Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by tennessee
look at you're stock pipe then look at this picture
I've got the AE dual-chamber tuned pipe for my NTC3. It's considered a 2-piece pipe, or 1-piece pipe??
Old 03-31-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello all im sopose to be ordering my first nitro ever. I want the NTC3 but i am arguing with people about the rtr's and the kits. Ive heard that the rtr's handling sucks really bad and the car isnt all that good. Im really on a budget i cannot spend 800$ for a kit, engine, electronics etc. I just dont have that money right now. I want to take it slow so i said im going with the NTC3 RTR and upgrade it with hop ups to convert it into a kit and now I am hearing that its impossible to do that so i am asking help i need it really bad i dont know what to do ive been waiting to get my car for over 3 months and now ive got a week to know what im doing I NEED YOU HELP!! What should i do? What are the differences of a kit and rtr. except the things listed on the rc10.com website and the engine and electronics??!?! i am very confused pplease help
Thank you,
Cheers
Old 03-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by drive4fun
Hello all im sopose to be ordering my first nitro ever. I want the NTC3 but i am arguing with people about the rtr's and the kits. Ive heard that the rtr's handling sucks really bad and the car isnt all that good. Im really on a budget i cannot spend 800$ for a kit, engine, electronics etc. I just dont have that money right now. I want to take it slow so i said im going with the NTC3 RTR and upgrade it with hop ups to convert it into a kit and now I am hearing that its impossible to do that so i am asking help i need it really bad i dont know what to do ive been waiting to get my car for over 3 months and now ive got a week to know what im doing I NEED YOU HELP!! What should i do? What are the differences of a kit and rtr. except the things listed on the rc10.com website and the engine and electronics??!?! i am very confused pplease help
Thank you,
Cheers
RTRs Suck, but they're good for beginners.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

BE MORE SPECIFIC AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS SIMON ROFL dont worry about simon he a lil mentally ill or sometin lol he lives near me and is threatn me not to get the rtr but i need more opinions he has proved some good points to me but i need other peoples!! thank you
Old 03-31-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

BE MORE SPECIFIC AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS SIMON ROFL dont worry about simon he a lil mentally ill or sometin lol he lives near me and is threatn me not to get the rtr but i need more opinions he has proved some good points to me but i need other peoples!! thank you
First of all PEOPLE is plural already. Second of all if you get the RTR dont bother coming near me because you will stink like an rtr butt. Kit is much better than RTR. If you don't have enough, start saving.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

The engine just runs better, with the stock Assoc. muffler or the dual chamber muffler, you've got to rev the engine to fill the muffler with exhaust before the engine will run good. With the RDLogics pipe it seems to start better, is much quieter, and has the flow to let the engnie run better. I've only run the pipe one day, with these darn MTx3's had other things on my mind.

The stock pipe is not a one piece, a one piece pipe has the header mounted to the muffler with springs rather than just a silicon tube shoved over the header and muffler.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes i know but thats not what im asking once i get my rtr and learn how to drive with it and learn the car i will change motor pipe electronics change to graphite parts prolly a new chassis etc im just asking is it possible for an rtr after changing it to a kit well first it is possible right to change the rtr to a kit will it work the same!?!? or what please help
Old 03-31-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Thank you,
Cheers
drive4fun

I don't know who gave you such misleading info but they were wrong. Here is the difference.
1. One speed transmission vs 2 speed
2. Pull start motor vs motor of your choice
3. Non threaded shocks vs thread shocks

My neighbor bought his son a rtr car for Christmas and there is not much difference. The car is nearly identical to mine with the exceptions I have listed above. I would suggest getting better tires so the car handles better. I use Sorex 28r with HPI red inserts. My first car was a rtr that is what got me into the hobby and personally you can't go wrong with a NTC3 rtr. My first car was a HPI car and it sucked. Since my first car I have now bought 6 cars they are all kits but my first rtr car got me familiar with the hobby and now I have gone nuts.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Yes i know but thats not what im asking once i get my rtr and learn how to drive with it and learn the car i will change motor pipe electronics change to graphite parts prolly a new chassis etc im just asking is it possible for an rtr after changing it to a kit well first it is possible right to change the rtr to a kit will it work the same!?!? or what please help
Learn to drive the car first you won't need to make many changes besides the fix in previous post. I haven't added a whole bunch on my car a lot of the other stuff is for looks. Like I said you can't go wrong with this car.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by simonfdr
First of all PEOPLE is plural already. Second of all if you get the RTR dont bother coming near me because you will stink like an rtr butt. Kit is much better than RTR. If you don't have enough, start saving.
What kind of response is that??? His previous post said he couldn't afford a kit. Promote the hobby don't bash it. We need more new people, more people means this hobby stays strong.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

I think that the rtr and the kit will accept the aftermarket part the same. I think that if you're on a budget, the kit is better. The best thing about getting a kit is that you'll know much more about the workings of the car after building it yourself. Also, you can pick up used (really good stuff) radio gear and engines, from the local guys at the track you race at. Ask around, the guys there know who sells crap, and who's taken care of their stuff that are for sale.

As an example, I use a M8 radio, but could never get up the 400 plus dollars that they cost, but I was able to pick up a Tx & Rx for $175, and I've had it over a year now, and never have any problems with it. Engines are a bit different, as even one bad heat cycle can cause an engine to run badly.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by theRED5
I think that the rtr and the kit will accept the aftermarket part the same. I think that if you're on a budget, the kit is better. The best thing about getting a kit is that you'll know much more about the workings of the car after building it yourself. Also, you can pick up used (really good stuff) radio gear and engines, from the local guys at the track you race at. Ask around, the guys there know who sells crap, and who's taken care of their stuff that are for sale.

As an example, I use a M8 radio, but could never get up the 400 plus dollars that they cost, but I was able to pick up a Tx & Rx for $175, and I've had it over a year now, and never have any problems with it. Engines are a bit different, as even one bad heat cycle can cause an engine to run badly.
The rtr and kit will except aftermarket parts. Its the same car except it has a motor, electronics, rims and tires. The first thing I would do is get new tires and rims.

Get http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAZU0&P=7 so you can play with different spring combos and some shock oil.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you Number 11 i appriciate it thats all i needed some positive remarks on what i am getting yes its true i am on a budget right now and no the tracks i will be going to arent made yet they build it in the summer and then the take it appart after the season. Thats what i thought but people giving me different responses but what can i do im on a budget and i dont like buying used things especialy engines... Ok so thank you again Number 11
Later
Old 03-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Yes drive do it the way you are planning. The only thing I suggest is to tear down the RTR when you get it and check all the setting and make sure you know what's in there for shock oil.

Jon
Old 03-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes thank you for all of the advice later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.