R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #1756
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default LAB - C02 - meglio del meglio!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Fair enough... will be heading out to Australian Nationals tomorrow to see how Capricorn RC Australia is going.

Thanks
Andrew
So much for the see how we go hey Bundy!!! If you go near the canteen today, I'll pour fuel all over your two speed the next time you race.

********
LAB - C02
********
As for us, it's been a step up in performance and while our sponsor Capricornrc Australia has been there to support us with parts and advice it's, 1 year old "out of the box" Capricorn LAB-C02 with red springs, Ti screws and a 1 year old loan engine that's off the shelf E01/WC that's lifted us into the top 10 in a large field of great drivers at the Australian Championship after qualifying.

There's nothing special about our car, no secrets, no dremel work, no modified motors, just local track knowledge and stress free knowledge that we have parts available. After 30 munutes of free pracitce sessions, 30 of rankings, 75 minutes of qualifications and some very smooth driving from my son, heads are turning in amongst the best drivers in Australia and wondering whether we've done anything special.

We changed the two speed shoe (just to be sure), we changed the clutch shoe (after 1 year) and we'll change belts and spurs, and add them to our collection of workable used spares.

Scrutiny has checked several times, CapricornRC tyres sniffed, our cars weighed and passed every time with flying colours. We're well under volume on the tank size and as I said, there's no secrets, if this car is in teh right hands, it's an "A CLASS" 1:10 model motorsport racing car, the proof is in the results.

It's a testament to the car, we're not over powered, the clutch shoe was worn and still pulled us to the finish, every time! The track is bumpy and while my son drives it smooth and clean, the overall performance and reliability of the car is outstanding, approaching unbelievable!

Again I'll say this... And many others drivers in the garages say this too... "THE CAPRICORN RC team provides the best support to their drivers world wide..." We feel like one big family spanning the globe.

So the next time you hear someone on RC-Tech complain about the price, the manual, or whether there's a missing grub screw. Take note, once built and raced, they don't complain anymore! It's all red, it's beautiful to work on, while it may have a goat for a logo, do not be mislead, it has everything a purpose built and designed WORLD CLASS MODEL RACING CAR needs and a world-wide support network that cares about us and our performance!

Special thanks to Capricorn RC and Peter at Capricorn RC Australia for an experience beyond expectation, if we crash and burn now, nothing can take the pleasure away... SPECTACULAR!

h

Capricorn LAB-C01-img_1043_1600.jpg
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #1757
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
So much for the see how we go hey Bundy!!! If you go near the canteen today, I'll pour fuel all over your two speed the next time you race.

********
LAB - C02
********
As for us, it's been a step up in performance and while our sponsor Capricornrc Australia has been there to support us with parts and advice it's, 1 year old "out of the box" Capricorn LAB-C02 with red springs, Ti screws and a 1 year old loan engine that's off the shelf E01/WC that's lifted us into the top 10 in a large field of great drivers at the Australian Championship after qualifying.

There's nothing special about our car, no secrets, no dremel work, no modified motors, just local track knowledge and stress free knowledge that we have parts available. After 30 munutes of free pracitce sessions, 30 of rankings, 75 minutes of qualifications and some very smooth driving from my son, heads are turning in amongst the best drivers in Australia and wondering whether we've done anything special.

We changed the two speed shoe (just to be sure), we changed the clutch shoe (after 1 year) and we'll change belts and spurs, and add them to our collection of workable used spares.

Scrutiny has checked several times, CapricornRC tyres sniffed, our cars weighed and passed every time with flying colours. We're well under volume on the tank size and as I said, there's no secrets, if this car is in teh right hands, it's an "A CLASS" 1:10 model motorsport racing car, the proof is in the results.

It's a testament to the car, we're not over powered, the clutch shoe was worn and still pulled us to the finish, every time! The track is bumpy and while my son drives it smooth and clean, the overall performance and reliability of the car is outstanding, approaching unbelievable!

Again I'll say this... And many others drivers in the garages say this too... "THE CAPRICORN RC team provides the best support to their drivers world wide..." We feel like one big family spanning the globe.

