Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
So if you sell this and that..... what car do you have now ?

I'm selling my G4S ( I bought NT1 ).

And I don't dare to sell my Mugens j/k
I still got my two RRRs and am quite happy with those.

I'm going to be picking up another car - still not 100% sure which one though - G4+ (should be G4$), 720 07 or NT1.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by itchy b
I dont know about Atomic, but the Mugen and Kawahara oneway diff's are the best ones on the market

mugen don't make one way solid, just one way or solid axle but not one way solid, don't know if kawahara makes one though!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seisick
mugen don't make one way solid, just one way or solid axle but not one way solid, don't know if kawahara makes one though!
One-way solid? How exactly does that work?

BTW.. They don't mean the new one-way or solid combo that comes with the MTX-4R do they? Part #T0276

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 06-21-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
try a spool up front. thats what we all run up here and it works great.
oil in the rear 30.000
I will try that. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

BTW.. They don't mean the new one-way or solid combo that comes with the MTX-4R do they? Part #T0276
mugen has a 1 way than if you pin it its a spool
and yes 3 racing has 1 but it sucks the kawahara is the best if you cant get the mugen one.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

I still got my two RRRs and am quite happy with those.

I'm going to be picking up another car - still not 100% sure which one though - G4+ (should be G4$), 720 07 or NT1.
ya the rrr is a good car now the g4$ thats a total bling car if i had 1 i would not run it,i would just look at it.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

The Mugen front one-ways work independantly of each other, but a solid one-way means as soon as you are on throttle its back to a spool only. Both give good off power steering, but the Independant one-way can still free wheel the inside wheel with on power steering, and a solid one-way cant.
Solid one-way would scrub 'on-power corner speed' in a technical course, but handy in a big flowing track.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vdh design
The Mugen front one-ways work independantly of each other, but a solid one-way means as soon as you are on throttle its back to a spool only. Both give good off power steering, but the Independant one-way can still free wheel the inside wheel with on power steering, and a solid one-way cant.
Solid one-way would scrub 'on-power corner speed' in a technical course, but handy in a big flowing track.
One thing i'm wondering is, what is the benefit of using the spool over the one-way(when you can)? I've been told that you can use more brake with the spool, but is that the only benefit? Also, do you have to change your driving style a lot if you go from a one-way to a spool?

Last edited by JetMD; 06-21-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
ya the rrr is a good car now the g4$ thats a total bling car if i had 1 i would not run it,i would just look at it.
IMO, the G4$ is not really a bling car. I understand the reasoning behind all the upgrade parts on it and I totally agree. Yes, some guys are doing just fine with just the G4S and the ED Transmission + bunch of mods, but once you've read through all 7000+ posts in the G4S thread, you can really start to appreciate the differences between the two cars. My only problem with the G4$ at the moment is the price.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vdh design
Thanks for the explanation.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know they have the oneway/solid that if you remove the pin it becomes either one, but what is this new one you guys are talking about?
Old 06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I know they have the oneway/solid that if you remove the pin it becomes either one, but what is this new one you guys are talking about?
It's actually been around for quite some time. After vdh design posted his reply, I found this:

http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules...hp?storyid=118

Mugen version is here:
http://www.rcatomic.com/main/modules...hp?storyid=145
Old 06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JetMD
One thing i'm wondering is, what is the benefit of using the spool over the one-way(when you can)? I've been told that you can use more brake with the spool, but is that the only benefit? Also, do you have to change your driving style a lot if you go from a one-way to a spool?
with a spool you will have more pull out of a turn than with a 1 way and you will have 4 wheel breaks.
a 1way the front wheels spin freely off power to give better turn speed but you can traction roll easier.
a diff will give better turn in than a spool.

a spool will be harder on the drive train though (cvd's and belts)
Old 06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

i just read up on the malty drive
i got to try that to see what it dose
i think better turn in than a spool.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Mugen don't make one, i'm not sure about the aftermarket sector.
I have seen xray just released one, and I have heard that Serpent has a oneway bearing you can put in one of the belt pulleys, so you could even have a diff up front with a one-way action.

Check out rmdhawaii's links above, they are very helpful! Good work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.