Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Actually I've got a dynamic kicking around somewhere - traded a guy a 300 for it in the early 80's
more atempt at the "scale look" back then kinda cool
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 5italkart
There were rules , that have been abdicated years ago by our spineless leaders , that required bodies to be replicas of the real thing within a percentage, the air-dam rule that used to be in the ROAR rules was written because I showed up at a St Louis Midwest race with slot car type air dams stapled to the sides of my TI-22 - think roy Moody was writing the rule in the car on the way home.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Well if we are going to have our own class this weekend I will through on the fast body and set the car on kill. So make up my mind would ya?
......Lon.i made up yur mind..turn the dial to KILL.ill set mine to CRASH
Old 07-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Joe I don't know how much my dad plans on running a pan car but in total there are three in our camp. We have two younger racers we are trying to work into the program and if I can keep up with running two cars I might run the pan car the rest of this year for fun. I wouldn't mess with the 4wd car. It only adds cost and its still going to bounce all over the place.
agreed......Joe, if you want to see what a 4wd pan is like, put struts on your Serpent and go run??.i want to see it......................still have front/rear split issues with a 4wd pan, at which point you might as well run a suspension 4WD...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There were rules , that have been abdicated years ago by our spineless leaders , that required bodies to be replicas of the real thing within a percentage, the air-dam rule that used to be in the ROAR rules was written because I showed up at a St Louis Midwest race with slot car type air dams stapled to the sides of my TI-22 - think roy Moody was writing the rule in the car on the way home.
That is a shame. The old bodies are beautiful.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
http://historicrc.com/ i have one of his 917s that i'm goint to eventually mount on one of my 300s
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
agreed......Joe, if you want to see what a 4wd pan is like, put struts on your Serpent and go run??.i want to see it......................still have front/rear split issues with a 4wd pan, at which point you might as well run a suspension 4WD...
the price on the 4wd is same as a suspension car so no real benfit. my 300 is ready too go , however no transponder and my new front end keeps the body up a bit. really just a test car at this point. maybe in the pan class we should try for more realism might attract more folks. my wife may come with me this week so we need too at least try too be civilised
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

the price on the 4wd is same as a suspension car so no real benfit. my 300 is ready too go , however no transponder and my new front end keeps the body up a bit. really just a test car at this point. maybe in the pan class we should try for more realism might attract more folks. my wife may come with me this week so we need too at least try too be civilised
.....i have to be civilized all week with 2 little ones at home......now no F bombs at the track.............cmon man..........
Old 07-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok I hate to say this but I'm looking forward to playing with this pan car this weekend. Ned has me worried I have the wrong body mounted on it right now but I figure I will make up for any aerodynamic disadvantage with bravery!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Ok I hate to say this but I'm looking forward to playing with this pan car this weekend. Ned has me worried I have the wrong body mounted on it right now but I figure I will make up for any aerodynamic disadvantage with bravery!
funny, we have more fun with these low tech cars. i think it's better for club racing can't wait for mine
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

funny, we have more fun with these low tech cars. i think it's better for club racing can't wait for mine
i cant wait to put you into the boards....
Old 07-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Ned. Les from Hobby Stop fame???
Yep! The one and only!!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Bodies from the past

Originally Posted by robk
Ditto!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Dynamic Suspension Car

When we started the Toledo Club,one guy actuallly raced a Dynamic Car. It needed a third channel for the transmission/clutch and you had to disengage when you spun ou! Which happened frequently as the tires were like warm hockey Pucks!! Very fragile too. Good thing the boards were not fastened down and there weren't many of them!!

My first car was a "Pan Dynamic" I think it was called a Light weight.

Ned
Old 07-31-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Rules

Well stated! I was on the body committe for years and we actually scaled the cars and did ratio/proportion stuff to check them out! I'd use the wheelbase as a starting point and scale everything back to that. As many have said, there was leadership in those days and rules were enforced to a much higher degree.

Most of the early R/C Car guys came from slot cars and i bet I heard it said a hundered times "We can't let this get to be like slot cars"!

Ned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.