So the next time you hear someone on RC-Tech complain about the price, the manual, or whether there's a missing grub screw. Take note, once built and raced, they don't complain anymore! It's all red, it's beautiful to work on, while it may have a goat for a logo, do not be mislead, it has everything a purpose built and designed WORLD CLASS MODEL RACING CAR needs and a world-wide support network that cares about us and our performance!

Special thanks to Capricorn RC and Peter at Capricorn RC Australia for an experience beyond expectation, if we crash and burn now, nothing can take the pleasure away... SPECTACULAR!

h

Attachment 975752
Well said and thank you for a good day today... Congrats to you and Luke on a great performance at the Nationals, every reason to be a very proud Dad.

Thanks
Andrew
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #1758
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Capricorn double at the Australian AARCMCC National IC titles Championships.

Capricorn driver Peter Jovanovic won the Australian AARCMCC National IC titles Championships yesterday from TQ position' with his Capricorn CO2. Peter was never headed and went on to win by a lap.



Peter also went on to win the 8th scale titles in similar dominant fashion.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #1759
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Posts: 3,179
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
So much for the see how we go hey Bundy!!! If you go near the canteen today, I'll pour fuel all over your two speed the next time you race.

********
LAB - C02
********
As for us, it's been a step up in performance and while our sponsor Capricornrc Australia has been there to support us with parts and advice it's, 1 year old "out of the box" Capricorn LAB-C02 with red springs, Ti screws and a 1 year old loan engine that's off the shelf E01/WC that's lifted us into the top 10 in a large field of great drivers at the Australian Championship after qualifying.

There's nothing special about our car, no secrets, no dremel work, no modified motors, just local track knowledge and stress free knowledge that we have parts available. After 30 munutes of free pracitce sessions, 30 of rankings, 75 minutes of qualifications and some very smooth driving from my son, heads are turning in amongst the best drivers in Australia and wondering whether we've done anything special.

We changed the two speed shoe (just to be sure), we changed the clutch shoe (after 1 year) and we'll change belts and spurs, and add them to our collection of workable used spares.

Scrutiny has checked several times, CapricornRC tyres sniffed, our cars weighed and passed every time with flying colours. We're well under volume on the tank size and as I said, there's no secrets, if this car is in teh right hands, it's an "A CLASS" 1:10 model motorsport racing car, the proof is in the results.

It's a testament to the car, we're not over powered, the clutch shoe was worn and still pulled us to the finish, every time! The track is bumpy and while my son drives it smooth and clean, the overall performance and reliability of the car is outstanding, approaching unbelievable!

Again I'll say this... And many others drivers in the garages say this too... "THE CAPRICORN RC team provides the best support to their drivers world wide..." We feel like one big family spanning the globe.

So the next time you hear someone on RC-Tech complain about the price, the manual, or whether there's a missing grub screw. Take note, once built and raced, they don't complain anymore! It's all red, it's beautiful to work on, while it may have a goat for a logo, do not be mislead, it has everything a purpose built and designed WORLD CLASS MODEL RACING CAR needs and a world-wide support network that cares about us and our performance!

Special thanks to Capricorn RC and Peter at Capricorn RC Australia for an experience beyond expectation, if we crash and burn now, nothing can take the pleasure away... SPECTACULAR!

h

Attachment 975752
That's good to hear Blis,you and your sons really deserve all the fun
__________________
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) https://www.facebook.com/becomeasetupguru/
30Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #1760
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default Australian National titles - 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
That's good to hear Blis,you and your sons really deserve all the fun
Thanks 30Tooth

I was pitman for Ashley Seward in 1/8th A-main, and working with my son Luke who had a rough start but drove a very tight 2nd half of the semi and made 8th in the A-main. Overall, it was some of the best close racing I've seen for a long time. Awesome event, well run and all the drivers appreciated the great facility we have and had a great time.

