Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Whats the difference between the regular and turbo RD Logics pipe?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:18 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you Simon
Old 04-03-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by MR Spyder
Is the K-Factory graphite side brace compatible with the NTC3's stock fuel tank??

I'd been adviced to get it as it protects the fuel tank.. but I'm not sure if I have to get both the K-Factory fuel tank & graphote side brace, or just the side brace alone...
I have it on mine..its fine....if you look back,I posted a picture of how I put a little roll pin in a angled hole I drilled right next to the wire on the chassis brace...what that does is prevent the wire from moving backwards (towards teh rear of the car)...so when the pipe gets hit,the wire cant move,the tank stays in position,and the gas tank don't get whacked...

I just added the brace cause it looks good
Old 04-03-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dvargas
Does anyone know were to get the 2 speed tranny for the NTC 3 RTR?? and how much it costs??

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMH6&P=7

how about a local hobby shop(or the same place you got the RTR?)
Old 04-03-2003, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cutting maninfold

Hi
I read last year that is a good idea (for more torque) to cut the maninfold a bit for the rear pipe model... I would like to cut it, does any of you guys know how much to cut it? a pic would be nice... I tryed to browse back but I just couldn't find it.
Thanks
J
Old 04-03-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by simonfdr
Also does anybody have the K-Factory Fuel Tank? If you do, what difference does it make. What will it affect, and how will it affect me?
I have it and am installing it this weekend. It's shorter and longer then the stock tank so it will carry the fuel weight lower. The tank is beautifully and solidly made and design to flow the fuel to the lowest possible point in the tank. I believe you have to modify the stock chassis to work (a minor dremel operation) with it but the K Factory chassis will work without modification.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Cutting maninfold

Originally posted by JLMG1971
Hi
I read last year that is a good idea (for more torque) to cut the maninfold a bit for the rear pipe model... I would like to cut it, does any of you guys know how much to cut it? a pic would be nice... I tryed to browse back but I just couldn't find it.
Thanks
J
I cut 1/4" off of mine and noticed a difference.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by simonfdr
...does anybody have the K-Factory Fuel Tank? If you do, what difference does it make. What will it affect, and how will it affect me?
I'm running it in my car. It is a nice tank. A little pricey. I am one of the unfortunate few that has had tank problems from day one. 3 different engines that all run fine in my GT4 had trouble in my NTC3. The K-Factory tank did help with tuning and consistency. Runs to the last drop now without any problems.

HauntedMyst - I did not have to do any chassis mods to make it fit. Should just bolt right on there.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

JLMG1971,
Here's a photo for you, start at 1/4", then try up to 1/2". This really does help top end.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-mods-004.jpg  
Old 04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by theRED5
Kool> try EliteHobbies.com, I got my new gears from them, adn they have fast friendly service.

I ran the new KFactory tank, didn't really feel much of a difference to the handling. the tank was exactly 75cc's that helped at the WinterNats, where they were measuring fuel capacity. The Assoc tank is 79cc without the plug, and about 76cc with the plug, we had to add fuel line IN the tank to make the legal 75cc max fuel cap. The Kfac tank is too brittle, I was barely moving and slid sideways into a wall, and the tank broke. Save your money for somethnig else. Its not a good deal.

The oneway allows the car to enter the corner faster, by freewheeling into the corner.
Just correct that the site is www.elitehobbyshop.com
Old 04-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

How long should the line be from the tank to the exhaust?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

whats it say in your manual,mines not handy..
Old 04-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

rear exhaust engines usually make more power, but are only available without a pull-start, so if you have or plan to buy a starter box, rear exhaust is the way to go.

side exhaust engines are generally cheaper, and you can get them with a pull-start, which would be cheaper since you wouldn't have to buy a starter box.

so the rear exhaust would cost you more initially, but may save you money in the long run since you would not have to buy 2 different setups.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL i wasnt paying attention and i replied to a question on the first page of posts
Old 04-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

My baby
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-angled.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.