V-ONE S Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

I was trying to tune my friend's V1S. The problem that I noticed was there was sometimes a sudden loss of power during top speed. How can this happen?

Old 12-30-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by darthkir
I was trying to tune my friend's V1S. The problem that I noticed was there was sometimes a sudden loss of power during top speed. How can this happen?

TO LEAN RITCHEN IT UP
OR OUCH ......
Old 12-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Really? Humm...I better check that out, last time the temp was still ok.

My GS15R engine now is using OS8 plug with 16% nitro content. Will this be too cold? Or should i try a warmer plug?

Old 12-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Default Plug

Really? Humm...I better check that out, last time the temp was still ok.

My GS15R engine now is using OS8 plug with 16% nitro content. Will this be too cold? Or should i try a warmer plug?

That plug is good on the gs15r

gt

Old 12-30-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

That's usually a sign that the engine is choking. Its getting too much fuel that it can't burn out. Conversely, it can also mean that its getting too little air (remember, for proper combustion, you need the proper mixture of fuel AND air), so check your filter as well and see if its clogged.

You can try to rev. the engine (short WOT of 1-2secs only please) and see of you get the familiar zing of a screaming engine at top RPM. Then monitor idle and see if it dies off in 10-15secs without blipping the throttle. If it tends to rev higher and higher then die of, you're running too lean. If its sputtering, you're too rich. Try to get a steady idle (its not easy with the GS-15R).

remember we had this debate on whether its a single needle or 2-needle carb? Thats why its not easy to tune the GS-15R.

I use OS#8 too, and it last longer than the OS#A3 I was using in my Dodge Ram QRC.

Oh, another thing, if its losing power only once in awhile, then you might have an overheating engine. Check whether you're running too lean and check your air filter.

ok

Old 12-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Default OS glow plugs

Originally posted by Morpheus2be
That's usually a sign that the engine is choking. Its getting too much fuel that it can't burn out. Conversely, it can also mean that its getting too little air (remember, for proper combustion, you need the proper mixture of fuel AND air), so check your filter as well and see if its clogged.

You can try to rev. the engine (short WOT of 1-2secs only please) and see of you get the familiar zing of a screaming engine at top RPM. Then monitor idle and see if it dies off in 10-15secs without blipping the throttle. If it tends to rev higher and higher then die of, you're running too lean. If its sputtering, you're too rich. Try to get a steady idle (its not easy with the GS-15R).

remember we had this debate on whether its a single needle or 2-needle carb? Thats why its not easy to tune the GS-15R.

I use OS#8 too, and it last longer than the OS#A3 I was using in my Dodge Ram QRC.

Oh, another thing, if its losing power only once in awhile, then you might have an overheating engine. Check whether you're running too lean and check your air filter.

ok

The reason the OS#8 lasts longer than the A3 is that the 8 has a platinum filament and the A3 is only platinum coated.
On the gs15r,to the best of my knowledge there is only a 2 needle version, There is however a GX15R as fitted to the Ultima rb buggy which in its current form is a single needle, however I have seen these also fitted with 2needle carbs in thier early days.
The easiest way to tell the difference is the gs15r has a screw-on carby and the GX15 has collar-lock type carby.

gt

Old 12-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

darthkir

Sounds to me like your top end is too lean, richen it up 1/2 a turn...also check for air bubbles in the fuel supply line when you give it a good rev, very common problem on a VoneS with a standard tank
Old 12-31-2002, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

He could use your 'extra-special top-secret' trick on his fuel tank.

Last edited by V-One S Racer; 12-31-2002 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default HPI 12R SS

After I broke in the V-1S ( I love the Car). I decided to swap the Kyosho out and put the 12R SS ( I own a Type SS also ), since the Kyosho has .56hp and the SS has 1+ (HPI said). I am not sure do I need any mod to install the SS on the V-1S. I am already order the engine mount (thks to Squizz). The flywheel on the SS is 40mm vs 38mm on the V-1S. Any suggestion guys. thanks. HAPPY NEW EVERYBODY

Squizz, thanks for all your help and everybody.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: HPI 12R SS

Originally posted by NitroJoe
After I broke in the V-1S ( I love the Car). I decided to swap the Kyosho out and put the 12R SS ( I own a Type SS also ), since the Kyosho has .56hp and the SS has 1+ (HPI said). I am not sure do I need any mod to install the SS on the V-1S. I am already order the engine mount (thks to Squizz). The flywheel on the SS is 40mm vs 38mm on the V-1S. Any suggestion guys. thanks. HAPPY NEW EVERYBODY

Squizz, thanks for all your help and everybody.
Joe, Im not that sure about the HPI engine, Just pull the Kyosho and the HPI out and start playing. A bit of trial and error as it were.

gt

Old 12-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Engine Swaps

Just found this on-line, good for you guys looking at or swapping engines.

http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/ht_replacertr.asp

gt

Old 12-31-2002, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Morpheus2be

ok
the OS#A3 is known as a run in plug

u fellas should try an os #A5
Old 12-31-2002, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

I'm using an A5..... what makes you recommend it?
Old 12-31-2002, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

IMHO the OS A5 is too cold a plug!.....read the Kyosho manual, they even recommend the OS #8
Old 01-01-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

V-One S Racer i was recomened the A5 buy my team manager to see how it went... and prior to using this plug i have used a whole range of rossi, quick fire, os, tipan and i have found best results with this plug i run them in all my eninges and dont have a problem

Sp Racer firstly what does IMHO mean

and how can the a5 be too colder plug for especially fo u fellas with the GS-15R wich likes to run on a higer nitro content and a higer nitro content wants a colder plug

i have raced with this plug for a long time now and have had great results

and if u still dont belive me

on the back of the pack it says\

A5 glow plug models to suite
with higer nitro fule, to reduce overheating
1/10 GP touring racing
eninge types 21,15,12

relevant to us

go try one and tell me what u think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.