Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BBQboy
Hey Guys ive got my C02, andim about to try 6 hole pistons and im just wondering what shock oil to put in them? I think in Italy they were running 2000 diff oil in the shocks.

When it comes to shock oil im a guesser, and i just run what everyone else runs so my question to you guys whats the go with shock oil ?
It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but it needs to be remembered that you use lighter shock oils for soft springs, and heavier for hard springs. A too heavy shock oil would inhibit a soft spring's action too much, and a too light oil would not offer enough check to a hard spring.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

HI guys,

I got some racers asking for a starting point at the nationals for this year. Here you go!

Remember if you want to try this on other tracks it is good for tight tracks. Also not on the set-up sheet is; If you like more steering with less stable car, use the rear camber links shorter. For more stable car use them in longer position.

If you have questions just ask or PM me.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
Old 09-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikoskar
Looks like tironi started with the new style upperdeck, pg91 but it appears his race winning car had the older style deck..... Is there to much steering sometimes in the cap?? I'm new to the cap......thanks
I ask cause i was going to cut my deck, but it seems like it may b a good idea to have both!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys what steering servo arms are you using? I have tried the Dynamite Single Arm but had to cut to clear the radio tray. I see the Capricorn has some neat aluminum ones but am wanting to get something before this weekend.

Also does anyone have a current setup for the Porter Track?

-Chris
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Looks like tironi started with the new style upperdeck, pg91 but it appears his race winning car had the older style deck..... Is there to much steering sometimes in the cap?? I'm new to the cap......thanks
I ask cause i was going to cut my deck, but it seems like it may b a good idea to have both!!
If you ask me you want the cut radiotray 99% of the time. On low traction tracks it gives the car more steering and on very high traction tracks it keeps the car from traction rolling.
During the euros we cut the radiotray even more and mounted the front with O-rings to have even more flex.

Originally Posted by austindiver
Hey guys what steering servo arms are you using? I have tried the Dynamite Single Arm but had to cut to clear the radio tray. I see the Capricorn has some neat aluminum ones but am wanting to get something before this weekend.

-Chris
3racing makes the very nice red anodized ones which perfectly fit the car. You can also use the plastic ones which come with the Xray NT1.

Don't know the track, but if you can post a picture and some info about the amount of traction and whether it's a smooth or bumpy track I can try to come up with a matching setup
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Euros setup

Hereby I would like to share the setup I used during the euros in Cassino.
The car was working really well on this super high traction track.
Jilles basically used the same setup, only he used red rear springs in the front and he ran 1,5 degrees rear toe in.

http://dsmotorsport.nl/http://dsmoto...ssino_2012.pdf

Also would like to share the setup I used at last weekend's clubrace at the Mach track. The car was exceptionally good and I set a new track record, quali record and final record.
It's a fast track with low to medium traction, we hosted this years EP worlds.

http://dsmotorsport.nl/http://dsmoto...H_BC7_2012.pdf

When I've cleaned my car I will take a picture of what I mean with the "Jilles mod"
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Fellas i know this is somewhere in the thread, but I've read 70+ pages.....question is, for you who ran the co1 how much of a improvement is the co2? Is it still worth it to get a co1 or not??
The C01 is still a good car which is faster then any non-Capricorn car if you ask me.

The C02 is a refined version of the C01, most of the geometry is the same.
The stand out features for the C02 compared to the C01 for me are:

-The new front wire bar, superb design which makes changing the anti rollbar very easy.
-The floating belt tensioner, this frees up the drivetrain quite a bit.
-Square roll centre inserts, these give you a lot of options for the roll centre.
-Rear camber adjustments, you can now change the rear camber within a couple of seconds with a 1,5mm allen driver. Makes it very easy to change the camber while you make a quick stop in the pits.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
-The new front wire bar, superb design which makes changing the anti rollbar very easy.
-Square roll centre inserts, these give you a lot of options for the roll centre.
-Rear camber adjustments, you can now change the rear camber within a couple of seconds with a 1,5mm allen driver. Makes it very easy to change the camber while you make a quick stop in the pits.
These were the changes that i would like to have on my C01 as well. Which ones are possible to mount on the C01 as well?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by austindiver

-Chris
I have been to the track, but not with my Capricorn. I can say that I think my set-up I just posted would be good for that track. I know that track requires a fast responding car with a lot of steering. If I remember correctly the track is low to medium traction. I would start with 32 front and 35 rears for shores.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The C01 is still a good car which is faster then any non-Capricorn car if you ask me.

The C02 is a refined version of the C01, most of the geometry is the same.
The stand out features for the C02 compared to the C01 for me are:

thanks for the info........you mentioned orings!!! Are those placed under the front of the upperdeck??
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
These were the changes that i would like to have on my C01 as well. Which ones are possible to mount on the C01 as well?
Well, every C01 part can be updated to C02 specifications but since the update kit isn't available any more this can get quite costly.
The easiest part to update is the new rear upper arm, these will fit the C01 bulkheads and give you the easy rear camber adjustment.
The floating belt tensioner can also be made to fit the C01, you will need the C02 LH radiotray support, the small axle and clip and the belt tensioner unit.
For the new front anti rollbar and roll centre inserts you will need all the new bulkheads and the new radiotray. This will be a pricey upgrade and personally I think it would be smarter to sell the C01 and get a new C02 kit if you want all the latest parts.

thanks for the info........you mentioned orings!!! Are those placed under the front of the upperdeck??
See the post below.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Ok, hereby the pics of what I call the "Jilles mod".
It basically is a radiotray which has more material removed at the front and the second row of screws have been replaced by a countersunk screw with an O-ring.

You can see the 3 countersunk screws with the O-rings, basically you tighten them fully and then back them out around a half a turn. I used a little loctite the first time I fastened them.

The cutouts on the front of the radiotray have been widened about 3mm per side, check the gap between the middle axle mount and the radio tray.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Chet with a crapicorn... he's going fast now... but not fast enough.... LOL
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
Chet with a crapicorn... he's going fast now... but not fast enough.... LOL
Im trying to inch my way to beast mode problem is its going to take more than just a new car
Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

chet, u gotta change your name now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.