Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by myclod
as far as pipes...stick with the associated, i really couldn't get any results worth spending extra money for a aftermarket pipe.
Sorry, got to disagree with you here, as far as rear-exhaust pipes go. The RD Logics is a sweet piece, well worth the money. Nice thing is that it's also a complete system.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by speedydave
Futureal, for a couple good pics of what "The Fix" does, go to page 127, 6th post down.
That actually wouldn't work for me; everybody can change the number of posts that are shown per page, so page 127 could be anywhere.

For example, I think there are 97 pages in this thread right now for me.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

Originally posted by Old Skool
Sorry, got to disagree with you here, as far as rear-exhaust pipes go. The RD Logics is a sweet piece, well worth the money. Nice thing is that it's also a complete system.
old i had a problem with that pipe...my fuel line melted cause the header is to close to the line so i got a DYNAMITE looks nice and it performes good ...did this happend to u allready or u have the K-FAC. tank?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
That actually wouldn't work for me; everybody can change the number of posts that are shown per page, so page 127 could be anywhere.

For example, I think there are 97 pages in this thread right now for me.
go to ebay and type in "the fix tc3"......if that does'nt come,go to "completed items" and do the same thing..

Email Jim reeves..he'll give you the scoop....tell him Fasthharry sent you...

btw,it works...
Old 05-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JediMaster
Was my link of any use?
I will buy the store amount, I can use a few of them, and sent you what you need
Coastal
Old 05-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

shane, i have the fix mod on my car, i will show you.....
Old 05-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by onroadmaniak
old i had a problem with that pipe...my fuel line melted cause the header is to close to the line so i got a DYNAMITE looks nice and it performes good ...did this happend to u allready or u have the K-FAC. tank?
Lol, funny you mention that! Yes, the plastic bit that the fuel line goes into was touching the header and began to melt...but my problems were solved when someone T-boned the car during practice and split the tank. Onwards to the LHS this week for a K Factory low-profile tank. Only thing is that I'll have to take a dremel to the chassis (GH) to clear the fuel pickup.

BTW, I also have a Dynamite header that I bought but never used. It looks awful long, wouldn't that affect your top-end power, unless you trimmed it almost back to the bend?
Old 05-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
The AE shaft is ok, it's just a blue copy of the original version. I have been running mine since I got the car. I tried the Hardcore shaft, too big in diameter & not trued (at least mine wasn't). The TiR stuff Schumacher imports is top notch, won't go wrong there. Stay away from anything else titanium, it's all a waste of money. After trying pillow balls, hinge pins, screw kits, axles, input shafts, ect., the only thing I would recommend is the driveshaft & input shafts. Keep in mind that the input shafts will wear under the bearing races and will eventually need to be replaced. If I bought another kit I would get:

- steering & brake bearings
- ti-turnbuckles
- graphite kit (just my personal preferance, you don't have to have it)
- "The Fix"
- dual chamber pipe
- hard hinge pins
- copper clutch springs

That's it, I don't think you really need anything else, other than your normal spares. Pick any .12 3-port ROAR legal engine (NovaRossi, Mugen, Top, JP, Sirio, Picco, OS) and you'll be competitive. Make sure you use the best electronics you can afford.
Thank You NUT.
I Ordered the HC Titanium Upper deck. and the AE aluminum blue shaft. I am a beginner to nitro. The next thing i get is either the Mx-3 or the JR RX3i. Which one would you recommend? Thanks for your help i will take a lot of this into considereation when i go and buy more parts. i think i might get the front bumper made by HC. Titanium or aluminum.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Old Skool
Lol, funny you mention that! Yes, the plastic bit that the fuel line goes into was touching the header and began to melt...but my problems were solved when someone T-boned the car during practice and split the tank. Onwards to the LHS this week for a K Factory low-profile tank. Only thing is that I'll have to take a dremel to the chassis (GH) to clear the fuel pickup.

BTW, I also have a Dynamite header that I bought but never used. It looks awful long, wouldn't that affect your top-end power, unless you trimmed it almost back to the bend?
OLD ur right but since the heater comes towars the front of thr car it makes the top speed better plus that's anoe of the things a did when i had the problem with the torque-steer.
that plus wat FASTHARRY told me to do, and the pipe i have is the
two piece pipi......i'll send u a pic later.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

hey onroad...I have a reflex for sale....radio,motor,servos,pipe..all together and runs..the motor is an HPI side exhaust Nova rossi motor....runs good......radio is a Futaba FM....all you need is aa body....
Old 05-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
hey onroad...I have a reflex for sale....radio,motor,servos,pipe..all together and runs..the motor is an HPI side exhaust Nova rossi motor....runs good......radio is a Futaba FM....all you need is aa body....
Hey fastharry,

How much for the Reflex? Send me an email if you like.

Thanks,
Puma
Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

is this what i would need to upgrade all of my turnbuckles for the ntc3? or is it missing any specific turnbuckles?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by alucard13
is this what i would need to upgrade all of my turnbuckles for the ntc3? or is it missing any specific turnbuckles?
That is not for the NTC3, it is for the TC3. . .'ware the difference.

The NTC3 turnbuckles will contain one fairly short one (servo to rack), two slightly longer (rack to front wheels) and two THICK and LONG ones (rear toe links)

When you do get the turnbuckles, do yourself a favor and get new RPM Ballcups for the rear - make SURE to get the grey ones, they're made for the thicker, beefier buckles.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Keep in mind that the input shafts will wear under the bearing races and will eventually need to be replaced. If I bought another kit I would get:

- steering & brake bearings
- ti-turnbuckles
- graphite kit (just my personal preferance, you don't have to have it)
- "The Fix"
- dual chamber pipe
- hard hinge pins
- copper clutch springs

That's it, I don't think you really need anything else, other than your normal spares.
I agree with Nut on everything here but the dual chamber pipe. The original does pretty well on our short track, I would also include the RPM bumper up front. Hopefully, they will come out with a top bumper brace to replace the weak Associated one.

The only other "nice to have" but not necessary is the carbon fiber radio plate to spruce things up a bit. The NTC3 is a great car, but ugly. Ya need something on there to make it look like a racer.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by onroadmaniak
[B]hey guys wuz up?
nut where did u guys go? edison?
Onroad,
I was at Edison. We had a blast. Shame its only once a month. I checked out the car last night. My usual camber wan't enough. My tires were coned the wrong way. I couldn't tell from my 1 qualifyer. Not enough time out there to do what needed to be done. Also believe I needed to go down a tooth with my Smeltz mod x-12 to compliment the strong top end of the engine. Another problem was as fastharry pointed out to me, my front tower came loose with the rdlogics top case. Running 2 classes I totally forgot to fix it(the screw striped out). Alot going on and I was real nervous. I could have gone to a larger screw. It was a learning expirance. If anyone is planning to go next month, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.