pretty safe for Novarossi inline pipes. For other pipes, the HSN might just be too lean !

If these settings are to be used for breaking in, I would richen the needles more. Just my opinion.

If I need to tune the engine to race, what I do is best to set the LSN to 4 turns out and HSN to 6 turns out. I do this on most engines. Idle screw is set such that the slide carb is having about 1 mm hole opening when closed. You need to keep throttling to keep the engine running. Set the LSN to lean it till the engine idle RPM goes up a little and then back out a little till the idle remains constant. That should be the ball park LSN setting. Now tune the HSN till you get the engine revving to the highest RPM very easily. Then back out / richen the HSN a little. Test it on track to fine tune.

If the idle is dropping, lean the LSN a little bit more.
Thanks bro, for the explanation.. as always
Old 04-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Factory setting

Thanks a lot for the tips.
Last weekend I got lots of problems with high idle rpm only for 10 sec after a zooom. Trying to solve them brought me lost: i first tried to rich the LSN without any noticeable advantage, then I tried everything with my poor experience.
I was running 16% with #5 and 0.3 shim, outside temp 12 °C, JPL turbo inline pipe.
I will try your routine tomorrow, thanks again.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Now im using 16% Model technic fuel...just for play. but the problem is my engine seems to die easily. I know i have 2 tune differently becoz previously using 25%...but really headache. Can anyone suggest me on the HSN and LSN?
Like prev on 25%, HSN 6T LSN 3 1/2T using shark pipe #6, so now 16% HSN=?, LSN=?
Old 04-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Now im using 16% Model technic fuel...just for play. but the problem is my engine seems to die easily. I know i have 2 tune differently becoz previously using 25%...but really headache. Can anyone suggest me on the HSN and LSN?
Like prev on 25%, HSN 6T LSN 3 1/2T using shark pipe #6, so now 16% HSN=?, LSN=?
In genelar, less nitro=less power.
Must compensating it with leaner HSN and or LSN.
Just watch the engine temp, most NS base wont go normal(ideal) at below 100 C (tropical country).
Dies easily.. could be too rich/cold or too lean/hot.
Change the plug accordingly...engine too hot, change to hotter plug/lower number and vice versa...
If still goes wrong... reduce the head shim and or reduce the pressure line length.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is this engine a 15 small block http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=2191
Old 04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Finally raced the MX21-MF AAC last weekend. Probably put 4 liters of fuel into it. So far it is still in good shape. Oberservations so far are:

1. Once the engine is run-in, there are almost no nip in it at all. Still runs great.
2. The power band is push into the higher rev. You will need to gear low and slip the clutch a bit.

Will probably put another couple liters on it to see how long it will last. So far there are no signs of wear of liner and piston. The only alarming observation is that the outside of liner might wear out from vibrations rubing on the crank case.

I would think they are a sweeter engine than the ABC version.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Nova MAX

Originally posted by Ravi Nair
Must we add a head shim (0.3mm) in ts engine. I'm using a 25% nitro. I was runnig a RB X.12 Rody Tune and was advise to add the 0.3mm shim.
I have found no shim in my engine and i hAVE BEEN USING 16% fuel is this bad do i need to ad some shims before i do some damage?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Glow plug

Could somebody please tell me the correct glow plug code for a nova max 12 3 port turbo i am using 16% nitro in warm to cool conditions

Thanks
Old 04-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Voodo_Magic... Use the Novarossi C7TGF Med Turbo plug... You're using only 16% nitro and the weather/temp in your area is warm to sometimes cold... The warm plug will work fine. If you step up to a higher nitro fuel, you should move up to a cold plug. Hope the info helps and good luck.

RC_Alan
Old 04-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc_alan
Voodo_Magic... Use the Novarossi C7TGF Med Turbo plug... You're using only 16% nitro and the weather/temp in your area is warm to sometimes cold... The warm plug will work fine. If you step up to a higher nitro fuel, you should move up to a cold plug. Hope the info helps and good luck.

RC_Alan
Hi Alan I cannot seem to find that plug i have been using C5TF at the moment is this the same one?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all.....

I am running a NovaMax in my MTX3 at the Uk foam nationals, 1 of the tracks we race is VERY fast (12 second laps), over half of the track including a banked corner is full speed.

What kind of pipe setup would you recommend for this circuit?

The banked corner is very fast, lots of engines cannot handle the banked corner well and drop alot of RPM due to the load on the car.

Would adjusting the pipe length help keep the RPM stable under load?

thx......rich
Old 04-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Voodo_Magic... the C5 plug and C7 plugs are different... I would use and warm turbo plug if you can find one. Any major brand will do. If you're running anything below 30% nitro, then use a warm plug... You can use RB's, McCoy's, Top, Rossi, NovaRossi's and Sirio Turbo plugs... Just use the warm ones. I'm sure your lhs can point you in the right direction... Goodluck and happy racing.

RC_Alan
Old 04-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

UK_RAGE,

Hi mate,

How do the max peformances compared to the JP or the NSR5.
Reason for asking is that some thieving B*****D stolen my G4 E class with a Nova Rossi RR12L5, head unit, amps and subs from my car last week ! Going to place an order for the G4 E pro from border, hence looking for a new engine as well. Knew that Ben Kensall was running a Rody RB whom FTD as well. Was gonna for a JP FX 5 , but Nova Rossi are bringing out a 7 ports version next week. Is the max have a greater bottom or top end, and how do you rate it to the like of RB, JP or Sirio.

thanks
Xtreme888

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.