Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rcmagvintage.com/reviews/...5/IMG_4867.jpg
Ned, do the wheels and servo saver on this SG look like your car???.........i still think your car is an SG with an Associated rear end..........
Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mid july in France we had a 24 hour race with these pan cars.
14 cars on the track and nignt racing, it was a lot of fun. It sure is a lot slower and uses less tires than a 4x4. But it can be fun.
We have a national championship and there's no engine rules. Only the fuel that's used is 16% of nitro.

You can check out videos on my youtube channel, search for "chateauroux 24h 2011" or "romain100976" and you'll find my vids, one of them is night racing!!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default test drive

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Ok I hate to say this but I'm looking forward to playing with this pan car this weekend. Ned has me worried I have the wrong body mounted on it right now but I figure I will make up for any aerodynamic disadvantage with bravery!
thank's too both sr. and ii for the test drive yesterday. these cars are fun
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by romain_f
14 cars on the track and nignt racing, it was a lot of fun. It sure is a lot slower and uses less tires than a 4x4. But it can be fun.
We have a national championship and there's no engine rules. Only the fuel that's used is 16% of nitro.

You can check out videos on my youtube channel, search for "chateauroux 24h 2011" or "romain100976" and you'll find my vids, one of them is night racing!!
great video . you guys are way ahead of us in the pan car area nice too see stuff like the lights makes it fun
Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Ned, do the wheels and servo saver on this SG look like your car???.........i still think your car is an SG with an Associated rear end..........
found a pair of fronts unused on the orig. wheels should be hard enough too use.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
found a pair of fronts unused on the orig. wheels should be hard enough too use.
..you found some hockey pucks?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

very cool, absolutely dig the headlights..........
http://www.youtube.com/user/romain10.../1/ml8gOa0pxOA
Old 08-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

very cool, absolutely dig the headlights..........
http://www.youtube.com/user/romain10.../1/ml8gOa0pxOA
we need too do some fun stuff like that, always seems too be more,better,faster
Old 08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did Lon's car(s) use the front tires I sent him? If yes, were the car(s) driving better?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Mystery Pan Car

Matt,
Close but not quite! The wheels on my car appear to have wider spokes and the spring on the servo saver is on the bottom. Could be flipped but I don't think so... I'll try to post some pix soon, so we can figure this one out!!

Ran the other A-300BD after you guys left Sunday and it ran great! (Until the servo tape holding the steering servo on let go Seemed to have decent speed and handling. I'll bring it again Sunday and try to get more laps in on it but I will pe limited by the front tires, only have the one pair that iwill fit--shows promise tho!

Later'
Ned
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Default 24 Hour Race Comments

My thanks also for the info and youtube! Great video and neat type of racing! I definately agree with Joe and the others that different can reallly be alot of fun!!! I'm in for a "night" race with lights for sure. Would like to use vintage 917's or similar (really want an Ford GT or Daytona Coupe)

We ran an enduro one year on Memorial Day Weekend but only a few hours, not 24!!

Ned
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Matt,
Close but not quite! The wheels on my car appear to have wider spokes and the spring on the servo saver is on the bottom. Could be flipped but I don't think so... I'll try to post some pix soon, so we can figure this one out!!

Ran the other A-300BD after you guys left Sunday and it ran great! (Until the servo tape holding the steering servo on let go Seemed to have decent speed and handling. I'll bring it again Sunday and try to get more laps in on it but I will pe limited by the front tires, only have the one pair that iwill fit--shows promise tho!

Later'
Ned
Ned, i have some fronts mounted if you need to use them......i believe they are about 32-35 shore (probably too soft) but will keep you going.............
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by garen
Did Lon's car(s) use the front tires I sent him? If yes, were the car(s) driving better?
My dad handed me a set to try but I never put them on since I had servo issues. I'm not sure if he ran them on either of the other cars though. What size do you cut the tires down to?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Fronts

Ned, i have some fronts mounted if you need to use them......i believe they are about 32-35 shore (probably too soft) but will keep you going.............
Thanks Matt! I don't know how long the car will run or how fast the tires will wear, but the fronts look like the short straw. Does Rick or anybody make a conversion that uses modern tires on the 300 front end?

Ned
Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No need to cut the tires down unless you are concerned about chunking. If anything, round the edges, front and rear. Based on what he told me the car was doing at the previous race, I hope he did try them out as they should make the car drive super smooth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.