Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default LAB - C02 - meglio del meglio!!

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Fair enough... will be heading out to Australian Nationals tomorrow to see how Capricorn RC Australia is going.

Thanks
Andrew
So much for the see how we go hey Bundy!!! If you go near the canteen today, I'll pour fuel all over your two speed the next time you race.

LAB - C02
As for us, it's been a step up in performance and while our sponsor Capricornrc Australia has been there to support us with parts and advice it's, 1 year old "out of the box" Capricorn LAB-C02 with red springs, Ti screws and a 1 year old loan engine that's off the shelf E01/WC that's lifted us into the top 10 in a large field of great drivers at the Australian Championship after qualifying.

There's nothing special about our car, no secrets, no dremel work, no modified motors, just local track knowledge and stress free knowledge that we have parts available. After 30 munutes of free pracitce sessions, 30 of rankings, 75 minutes of qualifications and some very smooth driving from my son, heads are turning in amongst the best drivers in Australia and wondering whether we've done anything special.

We changed the two speed shoe (just to be sure), we changed the clutch shoe (after 1 year) and we'll change belts and spurs, and add them to our collection of workable used spares.

Scrutiny has checked several times, CapricornRC tyres sniffed, our cars weighed and passed every time with flying colours. We're well under volume on the tank size and as I said, there's no secrets, if this car is in teh right hands, it's an "A CLASS" 1:10 model motorsport racing car, the proof is in the results.

It's a testament to the car, we're not over powered, the clutch shoe was worn and still pulled us to the finish, every time! The track is bumpy and while my son drives it smooth and clean, the overall performance and reliability of the car is outstanding, approaching unbelievable!

Again I'll say this... And many others drivers in the garages say this too... "THE CAPRICORN RC team provides the best support to their drivers world wide..." We feel like one big family spanning the globe.

So the next time you hear someone on RC-Tech complain about the price, the manual, or whether there's a missing grub screw. Take note, once built and raced, they don't complain anymore! It's all red, it's beautiful to work on, while it may have a goat for a logo, do not be mislead, it has everything a purpose built and designed WORLD CLASS MODEL RACING CAR needs and a world-wide support network that cares about us and our performance!

Special thanks to Capricorn RC and Peter at Capricorn RC Australia for an experience beyond expectation, if we crash and burn now, nothing can take the pleasure away... SPECTACULAR!

h

Capricorn LAB-C01-img_1043_1600.jpg
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
So much for the see how we go hey Bundy!!! If you go near the canteen today, I'll pour fuel all over your two speed the next time you race.

LAB - C02
As for us, it's been a step up in performance and while our sponsor Capricornrc Australia has been there to support us with parts and advice it's, 1 year old "out of the box" Capricorn LAB-C02 with red springs, Ti screws and a 1 year old loan engine that's off the shelf E01/WC that's lifted us into the top 10 in a large field of great drivers at the Australian Championship after qualifying.

There's nothing special about our car, no secrets, no dremel work, no modified motors, just local track knowledge and stress free knowledge that we have parts available. After 30 munutes of free pracitce sessions, 30 of rankings, 75 minutes of qualifications and some very smooth driving from my son, heads are turning in amongst the best drivers in Australia and wondering whether we've done anything special.

We changed the two speed shoe (just to be sure), we changed the clutch shoe (after 1 year) and we'll change belts and spurs, and add them to our collection of workable used spares.

Scrutiny has checked several times, CapricornRC tyres sniffed, our cars weighed and passed every time with flying colours. We're well under volume on the tank size and as I said, there's no secrets, if this car is in teh right hands, it's an "A CLASS" 1:10 model motorsport racing car, the proof is in the results.

It's a testament to the car, we're not over powered, the clutch shoe was worn and still pulled us to the finish, every time! The track is bumpy and while my son drives it smooth and clean, the overall performance and reliability of the car is outstanding, approaching unbelievable!

Again I'll say this... And many others drivers in the garages say this too... "THE CAPRICORN RC team provides the best support to their drivers world wide..." We feel like one big family spanning the globe.

So the next time you hear someone on RC-Tech complain about the price, the manual, or whether there's a missing grub screw. Take note, once built and raced, they don't complain anymore! It's all red, it's beautiful to work on, while it may have a goat for a logo, do not be mislead, it has everything a purpose built and designed WORLD CLASS MODEL RACING CAR needs and a world-wide support network that cares about us and our performance!

