Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
hi to everybody, i just got a lab c01 but haven't received it yet, so i have a couple of questions about the car, just to get ready before it gets to my hands.

do you know if i can use the the nt1 rear antiroll bars on the c01?

what battery are you using with the car? lipo or life?

have you tried the dark red shoe? how does it works?

how about using the white shock springs for a low traction track? or can i use the nt1 ones with the lab? well do they work as they were the same?

and does any of you have tried the new clutch bell? can remember de material name

and if you have any advice for the car it will be appreciate it.

by the way i got the euro version
-No you can't, the lab uses a different mounting system for the arb.
-I like using a lipo without a regulator, I do have a steering servo and a receiver which can cope with the additional voltage. Most Life batteries are too big, which doesn't allow you to lower the tank.
-The dark shoe works very well, it does need a powerful engine to work at it's best. With a low power engine the clutch has too much grip. I use a gap of 0,45 and 0,50mm of spring pre tension.
-You can use the Xray spring on the lab, the dark blue Xray springs work very well on a low traction/bumpy track.

-The new aluminum bell together with the black shoe is very good. I used it at the euro's last week and it defiantly improved the car's acceleration.
Start out with a gap of 0,40mm and 0,40mm of spring pre tension.

On the following link you can find a manual on how to build the shocks and clutch:
http://dsmotorsport.nl/DS_motorsport...Downloads.html

I also posted a build report about the Lab in this thread but you have to search for it, I can't remember the post number.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

thank you very much DS, have you tried the ergal bell with the red shoe? or you went straight to the black one?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

also how about the swapping the side belts from the nt1 with the capricorn ones? i'm a little confused about this.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

thank you very much DS, have you tried the ergal bell with the red shoe? or you went straight to the black one?
It's advised to use the black shoe with the aluminum bell, this gives the best performance and longest life for both shoe and bell.

also how about the swapping the side belts from the nt1 with the capricorn ones? i'm a little confused about this.
You can use the front and rear belts from the NT1 on the Lab, the side belt doesn't fit, the Xray one is too long.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

Some racers have asked for my set-up at the Chaplin track. Here you go!

DJ
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Chaplin August set-up.pdf (110.9 KB, 447 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New to Capricorn

Hello I recently got a capricorn and while assembling it I noticed that the front bulkhead assembly came with two left hand side upper suspension mounts. I have looked all over for the right part as well as a contact to someone who can get me the correct part and I have had no luck yet. Who can help me with this problem, I want to race this car at my last race in a couple of weeks and I really need to get this part for the car.
Thanks,
Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

I just sent you a PM. Hope it helps.

DJ
Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Hello I recently got a capricorn and while assembling it I noticed that the front bulkhead assembly came with two left hand side upper suspension mounts. I have looked all over for the right part as well as a contact to someone who can get me the correct part and I have had no luck yet. Who can help me with this problem, I want to race this car at my last race in a couple of weeks and I really need to get this part for the car.
Thanks,
Capricorn Australia at http://www.radicalrchobbies.com.au/ keeps all parts in stock.

Or you could go to:
http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn..._search=Search , http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn..._search=Search, or Email: [email protected].. if you're in Europe.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

ty guys

Last edited by pinoy69racer; 09-04-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default top deck stiffeners

Hi guys has anyone tried these top deck stiffeners as used by giorgio felici at the recent euros??
http://events.redrc.net/wp-content/g...efelicicap.jpg
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

I actually tried something different at the EC. Me and a another driver felt the car was too stiff for the track because of the bumps and off camber corners. This caused the front to understeer quite a lot while turning in.
Because of this I decided to cut the radio tray and mount a cross brace to keep the front bulkhead from collapsing.
This provided a lot of turn in and the washing out of the front end over the bumps was cured.
You can adjust the amount of flex by changing the amount of cross braces and screws holding the radio tray in place.

I also used a turnbuckle instead of the carbon or plastic brace between the two speed bulkhead and radio tray support:

Also working on some new parts:

Just came up with a nice system to mount them on the outside of the rim as well, probably will have that made next week.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Looks good

a driver at our local track made the same top deck changes to his rx8 and it made a big difference to turn in. i have a spare top deck so i might modify one also.

i like the mrx5 inspired carbon discs..
Old 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Interesting.

Interesting; but I doubt that we'll try it, our car is just awesome as it is. Are the nylon ball ends on the steering linkages a Capricorn part?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Interesting; but I doubt that we'll try it, our car is just awesome as it is. Are the nylon ball ends on the steering linkages a Capricorn part?

Kindest regards,
Lars.

If you have some high speed corners at your track (2nd gear) you should defiantly try them at the front. I had some time today to really test various aero parts and the carbon discs really made a difference. It adds steering to the front and because of this I didn't have to turn the wheel as much, which helps for the corner speed.

The white plastic pieces are a teflon based plastic, these ball ends are super smooth.
They are new parts from Capricorn and are already available, they have the same part # as the normal plastics but have a W added to the number.

Some new info:

Capricorn Spring table:

www.dsmotorsport.nl/Manuals/Springs%20table.pdf

Capricorn Clutch setup sheet:

www.dsmotorsport.nl/Manuals/blank%20set%20up%20sheet.pdf
Old 09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
If you have some high speed corners at your track (2nd gear) you should defiantly try them at the front. I had some time today to really test various aero parts and the carbon discs really made a difference. It adds steering to the front and because of this I didn't have to turn the wheel as much, which helps for the corner speed.

The white plastic pieces are a teflon based plastic, these ball ends are super smooth.
They are new parts from Capricorn and are already available, they have the same part # as the normal plastics but have a W added to the number.

Some new info:

Capricorn Spring table:

www.dsmotorsport.nl/Manuals/Springs%20table.pdf

Capricorn Clutch setup sheet:

www.dsmotorsport.nl/Manuals/blank%20set%20up%20sheet.pdf
Many thanks for all that. Your are a great source of support and information for Capricorn drivers.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.