R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   NovaMax (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/29514-novamax.html)

lawndoggie 12-15-2003 11:56 PM

NovaMax

So I heard the new NovaMax 5port that is based on the NS will be out soon? Any words on that? Should be a screamer both performance and price wise!

InitialD 12-16-2003 12:09 AM

Re: NovaMax

The Novamax 5 port engines have always been based on the NS design.

Are you referring to the NSR Novamax?

GoldFinger 12-16-2003 01:27 AM

Re: Re: NovaMax

Originally posted by InitialD
The Novamax 5 port engines have always been based on the NS design.

Are you referring to the NSR Novamax?

D, if im not wrong, the old MAX (marked P3 orP5 in the head) is still base on RS12.
The newer that just been release is a newer version (marked S3 or S5). Both is base on NSR coz its already equipped with "special piston"
To easily check wether yours is P or S model if the mark is gone, just measure the top needle housing of the carb.
It was taller than the previous carb models coz it has a double seals/o-ring.

InitialD 12-16-2003 01:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: NovaMax

Originally posted by GoldFinger
The newer that just been release is a newer version (marked S3 or S5). Both is base on NSR coz its already equipped with "special piston"
Yes, you mentioned it back in the nitro forum not long ago. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by GoldFinger
It was taller than the previous carb models coz it has a double seals/o-ring.
Are you referring to the brass high speed needle housing that is now taller?

GoldFinger 12-16-2003 01:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: NovaMax

Yes, you mentioned it back in the nitro forum not long ago. Thanks for the info.
I think this credit should go to Pyramid :D :sneaky:

Are you referring to the brass high speed needle housing that is now taller?

Yup. You will notice that once you put your screwdriver on it.

lawndoggie 12-16-2003 02:44 AM

So the S5 is out?? I've only seen P3 and P5 so far...
Just imagine an engine faster than the Novamax P5 or the NSR 5 port!! :cool:
of corse faster means more breaking parts for me....
Quick question though, is P/S set available for NovaMax? It would suck to throw away the engine after a few gallons of fun...

InitialD 12-16-2003 03:01 AM

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Just imagine an engine faster than the Novamax P5 or the NSR 5 port!! :cool:
I don't think the NSR version of the Novamax (called S5) would be faster than the P5 Novamax. The piston does not make the engine faster.

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Quick question though, is P/S set available for NovaMax?
Not too sure. But I think it's the same as the ordinary Novarossi S5 / NS12 piston sleeve set except for a very slight mod on the transfer port. That's about it.

EdwardN 12-16-2003 07:21 AM

The piston does not make the engine faster.

I don't know if new version MAX will be faster then old, but for sure right piston material will make engine faster ( right expantion, lowered friction etc). If even combination piston /sleeve from material properties view and right tapering will make it much faster :nod:

Manticore 12-16-2003 07:39 AM

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I don't know if new version MAX will be faster then old, but for sure right piston material will make engine faster ( right expantion, lowered friction etc). If even combination piston /sleeve from material properties view and right tapering will make it much faster :nod:
this certainly sounds logical !

InitialD 12-16-2003 08:43 AM

I understand what you're saying but are you implying that all things like timings being equal, the NSR in reality is faster than the NS just like new Max will be faster than old Max?

EdwardN 12-16-2003 09:02 AM

I understand what you're saying but are you implying that all things like timings being equal, the NSR in reality is faster than the NS just like new Max will be faster than old Max?
Well, logicaly every new version has to be better then previous.
There are so many variables in this small device that can impact performance and sometimes it happenes that the new version isn't realy better then previous. This is what whole development is about.
I don't say at all new Max isn't better, just try to say, not always new is better.
Also the cost of new implementation has to be reasonble and has to mutch benefits from it.:nod:

InitialD 12-16-2003 09:05 AM

Well, logicaly every new version has to be better then previous.
There are so many variables in this small device that can impact performance and sometimes it happenes that the new version isn't realy better then previous. This is what whole development is about.
I don't say at all new Max isn't better, just try to say, not always new is better.
Also the cost of new implementation has to be reasonble and has to mutch benefits from it.:nod:

Agree with what your trying to say Ed. Just that I thought Novarossi mentioned that the NSR is nothing more than an NS engine with a different and better piston material which can withstand higher heat than the older NS piston material. Performance wise in terms of power output, they are identical.

lawndoggie 12-16-2003 09:10 AM

Agree with what your trying to say Ed. Just that I thought Novarossi mentioned that the NSR is nothing more than an NS engine with a different and better piston material which can withstand higher heat than the older NS piston material. Performance wise in terms of power output, they are identical.
This might be true, but remember the old Max P5 was based on RS engines, not NS. ANd what I am trying to compare is S5 and P5, i.e comparing NS based novamax against RS based novamax. Not NSR based against NS based.:p

Pit-racer 12-16-2003 09:11 AM

:cool: Hello Edward, look forward to meeting up with you in calif. soon. Also to see how you run your engines.

EdwardN 12-16-2003 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Pit-racer
:cool: Hello Edward, look forward to meeting up with you in calif. soon. Also to see how you run your engines.
Hi, not only to run the engines, also I will work on one of them in your present. Want to show you what and how I do my work.;) :nod: No secrets !!!!!!:nod: