Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by antoine80
Hello again,

what oil do you use for shocks? i use the default oil that came with my kit (RRR), what is the difference in handling using thinner or hardest oil?

i change the rear differential oil from 30000 to 20000, i read the tip in the thred, now the car runs much better in the circuit i use to run

my main problem this moment is when i try to change car direction with a lot of spead, it seems like the fron side of the car doesn't "listen" very well.. and the car goes straight i tried to make the rear antiroll bar a bit hardest but it hasn't helped that much. any ideas?

antony
antoine80, post your current setup. As much detail as possible. Also give us the kind of track you're running on. Low, med, high grip? Is it a fast, slow, open or techincal? Smooth or bumpy? Is the track prepped? What kind of body are you running?

From the looks of it, having to go down to 20k in the diff, you're probably on a med traction track. A good thing to do is take notes during the free time you get at the track. Don't just burn up fuel and wear tires down. Experiment with every run or few laps. Make one change at a time. Write down what works and doesn't for your driving style. Lots of people get caught up in what others tell them to do. But sometimes that's not what works for yourself. Try different springs, droop settings, caster, camber, etc ... in due time you'll know your car better than the guys watching you. And when conditions change, you'll know what to do. Who knows, your car may already be dialed. You may just need to work on driving, because your car may push, but it shouldn't be going straight when the wheels coxed over. Try slowing down a bit, some races are won in the turns. Hopefully we can get you in complete dialation.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MIKE ELLIS
I see what your after now. You can get small bands that are made for the hair care industry. One such brand is "SCUNCI". Those products are found in super markets and womens hair care and makeup stores. A picture of this can be found on the Kyosho site under Tec Tips, Nitro.
Hope this helps, Mike
Mike, I steal those from my wife all the time. She's wondering where all the black one went. I tell her that's what she gets for leaving them around the house.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIKE ELLIS
I see what your after now. You can get small bands that are made for the hair care industry. One such brand is "SCUNCI". Those products are found in super markets and womens hair care and makeup stores. A picture of this can be found on the Kyosho site under Tec Tips, Nitro.
Hope this helps, Mike
Thank's Mike
Old 05-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

litespeed-dom and MIKE ELLIS:

Are you guys going to be at the ROAR nats next month? I'm hoping Team Kyosho International and the nationally sponsored guys can work together to dominate the event.

GO KYOSHO!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I have a slight obsticle that I can't overcome....... NO $$$ to travel . I would have loved to, since it's on West Coast this year! Living with an unemployed GF right now kinda blows.

I'm sure there will be a good contingent of RRR at Nats. And to anyone, don't be afraid to go up to the Kyosho sponsored guys to ask questions.

I'm actually going to pick Toso to win this year.... 2 National title in mod carpet sedan back to back, 3rd and 2nd in gas Nats. I think this year is his year to win the gas Nats title!

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 05-18-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:19 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
litespeed-dom and MIKE ELLIS:

Are you guys going to be at the ROAR nats next month? I'm hoping Team Kyosho International and the nationally sponsored guys can work together to dominate the event.

GO KYOSHO!
Go Josh!

Is Chris Tosolini still sponsored by Kyosho? I talked to him at the WinterNats this year... nice guy and a great driver.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Well, I have a slight obsticle that I can't overcome....... NO $$$ to travel . I would have loved to, since it's on West Coast this year! Living with an unemployed GF right now kinda blows.

I'm sure there will be a good contingent of RRR at Nats. And to anyone, don't be afraid to go up to the Kyosho sponsored guys to ask questions.

I'm actually going to pick Toso to win this year.... 2 National title in mod carpet sedan back to back, 3rd and 2nd in gas Nats. I think this year is his year to win the gas Nats title!

Dom
Unfortunately, there are always other priorities that need to take precedence over our hobby. It may be hard for some people to believe, but I just can't be blowing money left and right either. I may have a bigger budget than some, but there is a limit to how much I can spend. I would have loved to fly up to California this year and do a one-week tour of all the tracks - and time it so that I could watch and film the nats, but then I would have had to explain to someone why a family vacation didn't come first. It's too bad the timeframes don't overlap.

Just remember bro, an unemployed GF is better than no GF.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Going to Nats is not cheap, at least $1500 to get through the week.

Dom
Old 05-18-2006, 03:43 PM
jag
Tech Master

Is it really? I guess it depends upon what she looks like.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag

Hey dont have time for chit-chat....You should be slapping that chassis on your ride
Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Dude! That is so bad.

I bet Dom has got some cutie hanging off of his arm. Well worth missing the ROAR nats for. Right Dom?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Dude! That is so bad.

I bet Dom has got some cutie hanging off of his arm. Well worth missing the ROAR nats for. Right Dom?
Oh dude, now you put me on the spot!

Dom
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Dude! That is so bad.

your not a true racer, if you let a woman keep you from racing
Old 05-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Johnson
your not a true racer, if you let a woman keep you from racing
Thanks Tim! I'm going to plead the 5th on this one... just in case she comes across this thread.

Dom
Old 05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Unfortunately, there are always other priorities that need to take precedence over our hobby. It may be hard for some people to believe, but I just can't be blowing money left and right either. I may have a bigger budget than some, but there is a limit to how much I can spend. I would have loved to fly up to California this year and do a one-week tour of all the tracks - and time it so that I could watch and film the nats, but then I would have had to explain to someone why a family vacation didn't come first. It's too bad the timeframes don't overlap.

tell me about it i got 4 kids & 9 dogs + a wife thats why race

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 12-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.