Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
anyone tried Kyoshos new 2D competition clutch? Saw it in Car Action mag, just wondering...

http://www.redrc.net/2007/01/kyosho-...racing-clutch/

It is great.... I run it with using 4 weights.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
It is great.... I run it with using 4 weights.
Scott I am also using the 2D clutch
? what type of difference are you feeling by adding 2 more weights to it Lmk
Old 05-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Scott I am also using the 2D clutch
? what type of difference are you feeling by adding 2 more weights to it Lmk
I have never tried it with only two weights. When I got it, I had Marc Cruz set it up for me and he said to use 4 weights. When I originally got it, Ron had told me how to set it up using two weights, but I never used it. By the time I was going to put it on he also had said to add the other two weights.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have never tried it with only two weights. When I got it, I had Marc Cruz set it up for me and he said to use 4 weights. When I originally got it, Ron had told me how to set it up using two weights, but I never used it. By the time I was going to put it on he also had said to add the other two weights.
Thanks Scott I guess Im going to have to try it out with 4 weights to feel the difference.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I made the rear upper link change (brought into the "IN" position), reduced the rear camber and toe and drove a completely different car at Sunday's races. It was good enough to bring in the second fastest lap of the day and the lowest average over a five minute qualifier ...it was AWESOME!!

Just a quick question on consistency in terms of lap times. I am worried that I am not as consistent as I could be and yet something tells me that surely I am not doing that badly. Look at the lap times from my second qualifier on Sunday ...is this consistent? I know it can get better (some of those 20s are high - lapped traffic!) but surely this is not THAT bad?!?!?

Old 05-30-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

I would be verrry happy with that consistancy!!!
Can you be more specific with your changes? What is the 'IN' position, and what camber and toe in were you running?
Looks excellent to me
Old 05-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you!! From the 1st day I put the RRR on the track I have battled the backend. Offpower it felt light (though it stuck well) but when I gave it a "healthy" dose of power and it slid. I adjusted my driving style but was getting smoked in the corners. Then I tried 40 shore fronts and 35 shore rears ...much better! For the 1st time I started dipping into the 19s ...but I was not happy. Because of the MUCH softer rear tyres, the handling went to s$#t after about 3 minutes ...because of the extra rear tyre well.

Then I downloaded as many team driver setups as I could and noticed that ALL of them have the rear upper link in the inner hole (of the inner mounting point) and have removed the 2mm collar. This allows the rear to roll more ...and thus more grip. Thing is, an upper link change affects camber rise ...so I reduced rear camber from 3 to 2. The toe was changed because I had set it to -3 in the hope of getting more rear grip. With the increased roll (and greater use of the springs) at the back though, I thought I could reduce the toe from -3.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Which collar do you remove? the collar between the hubs and the link screw to the hub or do you have a collar between the inner link screw next into the upper link holes? what I know there not should be a collar there. Or you cannot read it in the manual....
Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Rookie

which springs do you use? I have same problem. It where even better when i put the black springs and the black roll bar pin combinated with 350 WT silicon oil in the dampers. There where a little bit better, but Iam not really satisfied. when i use this setup the car get more grip in the back but oversteering more in the front. But i have not discovered the setup in the front so much. Havent run the car so much yet ( under 1 litre ).

i run the car with 37 deg tires all around.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Berglund
Which collar do you remove? the collar between the hubs and the link screw to the hub or do you have a collar between the inner link screw next into the upper link holes? what I know there not should be a collar there. Or you cannot read it in the manual....
Take a look at this setup sheet. It's the "Upper Arm Height" setting.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/setupsh...IC_RRR_EVO.pdf
Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Here is the Kyosho product page at Kawahara:
http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/ZAC...st.kyosho.html

Use this to translate it into English:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Take a look at this setup sheet. It's the "Upper Arm Height" setting.
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/setupsh...IC_RRR_EVO.pdf
maybe my computer playing with me but the link do not work for me...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Berglund
maybe my computer playing with me but the link do not work for me...
I tried the link just now and it works. Try http://www.kyoshoamerica.com and go to the "Setup Sheets" section. Ron Atomic's setup is listed in the RRR section. It's the Vegas setup sheet.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am using XRAY Blue springs at the rear and Yokomo silver in the front. The only reason why is because I am struggling to get a hold of the Kyosho silver and blue springs. Oilwise I am running 40 (LRP shock oil) front and rear.
The XRay springs are awesome. I would use them front and rear but they are too long for the front ....kills your ride height adjustability. For me, the stock rear gold springs and black fronts were way too hard ...the car was as loose as anything.
About the collar ....yes, the blue one. Thing is, I did lose a lot of initial turn in so I am thinking I am going to put the collars back on for at least one qualifier at the next meet...to try to get more weight to the front.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
Does anyone know where i can buy on line Kawahara products for v-one rrr ?
I'm basically interested for the K472 and the K497.Here are the pics?
I've found this site:
http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...51&bcat_id=260
I'd never bought in this store, so if you try please tell us if the store is good. I want to buy some kawahara parts too, but just a few months ahead.

I'm new to the forum and I live in Brazil, so everything we get here is very very expensive. I just want to let register that this is a very good forum and I've laern a lot from you guys
Thanks a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.