Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

pages 6 - 10
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page6.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page7.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page8.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page9.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page10.jpg  

Old 09-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

pages 11 & 12
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page11.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-page12.jpg  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Sorry ProE, I posted between your instructions.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks proe
Old 09-03-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Amazing deal.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Amazing deal.
Ya, I don't think the guy really knew what he had. His listing just said R40 but the description on the auction is for the Hara 05. New in box too.

AI, do you know if the HPI SC.12 XS is the one made by STS? I need a piston for one and was having a hard time finding it.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I must say that Im impressed by this car. I t wasnt my first choice, by I love it! It goes together very well, I specially like the Al. shocks, easiest shocks I ever bled.

By the way, I figured how to mount a AAA hump pack with very little work. I put whashers under the mounting points of the bat. box, and also had to grind a little bit away from the inside of the bat. box cover. IT fits like it ws factory made.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I must say that Im impressed by this car. I t wasnt my first choice, by I love it! It goes together very well, I specially like the Al. shocks, easiest shocks I ever bled.

By the way, I figured how to mount a AAA hump pack with very little work. I put whashers under the mounting points of the bat. box, and also had to grind a little bit away from the inside of the bat. box cover. IT fits like it ws factory made.

glad you like it..

just wanted to say thanks to craig H and nitro dude..these gentlemen bought the 2 r40 cars I had......it was actually the first time I've ever sold any kits..and they were great throughout....

to all those who jerked my chain?....you missed out on a good deal...

stay tuned here....I'm rebuilding my r40..with a few mods.....getting it ready for the unofficial HPI challenge in Oct in South jersey...

everyone is invited to race.....

check out the steering....(see those yellow bearings?)

Last edited by fastharry™; 09-04-2006 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hpi xs .12

the hpi xs .12 is made by novarossi, I have 2 and i like it. Broke the shaft of one and had no prob looking for replacement
Old 09-04-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

fastharry,

That is ALOT of alimunium parts on your car. I also had alot of those on my car, untill I weight them on a scale and compared it to the original plastic parts. They added almost 30g to my car. Now I only add aliminium to my car if the plastic parts keep on braking. I only add CF parts as upgrades. I've saved close to 80g on my car by doing this.(side brace, steering plate, front bumper plate,etc...)

Have you thought about replacing that battery with a Lipo battery. Could make the car even lighter.

I like the brake disk that you've got on your car. Where did you buy that?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Fastharry,

I'm looking at you photo again. How do you connect your brake lever to the shaft going to your servo?
Old 09-04-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProE
fastharry,

That is ALOT of alimunium parts on your car. I also had alot of those on my car, untill I weight them on a scale and compared it to the original plastic parts. They added almost 30g to my car. Now I only add aliminium to my car if the plastic parts keep on braking. I only add CF parts as upgrades. I've saved close to 80g on my car by doing this.(side brace, steering plate, front bumper plate,etc...)

Have you thought about replacing that battery with a Lipo battery. Could make the car even lighter.

I like the brake disk that you've got on your car. Where did you buy that?

the brake disc is the machined disc HPI sold in japan...

btw,before I started this rebiuild,the car weighed 1640 grams,without a body.......its going to be lighter when I am done,.....(I hope.. )

the brake arm has a 2-56 ball on it..and I use a cup on the ened of the rod..........WAY more positive brake action....

Last edited by fastharry™; 09-04-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Ya, I don't think the guy really knew what he had. His listing just said R40 but the description on the auction is for the Hara 05. New in box too.

AI, do you know if the HPI SC.12 XS is the one made by STS? I need a piston for one and was having a hard time finding it.
Hmmm , there is the 12R XS and the 12R SC. The XS models are by STS , the others im not sure. Im not sure if it will fit the p/s....but I have a feeling it probably will. Otherwise I can give you a killer deal on a d3r or even the d3r A.I modified. I wouldnt mind some of the r40 guys giving a review on this vs their previous motors and such.

Also FH , cars looking beefy. I see you got those hpi middle mounts too now. That car is going to be solid. I forget what my r40 hara ended up weighing , but even though its got a heavier super chassis vs the 2004 it definitely dropped some weight.

I was looking over the HARA addendums and those with the HARA builds going on the instructions show the AAA flipped with the 2 cells on bottom , 3 on top. I did mine the opposite. Allthough this brings it real close to the belt. I had no problems during the race and this puts the weight lower , should help handling some. I just simply used shoe goo to secure it to the chassis.

The 3racing CF plate is built slightly different than the stock. I like how its setup and it does indeed loose some weight. Same goes for the CF brake plates from gpm , cf side plate , cf lower suspension mounts front. Also if you look hard enough you can find the LW HPI flex type cf plate. I havent used mine yet but im wondering how much lighter it is and what the term FLEX type does to the handling. Im thinking in lower grip situations this might be a key in tuning. Ill be trying it soon.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

its getting there.....and yes...to the uninitiated, its a HARA conversion

Old 09-04-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried a different material for their brake pads? Im thinking of something in the line of teflon or something. Something that is more durable than the standard ones and that doesnt fade away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.