Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uriah the problem I got is Its usually pretty cold early on in our season. The stock uprights shatter like glass when its below 50. Usually right through the bearing hole. Maybe its that I have lots of arms and bulkheads and few uprights. LOL
Old 01-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Guys, how do you check if the clutch is working fine? how do you check for slippage?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by over gear
Guys, how do you check if the clutch is working fine? how do you check for slippage?
seeing the car's acceleration while you throttle and hearing the RPM change until the clutch engaged.

you should let ah10 help you on this.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtx3racer
nothing really, slides a little, but i want to try some others. Have any that you are willing to share? I would appreciate it very much!
Mine, like the ones of many people is fairly stock, here's the differences between the stock setup and mine stock setup.

Front:
- Track width: 196mm.
- Ride height: 4.5mm.
- Sway bar: 20º.
- Toe-out: 1º (0.5 each wheel).
- Caster: ???. 2 shims in the front of the A-arm (the thick one and one thin).
- Camber: tyres should wear flat or slightly coning inwards.
- Ackermann: B plate.
- Droop: Very 'tight'. Probably 1 or 1.5 measured on a hudy tool.

Rear:
- Track width: 196mm
- Ride height: 5mm
- Sway bar: Stock one (2.3mm) slightly tightened.
- Toe-in: 2º each wheel.
- Camber: Tyres should wear flat or slightly coning inwards.

Tyres: 40 shore everywhere. Rears cut at 63mm, fronts at 60mm (16/19 conversion).
Old 01-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hola Corse-R:

What difference can you notice in the handling of the car by using 196 mm trackwidth as opposed to close to 200 mm.

Jose
Old 01-19-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by stefan
yes you are correct, you can tell that the plastic ones broke when a corner marshall is picking you car from the wall.

The aluminum ones "might" bend (mine haven't after a lot of miles) but they WILL stay on the car and you'll finish!!!

Remember, to finish first, you first got to finish.
I had one of my hubs crack from a collision but it was a decent hit to be fair.I'm hoping kawahara will bring out some delrins later on but in the meantime at least the GPM ones look trick.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-gpm.jpg  
Old 01-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
I had one of my hubs crack from a collision but it was a decent hit to be fair.I'm hoping kawahara will bring out some delrins later on but in the meantime at least the GPM ones look trick.
look who is sponsored by GPM? you punk !
Old 01-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default Grinder,

you neglected to mention how many races you (and Nick for that matter) didn't finish because of knuckles and CVD's and how often that happened to me
Old 01-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
look who is sponsored by GPM? you punk !
Manti, your GPM bashing is getting old now.

If you don't like their stuff for whatever reason, DON'T BUY IT and get over it.

I have found a very good product from GPM (which you most likely haven't even tried) and no matter how often you bash it, I'll still like it.

It seems to me that you have "brand name issues"
Old 01-19-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

It seems to me that you have "brand name issues"
yes i do! what's the problem?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

The problem is that you are giving people bad advise.

Remember when we talked about 3 racing aluminum pulleys here and you told everybody that they are crap and the Kawahara pulleys are the way to go.

Turned out that it was exactly the other way around, didn't it.

Same with those knuckles. You make it sound like people are making a million dollar mistake by trying those.

They are 20 bucks at the most for Pete's sake, so leave it alone already and let people decide for themselves, would you?

I know for a fact that the Kawahara Delrin stuff is by far not what people think it is, but I'm not on a quest to talk everybody out of it.......
Old 01-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

The problem is that you are giving people bad advise.

Remember when we talked about 3 racing aluminum pulleys here and you told everybody that they are crap and the Kawahara pulleys are the way to go.

Turned out that it was exactly the other way around, didn't it.

Same with those knuckles. You make it sound like people are making a million dollar mistake by trying those.

They are 20 bucks at the most for Pete's sake, so leave it alone already and let people decide for themselves, would you?

I know for a fact that the Kawahara Delrin stuff is by far not what people think it is, but I'm not on a quest to talk everybody out of it.......
alright. did i tell kawahara pulley is good? i am a kawahara fan but i am not a blind one. they brake rotor sucks, they pulley sucks. did i said their pulley good? you said 3racing pulley good and I tried it ! it sucks ! are you giving me bad advice too?

there are two issues to the alloy knuckle.

1/. it is alloy. what I dont like is what I dont like. you cannot stop me. and not only me gave advice the alloy part here is just transferring stress to the next parts on the car.

2/. it is GPM. yes, the brand name and the quality. you think you are giving good advice to people that they make good quality stuff? only newbie will say this stefan.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not telling people that GPM is making good stuf in general, I'm telling people that the GPM aluminum knuckles for the MTX3 are a great product.

You are the one generalizing everything that comes from them.

You did exactly the same with ALL the stuff from 3racing.

Also, if you also think that the 3 racing pulleys are crap, than I will have to tell you that I cannot take you very serious anymore.

Me and other people ran these pulleys for the whole season and most of them look almost new.

I'm sorry but I will not discuss this any further, no point to it.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

I'm sorry but I will not discuss this any further, no point to it.
i can feel the same stefan. different people has different opinion and you are just not accepting others idea and comment.

I am a consumer and have the right to tell the bad and the good. and this is why people come to the forum and pick up the information about particular product.

like i always said, only company staff will protect their product. If you are staff of GPM or 3racing, take my advice and go improve your products.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Manti, your GPM bashing is getting old now.
In my younger...mis-guided RC days.....I did buy a few GPM options. Of the stuff bought...about 80% of them needed "hand finishing" before they would fit, there were all manner of problems. Holes which had not been tapped, turnbuckles which were too short for the application, holes which were too small. etc...etc....

OK...you could say for alloy parts they are cheap.....however, what ticked me off the most was the arrogant guys behind the counter....

If you were in Hong Kong, you would know that the GPM name is somewhat linked to poor quality by pretty much everyone who has been in RC for any length of time......so how do they survive? Well, pretty much purely from the overseas market and picking up the newbies around Hong Kong. The prices I've seen in US mags are about double the price in HK, but hey...they can still sell it. I give them credit for their business sense....but definately not for quality.

I would put GPM right down at rock bottom.

3 Racing however, is not that bad...they feature very well in terms of value for money......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.