Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have been thinking about the rear grip issue a bit more. The guy with the good rear grip has a V One S which I think comes with dry diffs. So as Novarossi and Manticore have suggested it probably is because the rear diff is too stiff. I went with the kit suggestions and put 50% 50000 and 50% 500 in the diff and filled it totally up. It feels pretty much the same as my old HPI used to feel when it had 30000 in it so I guess it is somewhere in that range.

So the suggestion on a unprepared parking lot style track is 5000-10000 wt? Or how about even empty + some lube?

I am also wondering whether the Kyosho LSD would be too severe for low grip surfaces? Perhaps using the active diff in the rear and setting it very open would be better? That way it could be tightened back up to 30000wt when I go back to the high grip track. The standard Kyosho setup worked very nicely for me on that high grip track.
an alternate way to increase rear grip on corners is to use the lower camber link on the rear hub. this will enable less camber change on corners i.e. maximize tire contact patch.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
OK pulled open the rear diff and..... empty

I did not do the 3mm screw mod so I lost all the fluid Would having a dry rear diff lose you rear traction (it was not totally dry....)

I have noticed that the car has gone from understeer to neutral through the slower corners (due to my diff oil ejecting ) I am guessing that having a high weight in the front (50000) and being zero in the rear may be inducing off power oversteer and on power oversteer. Any thoughts??
this is due to free spin on the inner wheels on corners when you run a dry diff. use 3mm machine screws to secure the diff halves.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by White cat

What the ?????? GS makes V1R for kyosho???? It's not April fool yet. How about Associated makes XXX-S for Losi?
well trinity makes V1R and nitro TC3 !!
Old 11-19-2001, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Default K Fuel Tank

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-k-fuel-tank.jpg  
Old 11-19-2001, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: K Fuel Tank

Originally posted by Manticore
Here you go.
Looks great manticore!!
Old 11-19-2001, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

What difference does using the long shock ends and the lower bottom shock mounting hole make? I cannot work out why that is the way to go with the foam tires? It seems to stand the shocks up just marginally.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Old 11-19-2001, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

I tried the Novarossi "driving on the table test" for camber and found the with the standard Kyosho setup for foam you only get about 5 mm of contact patch on the inside rear tire under acceleration. Problem solved
Old 11-20-2001, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Guy's......... do i run the front swaybar, rear swaybar or both??? I was also thinking of the front "handshake" with the rear sway...... is this the best option? The track i race on is incredibly schizophreic in it's grip levels (as in good one day and then low grip the following).
Old 11-20-2001, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

In reference to the above track......... the inserts i am running are as follows..... Front - Medium
Rear - Medium/Soft

They are only in the kit slicks at the moment...... but they will eventually be in the Hpi 27r slicks....

Do they seem to be the right inserts or not? Or do we need to go harder or softer....
Old 11-20-2001, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by opel92
In reference to the above track......... the inserts i am running are as follows..... Front - Medium
Rear - Medium/Soft

They are only in the kit slicks at the moment...... but they will eventually be in the Hpi 27r slicks....

Do they seem to be the right inserts or not? Or do we need to go harder or softer....
Opel, It really depends on the track, Is it a fairly large fast track?

I only ever use swaybars when I want my car to handle 'flatter'. For example, when going through a s-bend, pay particular attention on how flat you car takes it.

I've seen the Kyosho ARB, these things are huge compared to the Mugen ones
Old 11-20-2001, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

but everyone knows, "bigger is better"
Old 11-20-2001, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by opel92
Guy's......... do i run the front swaybar, rear swaybar or both??? I was also thinking of the front "handshake" with the rear sway...... is this the best option? The track i race on is incredibly schizophreic in it's grip levels (as in good one day and then low grip the following).
The handshake type is better in terms of ease of adjustment... Just turn at a different angle and voila! You have a new stiffness...
The kinda stiffness you use is fairly dependent on the kind of track...but normally, if you have stiff springs up front, stiff sway bars are the way to go... Unless you are running on a high traction track, stick to soft or medium sway bars at the rear... It is affected by your droop settings too... If you have the time, play around with the settings and change them one at a time... till you are satisfied...cos the ones we have might not be suitable for you at all...
Old 11-20-2001, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Hello people...I just bought the V-ONE R cooling fan for my car ($29 at my LHS). Going to put it on and see how it looks...pics to follow...
Old 11-20-2001, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We just got some new Kawahara hop-ups for the V1R in stock. These parts are of excellent quality. Check them out on our website.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.