Mugen MTX-3

Old 01-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

any good set ups out there for the mtx-3?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mtx3racer
any good set ups out there for the mtx-3?
what's wrong with your current set up?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

nothing really, slides a little, but i want to try some others. Have any that you are willing to share? I would appreciate it very much!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SBmon
when you hit somthing with the front knuckle, (presuming your using a high torque style servo) the servo stays in place and the saver gives as its suppose to. However most of the time people set the saver too soft and the front end gets shocked to full right or left (sometimes beyond if the hit is hard enough) on an impact. this is what breaks the joint. It is not a twist shock problem it is a bind on overtravel problem. Tightening the saver tight will usually do no harm to a metal geared servo but it will prevent overtravel and save your axles. 99% of the time the axles break it is an impact at full steering lock or close to and the axles bind. No cv type axle will survive an impact in a bound up state no matter who makes them.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you motorman
when you say break the joint you mean actually snapping the joint in two pieces right, what about bending the cvd shaft
Old 01-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

i would prob. do that, but i need my car to be light!
That's BS, sorry.

First of all these knuckles are not even heavier than the plastic ones.

Second: What does a two gramm lighter car help you when it breaks in the main?
Old 01-18-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

your right, i prob. should get the alum. knuckles. That will be the next purchase when i break one of the plastic ones. Also you can tell when you crack or break a plastic one but aluminum you really can't tell if its bent
Old 01-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

your right, i prob. should get the alum. knuckles. That will be the next purchase when i break one of the plastic ones. Also you can tell when you crack or break a plastic one but aluminum you really can't tell if its bent
yes you are correct, you can tell that the plastic ones broke when a corner marshall is picking you car from the wall.

The aluminum ones "might" bend (mine haven't after a lot of miles) but they WILL stay on the car and you'll finish!!!

Remember, to finish first, you first got to finish.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

nothing really, slides a little, but i want to try some others. Have any that you are willing to share? I would appreciate it very much!
i am running the stock set up with the shocks mount at the most lay down position with purple springs

if the rear end is loose try to take out the spacers under the camber links on the rear hubs, one by one, that should add some rear stability
Old 01-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

stefan
I am aware of those knuckles and looked for somone who might stock them here but found no one. where did you get them from. I wanted a set last year. I need to get a pair.

SB
all of them will bend if you tear off the knuckle, If it gets cocked hard enough it will bend. I twisted a rear CVD out of my MRX3, a fluke but it can happen and I didn't hit anything I just drove over a dot hard on the power and when the rear tire came down the shock of the tire hooking back up broke it. I've bent them all. LOL

CorseR I'm going to run your OD setup this year
thanks.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Dennis,

I got mine from rcmart.com.

I just checked and he doesn't have them listed anymore but I'm sure he can get them for you.

The guy is very accomodating and reliable.

Check his tire prices too.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Motorman thank you
I have yet to break one but like i said i am pretty good at bending them. But I have been straightening them out recently on a vice we'll see if they hold up. One thing is for sure the mugen cvds are still very strong in comparison to what I was previously use to NTC3 alluminum cvd's
Old 01-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hey do any of you guys know which steering block to use on a hitec 605 because its not on the manual?I Just got mine used off a mugen driver and its missing one of them but dont know which to by?
Old 01-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Aluminum Knuckles

I saw someone break the entire front right side of his car with those knuckles this past weekend. I would rather break a knuckle than arms and bulkheads. I agree that they may save a knuckle if you have a mild brush with a board, but something has to give. Just my opinion.

What block to use? Just find the ones that work for what servo, and arm you are using. I use different ones than the manual suggested.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Aluminum Knuckles

Originally posted by Grinder
I saw someone break the entire front right side of his car with those knuckles this past weekend. I would rather break a knuckle than arms and bulkheads. I agree that they may save a knuckle if you have a mild brush with a board, but something has to give. Just my opinion.
that is exactly the point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.