Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
This might be true, but remember the old Max P5 was based on RS engines, not NS.
I think this is incorrect. I have the P5 Novamax in my 705 and they are indeed based on the Novarossi NS design.

Originally posted by lawndoggie
ANd what I am trying to compare is S5 and P5, i.e comparing NS based novamax against RS based novamax. Not NSR based against NS based.
Firstly, I don't think there is a RS based Novamax engine in the market that Massimo Fantini created.

Secondly, the S5 is a P5 Novamax engine with the upgraded piston material (as the one that can be found on the NSR) according to Goldfinger and Pyramid, just like what the NSR engine is when compared to the NS.

So if you want to compare the S5 and P5 Novamax, I would not know really which one would be more powerful. I don't know if Massimo Fantini did some more crankwork or mods to the newer S5 Novamax than he did to the P5 version of his creation. That would be interesting to know.

But if the S5 would just be a P5 with the upgraded piston like the NSR engine and nothing more, then I would think their performances would be similar just like the NS and NSR engine.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:33 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: NovaMax

Originally posted by GoldFinger
D, if im not wrong, the old MAX (marked P3 orP5 in the head) is still base on RS12......
Now I'm confused....the NovaMax crank I have measures 11.5mm which would make the engine based on the NS12. The engine it came from was a P5.....
Old 12-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: NovaMax

Originally posted by dtm
Now I'm confused....the NovaMax crank I have measures 11.5mm which would make the engine based on the NS12. The engine it came from was a P5.....
.. Sorry, I dont mean to confuse you guys..
Truly, Im the one that very confusing now.
My first delivery of MAX .12 engines was around agt/sept, I personally check that the engine was RS12 based. But Im sure that I could be wrong. There are some other delivery after that but I never check it again. Untill the model came up.
And I got those statement from our vendor.
Im going to clarify this thing with my vendor (I run small LHS here)
Old 12-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NovaMax

[BMy first delivery of MAX .12 engines was around agt/sept, I personally check that the engine was RS12 based. [/B]
Goldfinger, dtm is right. All MovaMax engines are based on the NS12 design. The NovaMax came out with their engines based on the NS12 design way before Novarossi or RB came out with their NS12/V12 engines.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default NovaMax 5P vs NS5 RR vs RB X12 RR

NovaMax 5P vs NS5 RR vs RB X12 RR - 0.12 Engine

These 3 "monster" engine. If it is free which one you will pick?
and why?.........why?
Old 12-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

novamax...my choice... runs better then my s5 JP
Old 12-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: NovaMax 5P vs NS5 RR vs RB X12 RR

Originally posted by esham
NovaMax 5P vs NS5 RR vs RB X12 RR - 0.12 Engine

These 3 "monster" engine. If it is free which one you will pick?
and why?.........why?
they are different class engines at different price tag. but that doesnt mean the cheaper engines are not capable to win with capable hand.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: NovaMax 5P vs NS5 RR vs RB X12 RR

Originally posted by Manticore
they are different class engines at different price tag. but that doesnt mean the cheaper engines are not capable to win with capable hand.
yes I agree with you. Sometime it quit sensitive to handle high power engine in order to keep at the good driving line. Good car setup, driving line, consistency, good tuning engine, optimum gearing and luck at all matters in needed in wining a race.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default for thefuzzclub

http://www.rcmaxpower.com/
Old 01-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok...im new in this Nitro engine thing...Pls let me know that i made the right decision to buy the NovaMax engine compares to JP engine & NSR12 S5...

The price range ranking (at least at my place):
1.Nova Max
2. JP engine
3. NSR12 S5

Obviously...i burnt my wallet on this investment. Thanks guys. Evolution, thanks for the website address...but i was hoping to get more info on this engine.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Ok...im new in this Nitro engine thing...Pls let me know that i made the right decision to buy the NovaMax engine compares to JP engine & NSR12 S5...

The price range ranking (at least at my place):
1.Nova Max
2. JP engine
3. NSR12 S5

Obviously...i burnt my wallet on this investment. Thanks guys. Evolution, thanks for the website address...but i was hoping to get more info on this engine.
- NSR12 S5, cheap. Combine with NRS 52607 and you Max power on your bottom end. Use NRS 52224 if you race at big track.
- MAX no need to say. It peaks out all of the power in just one blink. If you have time, wait for the newer model (NSR based)to reach your LHS.
- JP is kind of "loosing his touch" in this new era. Thats why he was the first company that releasing the modded RR12L3.

Just my 2 cent
Old 01-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

- NSR12 S5, cheap. Combine with NRS 52607 and you Max power on your bottom end. Use NRS 52224 if you race at big track.
- MAX no need to say. It peaks out all of the power in just one blink. If you have time, wait for the newer model (NSR based)to reach your LHS.
- JP is kind of "loosing his touch" in this new era. Thats why he was the first company that releasing the modded RR12L3.

Just my 2 cent
Which one is that, the NSR based? I cannot open the package B4 buying, u know honestly...if the LHS good enough 2 open, i can't differenciate B/ween them 2.

I know mine got the P5 initial on the heatsink. Im using Shark Outlaw pipe with Carlsen manifold...is that good combination. The one u mentioned...what NRS 52224 / NRS 52607 things...are they the pipe thing...sorry im not that literate on Nova code.

Last edited by jfc_tech; 01-11-2004 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Which one is that, the NSR based? I cannot open the package B4 buying, u know honestly...if the LHS good enough 2 open, i can't differenciate B/ween them 2.

I know mine got the P5 initial on the heatsink. Im using Shark Outlaw pipe with Carlsen manifold...is that good combination. The one u mentioned...what NRS 52224 / NRS 52607 things...are they the pipe thing...sorry im not that literate on Nova code.
Sorry, I did not carefully read your earlier post.
Actually you already bought it right?
The newer version of MAX is having S5 or S3 initial instead of P#. But dont worry, the P5 is powerfull enough if you combine it with sharks. Just be carefull with your fuel economy during the 5min heats.
NRS 52224 is EFRA pipe for .15 engine (good choice for medium/big track)
NRS 52607 is latest Nova pipe that having same perf. with NRS 52224. NRS 52606 is the EFRA ones.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry, I did not carefully read your earlier post.
Actually you already bought it right?
The newer version of MAX is having S5 or S3 initial instead of P#. But dont worry, the P5 is powerfull enough if you combine it with sharks. Just be carefull with your fuel economy during the 5min heats.
NRS 52224 is EFRA pipe for .15 engine (good choice for medium/big track)
NRS 52607 is latest Nova pipe that having same perf. with NRS 52224. NRS 52606 is the EFRA ones.
Newer is S5 damn man. I thought i bot the latest & fastest one already...

ok, timecheck on the 5minutes mark. got it. Actually not break-in yet. i wonder, Max has a different method of break-in engine. The included info is not that informative
Old 01-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Newer is S5 damn man. I thought i bot the latest & fastest one already...
Dont worry, be happy
Just piston material is different, so it able to withstand higher operating temperature.

Actually not break-in yet. i wonder, Max has a different method of break-in engine.
In car or at bench ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.