Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo
Hello people...I just bought the V-ONE R cooling fan for my car ($29 at my LHS). Going to put it on and see how it looks...pics to follow...
Sorry adelmundo, I wont consider this hop up as this will seize some of the power from your engine. If you have good air flow from outside body shell into inside body shell, you really dont need this thing. If you do not have good air flow from outside of the body shell, you are just circulating warm/hot air inside the body shell.

my 2 cents.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Novarossi

Opel, It really depends on the track, Is it a fairly large fast track?

I only ever use swaybars when I want my car to handle 'flatter'. For example, when going through a s-bend, pay particular attention on how flat you car takes it.

I've seen the Kyosho ARB, these things are huge compared to the Mugen ones
the track has a mixture of reasonably fast (about 40m straight) and some tight twisty bits (switchbacks and things of the like). It is also a mixture of smooth and off camber bumpy surfaces.....
Old 11-21-2001, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Another piont that i found very interesting was that the kyosho rubber setup sheet seemed to work very well, yet the foam setup not as well....... any thoughts? I was thinking that the heat may be starting to play a part in the deterioration of the traction of the foams...
Old 11-21-2001, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by opel92
Another piont that i found very interesting was that the kyosho rubber setup sheet seemed to work very well, yet the foam setup not as well....... any thoughts? I was thinking that the heat may be starting to play a part in the deterioration of the traction of the foams...
The setup with foams is meant for more aggressive driving?
BTW, what's the temp down under at this time of the year?
Old 11-21-2001, 10:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

What do you guys think of the combination of the kawahara diff in rear with kyosho lsd in front?
Old 11-22-2001, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore

Sorry adelmundo, I wont consider this hop up as this will seize some of the power from your engine. If you have good air flow from outside body shell into inside body shell, you really dont need this thing. If you do not have good air flow from outside of the body shell, you are just circulating warm/hot air inside the body shell.

my 2 cents.
Thanks manticore for your opinion. Actually I know the unit will seize a little power from the car since it attaches to the crank, and will a little weight to the rotating mass of the crank., but I notice that maybe with a little modification, kind of interesting just looking at it, iof I can make a forced air induction system for it, since it butts right next to the carb opening. Maybe have it act like a supercharger LOL. Here is a pic of it...:

Another View:

Old 11-22-2001, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Roll bars

Hey I just got the K factory handshake type front rollbar. It a nice bit ok kit. It seems to work a lot better than the kyosho one. doesn't add to the spring rate. I'll give it a wurl in a day or so...
Old 11-22-2001, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Roll bars

Originally posted by sparksy
Hey I just got the K factory handshake type front rollbar. It a nice bit ok kit. It seems to work a lot better than the kyosho one. doesn't add to the spring rate. I'll give it a wurl in a day or so...
Hey I thought you were keeping this car stock!!! Are there any Kyosho parts left? Can I have them for spares
Old 11-22-2001, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Roll bars

Originally posted by sparksy
is this k factory front rollbar is tilt adjustable? from what i can see from its homepage, it is not.
Old 11-22-2001, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

What do you mean "tilt adjustable" You roll the bar to adjust the stiffness. From what I can see of them they look like they are.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
What do you mean "tilt adjustable" You roll the bar to adjust the stiffness. From what I can see of them they look like they are.
the way you mentioned is adjust the stiffness.

what i mean is the balance between left to right. on the other car there is an eccentric collar so that you can make the adjustment to balance left/right.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

What car do they come on?? I have never heard of that before but it sounds cool.
Old 11-22-2001, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
What car do they come on?? I have never heard of that before but it sounds cool.
most of the 1/8 come with this. the MTX2 prospec come with this kind of sway bar. mainly most of the handshake type roll bar should have this for fine adjustment.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

The rr version is about $300 us dollars.

http://super.fureai.or.jp/%7Ehoutoku...1/index03.html
Old 11-23-2001, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kyosho
The rr version is about $300 us dollars.

http://super.fureai.or.jp/%7Ehoutoku...1/index03.html
Wow! Isn't that more expensive than the MTX pro spec...hmm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.