Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
whats up guy, thus anybody knows where can i get(buy) a GT conversion kit for my Xray buggy.

thank you................
There is no "GT conversion kit" for the Xray buggy. There are a couple of guys that have converted an Xray buggy to GT. Maybe they can chime in and get you a list of parts or instructions on what they did to convert their buggies.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Clete Landefeld;10768946]
Originally Posted by Grenade10

HA! True but I am going to see Cousin Gus and the Utah Gang this weekend...
thats going to be about 13 hours... I would like to attend another BIG race this summer... Maybe in CA... we'll see.
Utah / Lincoln is pretty much a toss up for me (400 miles of Wyoming is about the same as 400 miles of Nebrasks, but there are a few more towns. Did not know that "Gus" and the crew had something in the works.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Grenade10;10770119]
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld

Utah / Lincoln is pretty much a toss up for me (400 miles of Wyoming is about the same as 400 miles of Nebrasks, but there are a few more towns. Did not know that "Gus" and the crew had something in the works.
Gus has a club race for this weekend and I have to go to a wedding and WSB race... Sooo.. I packed the RC gear too..
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Short track racing in Utah. Clete will leave with a few donuts and smiles to take home.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Short track racing in Utah. Clete will leave with a few donuts and smiles to take home.
That sounds like some fun. Put a donut on his hood from me! .........
Old 05-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
That sounds like some fun. Put a donut on his hood from me! .........
DONT FEED THE ANIMALS!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got you covered , Mark, but you're 14th on the list. We won't feed him Ryan. We'll just tease him a bit.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well got to run my antique ofna gtp today tons better than what it was ended up with dm1 shocks front and rear 1k in rear shocks red springs 3k in the front with white springs 30k 5k in the difs wow no more wallow wagon but is just a touch loose in the rear on new tires probably should of made a rear roll center change but had three cars to work on
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

We only raced one heat race before the rain cut us short, but Cousin Clete was right in the mix. He finished 3rd in class and had a 20 lap run for his first time on this tight track. Nicely done , Cuz. We had 10 of our racers not there because of the holiday weekend , but we still managed 16 GTs for the race.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

We only raced one heat race before the rain cut us short, but Cousin Clete was right in the mix. He finished 3rd in class and had a 20 lap run for his first time on this tight track. Nicely done , Cuz. We had 10 of our racers not there because of the holiday weekend , but we still managed 16 GTs for the race.
WOW!
What a great time and a great group of racers! It was good to see Ted and meet all the other guys.
Gus and his wife run a fun event! and a pretty good turn out even for a holiday! the F1 group there is solid and I really wanted to see them go.. The rain made the day way to short and the track was on the short side but a Blast.. very technical but flowed..
Paul picked me up in the am from the RV resort; both of us hoping the rain would hold off...
The weather was really cold for SLC... odd
and all I had for tires was some Sweep 50's and yes they worked but it was really hard to keep the heat in them..
Craig and Gus's cars were dialed!.... Craig was on rails... found out the turd was testing a oneway .. Craig's car had a ton of R&D on it and it was really cool to hear his ideas and see the applications... too bad he had a clutch issue

**I am not sure who came in second but he was fast and I nothing for him.....

I am going to try Craig's shock set up and see if I can find the sweet spot...
Thanks to all who came out... Thanks to Paul and Gus for the laughs and warm welcome home... I will be back Bitches, and we will finish what we started!

Until Next time!~ Cheers!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

The 'secret service' crew weren't able to keep Clete from seeing some of Craig's 'secret tweeeeeeks'. (T-Hawk that will be the new twinkle in Clete's eye when he gets back up there!)
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll make sure and impound his car before the race
Old 05-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anthony finished second in that race, and he will be at the Timezone race. Watch out. Craig is always fast and innovative. Maybe we can convince him to come out too. Lot's of fun and good to see Clete again. Looking forward to our next encounter in Washington.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm trying to figure out what clutch springs to use.

The choices are .90 , 1.0 , and 1.1mm.

The clutch shoes are Teflon and its going on a Picco P9R.

The current spings I have now are .85mm. It seems to want to engage a bit sooner because at idle the car would constantly nudge forward. Would the .90mm take care of that problem? Should it to be much stiffer than that so that it engages at a much higher RPM? I'm running on a medium sized parking lot track with about a 120ft straight.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I'm trying to figure out what clutch springs to use.

The choices are .90 , 1.0 , and 1.1mm.

The clutch shoes are Teflon and its going on a Picco P9R.

The current spings I have now are .85mm. It seems to want to engage a bit sooner because at idle the car would constantly nudge forward. Would the .90mm take care of that problem? Should it to be much stiffer than that so that it engages at a much higher RPM? I'm running on a medium sized parking lot track with about a 120ft straight.
Start with 1.0... theses seem to be the choice of most.... 1.1 seemed to eat my clutch shoes quicker...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.