Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meaN1
ahh...kk
Just a tip when breaking in the OSTZ engine, put a few drops of after run oil to lube the engine internals before the initial start. Also, try to heat up the engine using a hair dryer or a heat gun to about 160F to 170F. It will be easier this way and you can avoid the piston and sleeve locking up when it's at the top dead center...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Post Kyosho RRR World Class Edition For SALE

I have a Kyosho RRR World Class Edition For Sale. I am located in MD. MD is also the home of C-Whit's Hobby Shop, which is located in Clinton, MD. My email address is [email protected]
It is a 1/10 scale.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If I remember it right, the OSTZ engine comes with a collet. I opted to use the collet that came with the clutch assembly from the kit...
any particular reason, or does it just work better this way?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meaN1
any particular reason, or does it just work better this way?
I had an issue with the collet that came with the OS engine. It was too short and the flywheel was touching the engine block and bearing. When I used the Kyosho collet, the flywheel had enough space between the engine.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

can anyone post a good setup they are currently running on there rrr wce? Im running mine with the stock setup and want it better. Mine seems to push a little offpower steering and loose on exit. I did drive a bone stock mtx4 this weekend and it was better than my rrr by almost a second per lap. I just want my rrr to have the corner speed and handling charcteristics of that mtx4. The track I ran on is fairly larger. If anyone has heard of it, it is 301 raceway
Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
can anyone post a good setup they are currently running on there rrr wce? Im running mine with the stock setup and want it better. Mine seems to push a little offpower steering and loose on exit. I did drive a bone stock mtx4 this weekend and it was better than my rrr by almost a second per lap. I just want my rrr to have the corner speed and handling charcteristics of that mtx4. The track I ran on is fairly larger. If anyone has heard of it, it is 301 raceway
Tony are you using a spool ,diff,or a oneway
most commom cure for offpower power push add a little droop to the front
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Im running a oneway. Should I go with heavier shock oil or springs
Old 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Im running a oneway. Should I go with heavier shock oil or springs
are you running the stock springs
Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would actually increase the droop front and rear. If you are pushing offpower, increasing the droop in the rear will allow more weight to transfer to the front tires under decelleration. (The chassis can raise more without the wheels trying to come off the ground). Increasing the droop in the front will do the same thing but the other way around when you are accelerating. It will allow the front to come up and thereby transfer weight to the rear giving a bit more rear traction.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

thanks guys and yes Im running the stock springs
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've looked back to page 300 trying to find someone that is in the states that sells 3 racing parts. I have had a on-line store tell me that they have ordered the parts I need but they haven't put them on their web site for me to purchase and I need the parts this week. I would like to have them for the GLC next week.

Also am I understanding this correct, the new shocks are better than the original RRR shocks?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
I've looked back to page 300 trying to find someone that is in the states that sells 3 racing parts. I have had a on-line store tell me that they have ordered the parts I need but they haven't put them on their web site for me to purchase and I need the parts this week. I would like to have them for the GLC next week.

Also am I understanding this correct, the new shocks are better than the original RRR shocks?

Thanks
What 3Racing part(s) are you looking for? (i.e. part numbers) http://www.rc-toro.com has some - but make sure you tell him to wrap your stuff in bubble wrap packaging or put it in a box.

Raceday Hobbies also has some K Factory parts for the RRR that might work for you in a pinch. A little pricey, but very good quality. http://www.racedayhobbies.com/kfactory_kyosho.html

Word is that the new shocks are better than the original.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mcsquish

Thanks
Squish the most common problem with the old shock it is very easy to pinch the bladders & then the shocks would not be very consistent since it would comtract more air
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default mail

Yo g you got an pm
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HI!What rear tires there are with 2mm off-set?codes?names?can some one help please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.