R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #541
Tech Master

http://www.rcmagvintage.com/reviews/...5/IMG_4867.jpg
Ned, do the wheels and servo saver on this SG look like your car???.........i still think your car is an SG with an Associated rear end..........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #542
Tech Apprentice

Mid july in France we had a 24 hour race with these pan cars.
14 cars on the track and nignt racing, it was a lot of fun. It sure is a lot slower and uses less tires than a 4x4. But it can be fun.
We have a national championship and there's no engine rules. Only the fuel that's used is 16% of nitro.

You can check out videos on my youtube channel, search for "chateauroux 24h 2011" or "romain100976" and you'll find my vids, one of them is night racing!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #543
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
Ok I hate to say this but I'm looking forward to playing with this pan car this weekend. Ned has me worried I have the wrong body mounted on it right now but I figure I will make up for any aerodynamic disadvantage with bravery!
thank's too both sr. and ii for the test drive yesterday. these cars are fun
5italkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #544
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_f View Post
14 cars on the track and nignt racing, it was a lot of fun. It sure is a lot slower and uses less tires than a 4x4. But it can be fun.
We have a national championship and there's no engine rules. Only the fuel that's used is 16% of nitro.

You can check out videos on my youtube channel, search for "chateauroux 24h 2011" or "romain100976" and you'll find my vids, one of them is night racing!!
great video . you guys are way ahead of us in the pan car area nice too see stuff like the lights makes it fun
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #545
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
Ned, do the wheels and servo saver on this SG look like your car???.........i still think your car is an SG with an Associated rear end..........
found a pair of fronts unused on the orig. wheels should be hard enough too use.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #546
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5italkart View Post
found a pair of fronts unused on the orig. wheels should be hard enough too use.
..you found some hockey pucks?
Old 08-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #547
Tech Master

Quote:

very cool, absolutely dig the headlights..........
http://www.youtube.com/user/romain10.../1/ml8gOa0pxOA
Old 08-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #548
Tech Addict

Quote:
very cool, absolutely dig the headlights..........
http://www.youtube.com/user/romain10.../1/ml8gOa0pxOA
we need too do some fun stuff like that, always seems too be more,better,faster
Old 08-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #549
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did Lon's car(s) use the front tires I sent him? If yes, were the car(s) driving better?

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Mystery Pan Car

Quote:
Matt,
Close but not quite! The wheels on my car appear to have wider spokes and the spring on the servo saver is on the bottom. Could be flipped but I don't think so... I'll try to post some pix soon, so we can figure this one out!!

Ran the other A-300BD after you guys left Sunday and it ran great! (Until the servo tape holding the steering servo on let go Seemed to have decent speed and handling. I'll bring it again Sunday and try to get more laps in on it but I will pe limited by the front tires, only have the one pair that iwill fit--shows promise tho!

Later'
Ned
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #551
Tech Master

Default 24 Hour Race Comments

Quote:

My thanks also for the info and youtube! Great video and neat type of racing! I definately agree with Joe and the others that different can reallly be alot of fun!!! I'm in for a "night" race with lights for sure. Would like to use vintage 917's or similar (really want an Ford GT or Daytona Coupe)

We ran an enduro one year on Memorial Day Weekend but only a few hours, not 24!!

Ned
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #552
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Matt,
Close but not quite! The wheels on my car appear to have wider spokes and the spring on the servo saver is on the bottom. Could be flipped but I don't think so... I'll try to post some pix soon, so we can figure this one out!!

Ran the other A-300BD after you guys left Sunday and it ran great! (Until the servo tape holding the steering servo on let go Seemed to have decent speed and handling. I'll bring it again Sunday and try to get more laps in on it but I will pe limited by the front tires, only have the one pair that iwill fit--shows promise tho!

Later'
Ned
Ned, i have some fronts mounted if you need to use them......i believe they are about 32-35 shore (probably too soft) but will keep you going.............
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #553
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Did Lon's car(s) use the front tires I sent him? If yes, were the car(s) driving better?
My dad handed me a set to try but I never put them on since I had servo issues. I'm not sure if he ran them on either of the other cars though. What size do you cut the tires down to?
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #554
Tech Master

Default Fronts

Quote:
Ned, i have some fronts mounted if you need to use them......i believe they are about 32-35 shore (probably too soft) but will keep you going.............
Thanks Matt! I don't know how long the car will run or how fast the tires will wear, but the fronts look like the short straw. Does Rick or anybody make a conversion that uses modern tires on the 300 front end?

Ned
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #555
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No need to cut the tires down unless you are concerned about chunking. If anything, round the edges, front and rear. Based on what he told me the car was doing at the previous race, I hope he did try them out as they should make the car drive super smooth.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store
garen is offline   Reply With Quote