Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey there Xtreme

The Nova Max has a very broad power band, massive amounts of torque and screaming RPM.

I personally think they are the best .12 engines on the market, but at a price!!!!!!

I also beleive they are very hard to get in this countryat this time.

I have both the P5 and the S5 .12 engines, the P5 is the older version based on the NS ( I think). I havent run the S5 yet it is still shiny and new

Jp are very good engines but for roughly the same money I think a NovaMax would be a beter engine.

Thr NRS RR from NovaRossi would be a great engine for the smaller tracks in this country, I have been told they are not being imported to the UK

cheers.......Rage
Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation max recap

Hi Guys,
I would like to re cap on some of the information in this tread. Firstly I think I can confirm the nova max was never produced with an RS12 engine. (yes the novarossi book does say RS but so did the book that came with my NS)
P and S engines, I have just purchaes the Max in april 04. The engine has P3 on the head. I have asked the store if the engine is the old version or new version, before I ordered and after I ordered (after seeing P3 on the head and reading this forum) I was excpeting it to have S3 on the head.......

This is the reply:
On the enigne, all the Novamax .12 are base on NSR series. Max use only NSR as base engine from the begining until now. Max even has NSR base before Novarossi released their NSR12S3. Please contact Novamax directly if you like more information to confirmed about this.

Interested to hear what you guys think of this.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: max recap

Originally posted by Neoracer
Hi Guys,
I would like to re cap on some of the information in this tread. Firstly I think I can confirm the nova max was never produced with an RS12 engine. (yes the novarossi book does say RS but so did the book that came with my NS)
P and S engines, I have just purchaes the Max in april 04. The engine has P3 on the head. I have asked the store if the engine is the old version or new version, before I ordered and after I ordered (after seeing P3 on the head and reading this forum) I was excpeting it to have S3 on the head.......

This is the reply:
On the enigne, all the Novamax .12 are base on NSR series. Max use only NSR as base engine from the begining until now. Max even has NSR base before Novarossi released their NSR12S3. Please contact Novamax directly if you like more information to confirmed about this.

Interested to hear what you guys think of this.
Could be true...
Coz, when I compare the piston colour of "NSR" and the old "P" series is about the same. And both engine are EXTREMELY HARD to break.
Now, the "S" series of MAX, the piston has a brighter colour and only has 1 oil pit (groove). Break-in is absolutely easier, not means softer but more to better hand matching. And needs to gear 1 tooth higher(spur), it peaks even faster.

Just from my observation.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: max recap

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Could be true...
Coz, when I compare the piston colour of "NSR" and the old "P" series is about the same. And both engine are EXTREMELY HARD to break.
Now, the "S" series of MAX, the piston has a brighter colour and only has 1 oil pit (groove). Break-in is absolutely easier, not means softer but more to better hand matching. And needs to gear 1 tooth higher(spur), it peaks even faster.

Just from my observation.
Means my P5 is not that bad afterall...after seeing the S5 here i tot my P5 is older already.
i should use lower pinion and bigger spur for harder acceleration, eh?
Old 04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

UK_Rage,

Why is the rr12l5 is not imported into the UK? Where did you pick up yours novamax from ? The rr12l5 is a ballistic engine on short track. The nsr5s at my track have not been able to beat me yet. Was thinking the new nova rossi 7 ports or the jp fx series. Need more feedback on the max compared with nsr5s or jp, and then i will decide on which one to buy

thanks

xtreme888
Old 04-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: max recap

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Means my P5 is not that bad afterall...after seeing the S5 here i tot my P5 is older already.
i should use lower pinion and bigger spur for harder acceleration, eh?
Agree... it should not be older and newer, just different.

About gear ratio.. I think Max has tons already. If you have time, play with other pipe combo, depends on what you are looking for.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: max recap

Agree... it should not be older and newer, just different.

About gear ratio.. I think Max has tons already. If you have time, play with other pipe combo, depends on what you are looking for.
Great thanks for the confirmation.
meaning "...Max has tons already", i don't have to gear up to have the kit accelarate better..like bigger spur /smaller pinion...the final 1st gear 6.6 is good enough accelaration? [we should discuss this in serpent 710 thread]
Old 04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Q
Tech Apprentice

Talking glow plug

Last edited by Q; 04-29-2004 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Guys, please comment on this picture. i just opened up my Max and noticed this.
Attached Thumbnails NovaMax-2inview.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Another view from the backplate...
Attached Thumbnails NovaMax-backview1.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

one more...
Attached Thumbnails NovaMax-backview2.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

The engine is still running good with 16% Fuel with Nova #6Tf plug. In fact, its nothing wrong with it if u ask me. its just im not happy with the look of it from inside. is it too rich, too lean or wrong plug...please comment.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
The engine is still running good with 16% Fuel with Nova #6Tf plug. In fact, its nothing wrong with it if u ask me. its just im not happy with the look of it from inside. is it too rich, too lean or wrong plug...please comment.
Nothings wrong, just clean it up using tootbrush and dishsoap.
Put back together again.
But use different brand of fuel.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Nothings wrong, just clean it up using tootbrush and dishsoap.
Put back together again.
But use different brand of fuel.
ok...thats a relief...but why diff fuel?
Is tornado ok....but here no tornado 16%...i just wanna use for weekend play...the 16% not for racing though. the 16% is model technic fuel. i use this for my run-in. any comment?
Old 04-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some fuels cause that ugly color to be deposited in your engine. Blue thunder did that to mine. The cleanest burning fuel I've used is O'Donnell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.