Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
In the time between taking motor outta my DM1, stripping it down, re-assembling and fitting a new flywheel clutch, I didn't notice the difference in diameter of old to new flywheel:38 to 34 mm.

Became obvious when I couldn't get a bump start happening.

Question is, should I use this light weight FW on a Werks 28 and grind the bump slot on chassis or go back to 38mm FW ??

Got a funny feeling that 38mm would be best but......

Help please.

Jacko
Hey Jack, just get a lowered moto mount made by OFNA.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J Lee
Hey Jack, just get a lowered moto mount made by OFNA.
So, the smaller FW is a good thing ??

BTW, couldn't find part #

Thanks John,

Jacko
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
So, the smaller FW is a good thing ??

BTW, couldn't find part #

Thanks John,

Jacko
IMHO, as long as your engine Idle fine, no reason to go with a taller FW, they came with it to clear the pull start that Stock engine have.

part # 28058

NP Jack

Last edited by J Lee; 06-26-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J Lee
IMHO, as long as your engine Idle fine, no reason to go with taller FW, they came with it to clear the pull start that Stock engine have.

part # 28058

NP Jack
Sticky rice for ever !!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

HI Guys,

I'm trying to help a freind with the body for his new Serpent Cobra. Are there any rules for cooling-fueling hole size in the window?? Ok to cut out the side and rear window??

Thanks,
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott B
HI Guys,

I'm trying to help a freind with the body for his new Serpent Cobra. Are there any rules for cooling-fueling hole size in the window?? Ok to cut out the side and rear window??

Thanks,
Scott,

The Official Rules are being created by ROAR as we speak.... Until then

try to keep the hole in the front window around 3 inches.. anly larger and I think the body turns into a parachute....
Drivers side window, fine... keep it small because it will take away from rigidity of the overall shell.
Back widow... I cut a hole in mine.. but you can take it all the way out...

AGAIN.... be mindful of where you cut holes and how big..... use nice round radius where you can... it will keep the shell stronger....Have fun!!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up RULE UPDATE

Folks,
Last night Steve Pond with ROAR took the time out of his day to give me a call and go over some of the Rules that GT8 board came up with... he has some good insight and great feedback. It seems at this point we are all on the same page. We all want to have class that is affordable and fun for the masses and encourages new interest in on- road racing, not only for the racers but for the manufactures as well.
The only real hurdle Steve mentioned was the bodies….Licensed or Non… He had some really good insight on the issue, for both sides of the fence… and we will speak to this in some further conversations soon. In short… If you are a manufacture of bodies…stay tuned…
All in all, I am stoked to see that ROAR is taking a strong interest in our class and we should have a good formula for growing a fun and affordable class very soon.
AGAIN!.. Thank you for ALL your input… to the GT8 BOARD for their passion and wiliness to work together to get the idea on paper, and to the ALL the manufactures that have created tires, bodies and chassis THANK YOU for giving us a durable and inexpensive way to have fun, race and meet new friends.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sweet! Glad to hear.

'Been following this, and other 1/8 Gt related threads. Still wondering if this class will EVER form here in California.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Sweet! Glad to hear.

'Been following this, and other 1/8 Gt related threads. Still wondering if this class will EVER form here in California.
It takes one guy... one guy who buys a car.. takes it to the track and runs it around... hands off the radio to a few on lookers......no kidding...Thank You Mike Godson!!! we are having a blast with your idea! .... Cheers!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I bought the first BMW that hit the shelves and immediately started interest in racing them. I let some racers drive it and in no time we had a small class of them. Now we have 25 plus GT8 cars racing here. Stay with it and it will grow.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sweet! Glad to hear.

It exists in electric version and there is a following of guys running electric GT8 at OC Circuit in Corona, CA. I just couldn't afford the cost of the electrics for it but they let me run nitro with them. Others have nitro as well but run electric because that is more popular. If more guys show up with nitro GT8s then other electric guys might bring their nitros to run.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
It exists in electric version and there is a following of guys running electric GT8 at OC Circuit in Corona, CA. I just couldn't afford the cost of the electrics for it but they let me run nitro with them. Others have nitro as well but run electric because that is more popular. If more guys show up with nitro GT8s then other electric guys might bring their nitros to run.
Roger we are running nitro GT at AIRTRONICS G.P. HOSTED BY G.L.A.R.C.R.C. jULY 6-8 2012 if you want to join us or any of you guys
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies to my post. Yes, I was aware of the GT8 class running with CharlieB. In fact, I did put together an E car for that purpose but didn't care for its quality (Onfa), nor the tight/smaller track(s) for the 1/8th car.

Prefer to have a regular following of GT cars with Greater LA, but there is none. 2 entries so far for the GT class at the Airtronics race?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Thanks for the replies to my post. Yes, I was aware of the GT8 class running with CharlieB. In fact, I did put together an E car for that purpose but didn't care for its quality (Onfa), nor the tight/smaller track(s) for the 1/8th car.

Prefer to have a regular following of GT cars with Greater LA, but there is none. 2 entries so far for the GT class at the Airtronics race?
3 already including me...hope more coming, lets start this class at Greater LA..
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
Roger we are running nitro GT at AIRTRONICS G.P. HOSTED BY G.L.A.R.C.R.C. jULY 6-8 2012 if you want to join us or any of you guys
Thanks for the invite Henry. However, if I were to go to GLARC, I would leave the GT8 at home and spend my time on the 966. The GT8 nitro is something I put together for fun to run on unprepped parking lot tracks. Because of its durability and its low cost to run, its perfect for bashing around at the casual parking lot club race.

Charlie has the capacity to run a much larger layout in HB capable of handling 1/8 cars. The problem is that the GT8 crowd don't usually show up there. I don't know why because the weather is always nice there compared to Corona. BTW traction is also good there without tremendous tire wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.