Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I
Here in the U.S we also had good results with the G4. At the prestigious,
Byron Fuels National Nitro challenge

C Main: gaining 1st and 2nd positions
B Main: gaining 2nd place
A main: A very good effort by Wolf Hobbies driver Rick Vessel in getting 3rd place.

With the likes of Josh Cyril (A main winner), Mike Swauger (DNF), Jeff Lyne and Ira Shultz to name a few. It was a great effort by the G4 team out there.

Congratulations have to go to Wolf Hobbies drivers for the C Main win and 3rd in the A.
But other G4 drivers deserve a mention including Chris Bozik bumping up from the C main and getting 2nd in the B.
Josh Little getting the C Main 2nd position in his first big race!

Howard (Solara) was also unlucky not to gain a "bump up" spot in the A main when he DNF in the B main while being a head.

Out of I believe 6 G4 cars at the race, 4 managed to gain placings !

A great effort!!

Regards,

British Menace
BM...please check your PM regard INCORRECT information abotu Vessel sponcorship, please address that on all your post regarding all Vessel's post thruout Rctech.

Beside that, very good to see all the G4 gang and I think we did very good on big event like this. Yes...I was extremely bad luck on the almost A bump but that is RACING. I know what I will do next year...I use LIPO instead of 20% fuel....LOL.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

BM....please check PM regarding Vessel's sponcorship info....
Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello all,

Just wanted to clear up some incorrect information. I am not sponsored by Wolf Hobbies. Menace made a simple mistake and assumed that I was due to my running the G4RS. No big deal, just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

I do receive support from RC Manufactory for parts only. My main sponsors are Futaba, O.S. Engines, O'Donnell fuel, Duratrax, Much More, Great Planes, Parma, CEFX, and Checkpoint.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Hello all,

Just wanted to clear up some incorrect information. I am not sponsored by Wolf Hobbies. Menace made a simple mistake and assumed that I was due to my running the G4RS. No big deal, just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

I do receive support from RC Manufactory for parts only. My main sponsors are Futaba, O.S. Engines, O'Donnell fuel, Duratrax, Much More, Great Planes, Parma, CEFX, and Checkpoint.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by British Menace
Congratulations to you Asil and your friend Volkan. A great job in the face of adversity (Very high traction and stripping 2nd gear !)

Good job.

I
Here in the U.S we also had good results with the G4. At the prestigious,
Byron Fuels National Nitro challenge

C Main: gaining 1st and 2nd positions
B Main: gaining 2nd place
A main: A very good effort by Wolf Hobbies driver Rick Vessel in getting 3rd place.

With the likes of Josh Cyril (A main winner), Mike Swauger (DNF), Jeff Lyne and Ira Shultz to name a few. It was a great effort by the G4 team out there.

Congratulations have to go to Wolf Hobbies drivers for the C Main win and 3rd in the A.
But other G4 drivers deserve a mention including Chris Bozik bumping up from the C main and getting 2nd in the B.
Josh Little getting the C Main 2nd position in his first big race!

Out of I believe 6 G4 cars at the race, 4 managed to gain placings !

A great effort!!

Regards,

British Menace
congrats to all TM crew in US

a question about speedshot.. earlier times in this tread we were talking about stiffening speedshot bracket by JB weld... my speedshot just arrived and I saw carbon stiffeners in the holes??? are these carbon parts new or it was always there?? here's the photo;

thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-speedshot.jpg  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
BM....please check PM regarding Vessel's sponcorship info....
Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Hello all,

Thanks,
Rick

Rick[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I was incorrect in my last post concerning Rick Vessel and his sponsorship.

Rick is NOT sponsored by Wolf Hobbies and does not have anything to do with Wolf Hobbies. Nor did they supply Rick with any help whatso ever at the recent Byron Fuels Challenge race.

My sincere appologies need to go out to Rick Vessel, Howard (Solara) and Rick Vessels sponsors for the mystake I made.