Here's a little video of the limited footage I have for the Capricorn community... Sorry there's no serious footage of Peter Jovanovic, the race schedule didn't allow me to shoot it, he was outstanding as usual and I've promised to get on with our racing once the event begins. So I've filled the video with footage from free practice of Luke and Kyle Hazel.

http://capricornrc.com.au/latest-video/

h
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #1761
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default 2nd Speed centrifugal shoes-WHITE

Hey people, there is a section in our track that is a bit technical so when the 2nd engages the kick it gives to the car is so aggressive that the rear tries to come out. Would the white shoes help or would it slip to much?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #1762
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey people, there is a section in our track that is a bit technical so when the 2nd engages the kick it gives to the car is so aggressive that the rear tries to come out. Would the white shoes help or would it slip to much?
Maybe you have too much space between the shoes the housing. If you limit the gap the engagement will be less aggressive. Or you can make it shipped sooner
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #1763
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Hey people, there is a section in our track that is a bit technical so when the 2nd engages the kick it gives to the car is so aggressive that the rear tries to come out. Would the white shoes help or would it slip to much?
Make sure you have it the correct way around (greater mass on the trailing edge of the shoe), ensure the drum is clean, and check it's tensioned symmetrically. If still too aggressive your 1st and 2nd spurs/pinion split in ratio could be made closer.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #1764
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Maybe you have too much space between the shoes the housing. If you limit the gap the engagement will be less aggressive. Or you can make it shipped sooner
shall i install the grub screws in order to make the shoes closer and how do you suggest set the gap i.e. whats the least amount?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #1765
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Make sure you have it the correct way around (greater mass on the trailing edge of the shoe), ensure the drum is clean, and check it's tensioned symmetrically. If still too aggressive your 1st and 2nd spurs/pinion split in ratio could be made closer.
Its installed correctly, cleaner than me most of the times and the gear ratio is the closest possible i beleive that the main issue is low grip levels.

What about the white shoes no one did ever use them?
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #1766
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
shall i install the grub screws in order to make the shoes closer and how do you suggest set the gap i.e. whats the least amount?
Yes, install the grub screw and gap is easy adjusted, when the 2speed housing starts to have contact with the 2speed shoes, your gap is too big. Back out the grub screws a little... The closer you are to when the 2speed shoes touches the 2speed housing, the smoother shifting will be...

Remember it will also effect the tension on the 2speed springs a little when you adjust the grub screws...
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1767
Tech Adept
 
RC-Netshop.dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk View Post
Yes, install the grub screw and gap is easy adjusted, when the 2speed housing starts to have contact with the 2speed shoes, your gap is too big. Back out the grub screws a little... The closer you are to when the 2speed shoes touches the 2speed housing, the smoother shifting will be...

Remember it will also effect the tension on the 2speed springs a little when you adjust the grub screws...
Least amount must be not using them
__________________
http://rc-netshop.dk/en/

Capricorn, REDS, CRC, Orcan, JP GIMAR, Ielasi Tuned, Tesla, JQ, Sanwa
RC-Netshop.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #1768
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beneath a rock down by the river. Don't have money for van
Posts: 3,179
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well if you don't have those grub screws installed then you should install them and the gap is about 0.2mm shoe to 2 speed drum.
Oh bummer,RC-Netshop already answered
__________________
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) https://www.facebook.com/becomeasetupguru/
30Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #1769
Tech Elite
 
Nipple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kallang Airport
Posts: 2,031
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone knows what is the difference between the new rubber belts and, the older standard and long life ones?
Nipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #1770
Tech Master
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,440
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Its installed correctly, cleaner than me most of the times and the gear ratio is the closest possible i beleive that the main issue is low grip levels.

What about the white shoes no one did ever use them?
If you don't use the grubscrews you will need to replace the shoes more often. I don't use the screws because I feel the gearbox shifts smoother and consistent without them.
I use around 3 sets of shoes a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Anyone knows what is the difference between the new rubber belts and, the older standard and long life ones?
The new belts are also a low-friction belt but with a much longer life compared to the original low-friction belts. They are slightly stiffer/harder though, but still a lot softer compared to the long life belts.
__________________
P1-RC.com
DS Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my reviews. romuald31 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 35 12-02-2013 08:01 AM
New Capricorn Touring Car romuald31 Nitro On-Road 90 01-25-2010 12:58 AM
V-ONE RRR WC vs. MTX-4 rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 39 01-17-2010 01:25 PM


Tags
corn


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net