Special thanks to Capricorn RC and Peter at Capricorn RC Australia for an experience beyond expectation, if we crash and burn now, nothing can take the pleasure away... SPECTACULAR!

h

Attachment 975752
Well said and thank you for a good day today... Congrats to you and Luke on a great performance at the Nationals, every reason to be a very proud Dad.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Capricorn double at the Australian AARCMCC National IC titles Championships.

Capricorn driver Peter Jovanovic won the Australian AARCMCC National IC titles Championships yesterday from TQ position' with his Capricorn CO2. Peter was never headed and went on to win by a lap.

Peter also went on to win the 8th scale titles in similar dominant fashion.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LAB - C02

h

Attachment 975752
That's good to hear Blis,you and your sons really deserve all the fun
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default Australian National titles - 2012.

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
That's good to hear Blis,you and your sons really deserve all the fun
Thanks 30Tooth

I was pitman for Ashley Seward in 1/8th A-main, and working with my son Luke who had a rough start but drove a very tight 2nd half of the semi and made 8th in the A-main. Overall, it was some of the best close racing I've seen for a long time. Awesome event, well run and all the drivers appreciated the great facility we have and had a great time.

Here's a little video of the limited footage I have for the Capricorn community... Sorry there's no serious footage of Peter Jovanovic, the race schedule didn't allow me to shoot it, he was outstanding as usual and I've promised to get on with our racing once the event begins. So I've filled the video with footage from free practice of Luke and Kyle Hazel.

http://capricornrc.com.au/latest-video/

h
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2nd Speed centrifugal shoes-WHITE

Hey people, there is a section in our track that is a bit technical so when the 2nd engages the kick it gives to the car is so aggressive that the rear tries to come out. Would the white shoes help or would it slip to much?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey people, there is a section in our track that is a bit technical so when the 2nd engages the kick it gives to the car is so aggressive that the rear tries to come out. Would the white shoes help or would it slip to much?
Maybe you have too much space between the shoes the housing. If you limit the gap the engagement will be less aggressive. Or you can make it shipped sooner
Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Make sure you have it the correct way around (greater mass on the trailing edge of the shoe), ensure the drum is clean, and check it's tensioned symmetrically. If still too aggressive your 1st and 2nd spurs/pinion split in ratio could be made closer.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Maybe you have too much space between the shoes the housing. If you limit the gap the engagement will be less aggressive. Or you can make it shipped sooner
shall i install the grub screws in order to make the shoes closer and how do you suggest set the gap i.e. whats the least amount?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Make sure you have it the correct way around (greater mass on the trailing edge of the shoe), ensure the drum is clean, and check it's tensioned symmetrically. If still too aggressive your 1st and 2nd spurs/pinion split in ratio could be made closer.
Its installed correctly, cleaner than me most of the times and the gear ratio is the closest possible i beleive that the main issue is low grip levels.

What about the white shoes no one did ever use them?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

shall i install the grub screws in order to make the shoes closer and how do you suggest set the gap i.e. whats the least amount?
Yes, install the grub screw and gap is easy adjusted, when the 2speed housing starts to have contact with the 2speed shoes, your gap is too big. Back out the grub screws a little... The closer you are to when the 2speed shoes touches the 2speed housing, the smoother shifting will be...

Remember it will also effect the tension on the 2speed springs a little when you adjust the grub screws...
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
Yes, install the grub screw and gap is easy adjusted, when the 2speed housing starts to have contact with the 2speed shoes, your gap is too big. Back out the grub screws a little... The closer you are to when the 2speed shoes touches the 2speed housing, the smoother shifting will be...

Remember it will also effect the tension on the 2speed springs a little when you adjust the grub screws...
Least amount must be not using them
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Well if you don't have those grub screws installed then you should install them and the gap is about 0.2mm shoe to 2 speed drum.
Oh bummer,RC-Netshop already answered
Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone knows what is the difference between the new rubber belts and, the older standard and long life ones?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its installed correctly, cleaner than me most of the times and the gear ratio is the closest possible i beleive that the main issue is low grip levels.

What about the white shoes no one did ever use them?
If you don't use the grubscrews you will need to replace the shoes more often. I don't use the screws because I feel the gearbox shifts smoother and consistent without them.
I use around 3 sets of shoes a year.

Originally Posted by Nipple
Anyone knows what is the difference between the new rubber belts and, the older standard and long life ones?
The new belts are also a low-friction belt but with a much longer life compared to the original low-friction belts. They are slightly stiffer/harder though, but still a lot softer compared to the long life belts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.