I myself do not have any ties with Wolf Hobbies nor, now, do I want to........!

Regards,

Tony Cope

AKA: British Menace
Old 06-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
BM...please check your PM regard INCORRECT information abotu Vessel sponcorship, please address that on all your post regarding all Vessel's post thruout Rctech.

Beside that, very good to see all the G4 gang and I think we did very good on big event like this. Yes...I was extremely bad luck on the almost A bump but that is RACING. I know what I will do next year...I use LIPO instead of 20% fuel....LOL.
Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Hello all,

Thanks,
Rick

I'm afraid I was incorrect in my last post concerning Rick Vessel and his sponsorship.

Rick is NOT sponsored by Wolf Hobbies and does not have anything to do with Wolf Hobbies. Nor did they supply Rick with any help whatso ever at the recent Byron Fuels Challenge race.

My sincere appologies need to go out to Rick Vessel, Howard (Solara) and Rick Vessels sponsors for the mystake I made.

I myself do not have any ties with Wolf Hobbies nor, now, do I want to........!

Regards,

Tony Cope

AKA: British Menace
Old 07-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asil
congrats to all TM crew in US

a question about speedshot.. earlier times in this tread we were talking about stiffening speedshot bracket by JB weld... my speedshot just arrived and I saw carbon stiffeners in the holes??? are these carbon parts new or it was always there?? here's the photo;

thanks in advance...
mine was empty...TM improved their design maybe...
Old 07-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Good going guys !!!
Asil the new speedshot was upgraded to include the carbon inserts.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Razzor,

This was my second weekend with the car. I'm still learning what the car wants but it responded to changes very well.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Good to see the Iowa Team Magic gang @ the Byron race...you guys did a great job representing the TMG4...
Job well done by Socko (Rick) for his A3 podium win with the Team Magic G4RS. Great support by RC Manufactory for our G4RS, and BLEE Modified powered NS12T1 proved that a $150 Nova Rossi Baseline motor are just as good as other big budget name brand motor..........I did OK, qualified 13 and so ready to bump to the A-main for the first 17 minutes of the race untill the fuel/receiver combo decided to stop me from winning the B-main...I learn 1 more thing this year, will never do that again.

A-main video are on my YouTube now...enjoy.

1 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbLXK2eLSk0
2 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_6CKh3h8kM
3 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAO1gKiPV0k
4 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhUK3pusqQ
5 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFoSPF87fU

Last edited by Solara; 07-01-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by razzor
Good going guys !!!
Asil the new speedshot was upgraded to include the carbon inserts.

thanks razzor..

Asil
Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthony_ling
Gentlemen.. need some help with the clutch setup..

When I nail the throttle, clutch engages well off the corners, but when moving slowly, or from a standstill, with the throttle 1/4 open (low revs) the clutch seems to grab and lower the revs, then disengage, then again grab, bring the revs down then disengage then grab... and go... (all within a second)

Needless to say I’m still new to the world of nitro rc, this is my first G4S and need some guidance.... I've have a good smooth clutch setup for 8 meetings, until now..

In an attempt to resolve the issue I have tried,

1. reduce the end play and increase the gap, (with a view to allow the engine to rev higher before engaging)
2. reduce the clutch gap and increase the spring tension..

Where to from here? Or is this simply a symptom of a worn clutch shoe?
Hey Guys... I may have found the cause of the 'clutch setup' issue above...
I found that the small pulley on the middle shaft has a worn groove where the pin holds it... it would allow the side belt/pulley (and the rear transmission) to rotate about 1/6th of a turn before the front transmission would grab on the pulley....
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well done guys wiht the good results.
i havent been racing at all since the state titels. hope to do some laps in the next month. then see about the nationals.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Rookie

wow..good to TM G4 still active oversea..sad just got mt TM G4 but seem like in Singapore TM is dead. no spare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.