Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 09:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I think you should reread before you comment mosh. I said I'm sure the parts ARE molded overseas as it would cost too much to ship the parts all over. Also I said the difference in plastic would be due to the fact that they are molded overseas but they still are made to AE specs. Not a TT part, not made by TT. It's an AE part, made to AE specs, assembled by TT. That's it. How many parts do you think AE actually makes? How about 0. They hire companies to make all the pieces for them then they box them into kits and sell them. AE actually makes very few pieces in house.

Jon
Old 04-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Swen
Where in the world are you people getting this information? Associated makes only two parts out the same mold. One is the Factory Team Graphite and one is the standard plastic that comes with the kit. Why would they go through all the extra trouble to make yet another type for use in the RTR. That wouldn't make any sense for them financially. Think about it, it only takes common sense. In fact, if the cars are in fact assembled out of country I would guess they have someone overseas molding the parts for the RTR close to where they are being assembled. That would be the only difference in the molding procedure. The specs for the material would still be the same and they would still come from Associated. Why stamp out two versions of the same chassis when it's going on the same car? The more streamlined their parts supply can be the better they will do with things. They don't want to have to keep two different parts in their warehouse when all they would need is one to do the same job. Above all else AE is in this to make money and this is the things they do. The Team car and the RTR are the same other than the things GP40X listed. It just doesn't make financial sense for AE to do it any other way.

Jon
Amen brother amen.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

AE is actually a fairly small company, in and of itself. So is Novak. So is Losi (well, actually so WAS Losi before it got bought by Horizon. . .)

A huge amount of companies (including the likes of HPI and Yokomo) outsource their moldings and, in some cases, their assembly. They find a company (HPI uses CEN, AE is using TT, etc.) that will manufacture to their specifications and to their quality control. Not a big deal.

As far as the chassis goes, I bought the kit and I'm planning on purchasing a new chassis anyway - in fact a large number of us on this thread have done so already, even though we bought the kit. . .so why not start a newbie out with a cheap alternative - let him bash it and bend it and then he can purchase a good one AFTER he's gotten that out of his system!

My bud just bought an RTR - at my recommendation. He is on a tight budget. He's raced electric but he sold everything a while ago and now wants to get back into it. The RTR lets him get the car, radio, etc. at a very good price and he can upgrade pieces and radio as he can. I will be working with him to make the braces, to upgrade the servo-saver spring, yada yada yada. He won't be racing it for a while, but likely will ramp up to there eventually.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

here is my first body i have ever painted dont laugh
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture-7.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Another
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture-8.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

and one more
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture-11.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

they're so small!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

sorry my web cam is screwed up and my mom hates me so i cannot use her digi cam
Old 04-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

The thing with the flexier materials is definitly true it says so in rcca, the reason the part number is the same is because theyre the same parts but the rtr is made of a cheaper material and you cant buy replacement parts in that material, you have to replace them with the regular team parts.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Regional Moderator

AERacer- did you just say that it has to be true because it says so in Car Action?

Ok now then, sorry about that, how long have you been a racer? I myself haven't touched an RTR but I would care to bet that if the RTR kit is more flexible than a team kit without the graphite on it it's only by a fraction. And the difference would only be because of a different mixture of the molding material. This also would not be designed that way it would just happen because of different companies making the pieces overseas for AE. Like a mistake in the mixture. Does that make more sense?
Old 04-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

sorry to but in, but i kow losi uses a softer blend on the parts for their rtr kits.....it makes it harder to break parts.....it would not suprise me if assc. did the same...
Old 04-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Yes I would say that makes sense but then wouldn't they market that as well?

Jon
Old 04-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

The nice thing about any slightly more flexible material is that it will be more forgiving - and for a new nitro driver that would be a GOOD thing, don't ya think?
Old 04-01-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New Bevel and Ring Gear.

Does anyone know where I can get the new Bevel and Ring gear out of the new material? What is the part number?

Thanks,
Martin.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok lol damn i brang a lot of peoples with that question just one more what is the speed of the rtr? My friend was going to get the new 4-tec with the 2.5 engine now he said he wants a NTC3 now i have to figure out a way to burn a ntc3 rtr with a ntc3 rtr any comments and suggestions please? i know 2 speed wont have enough money for a new engine maybe some parts or a pipe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.