Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hey Novarossi

Lets get together man. I talked to MantiHardKore and he said that you have some good news.

[email protected]
Old 12-03-2001, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Any more opinions on the one way setup. I bent a rear hingpin as well Better stop crashing And also the outer ball race of one of my bearing disintegrated. Anyone had some bearing failures??
Yes the stock bearings are not that great from Kyosho. Broke all 8 bearings in the hubs (the 4 6x12's and the 4 10x15's), so I switched mine to red sealed after market bearings (by Dynamite here in the USA) and never had a problem since. I switched my hingepins to 5-Star Titanium ones and had no problems also as well (although not crashing will help hehehe).
Old 12-03-2001, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Novarossi

hey check your mail grand dad - ....oooppss sorry Moon.
Yah now we have someone to call granddaddy now...oh and since Christmas is comming up grandpa Manticore, are you going to get me some RC Goodies? You know grandfathers are very generous LOL...
Old 12-03-2001, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Hey any of you SF Bay Area guys racing at DELTA RC this Sunday? The on road races now start 11 AM Sunday...haven't played with my car since the last CASTLE race with all the rain that's been falling my driving probably suxks now due to no practice LOL.
Old 12-03-2001, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by adelmundo

Yah now we have someone to call granddaddy now...oh and since Christmas is comming up grandpa Manticore, are you going to get me some RC Goodies? You know grandfathers are very generous LOL...
Hey son, I have some pics of the candies for you already ! LOL
Old 12-03-2001, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Hey any of you SF Bay Area guys racing at DELTA RC this Sunday? The on road races now start 11 AM Sunday...haven't played with my car since the last CASTLE race with all the rain that's been falling my driving probably suxks now due to no practice LOL.

I ran 1/8 buggy this past weekend at delta.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Hey Novarossi

Originally posted by FACTION95Si
Lets get together man. I talked to MantiHardKore and he said that you have some good news.

[email protected]
You have mail
Old 12-04-2001, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

AMGRacer- I have had the same problem about 1 month ago. Replace the tank and clean out your carburator. The filter may have desintgrated due to cleaners. I have sprayed out my tank before with RC motor spray. Don't know for sure if that was the problem though. Good luck.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

I just had the worst racing I have ever had! It was night racing and the track was poorly lit in one corner. Couldn't see a thing. Anyhow I got used to the track after 2 heats and then went to run the final. I put a new set of BVX5B BEST foams (32 shore) on the rear and put the same foams that were on the rear (BVX5B 32 shore) on to the front. No other changes to the car. The car suddenly had absolutely no rear grip off power it would spin in any corner where I decelerated and it was quite loose on power as well. I checked over the car, no mechanical issues. Does anyone think these tires are the cause cause thats what I am thinking......???

Last edited by AMGRacer; 12-04-2001 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Argh I am stupid I was running 6mm/7mm ride heights. This was probably about 90% of the problem
Old 12-04-2001, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Well I would like to but the ball and chain has me doing honey-doo stuff,I did manage to go run the arena but got my arse worked over by 25 1/8th buggies
My GT couldnt keep up I do hear the weather is going to be great
Old 12-04-2001, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Argh I am stupid I was running 6mm/7mm ride heights. This was probably about 90% of the problem

DOH!!
Old 12-04-2001, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Do the shore ratings of foams refer to how much grip they are going to provide? I was using 32 shore front and rear and I have been told this is far too soft and will generate much grip...... I was recommended 40 shore front and rear.......
Old 12-04-2001, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Do the shore ratings of foams refer to how much grip they are going to provide? I was using 32 shore front and rear and I have been told this is far too soft and will generate much grip...... I was recommended 40 shore front and rear.......
All foams are measured using some type of rating.

Prolines, TRC, and others use 'Pink' 'Purple' etc etc to rate there tyres (instead of the actual shore rating to make it easier)

The higher the shore (eg 55, 50, 45, 40 etc etc) the harder the compound, so the less grip but more wear.

The lower the shore (eg 30, 35, ) the softer the compound so the more grip but higher wear.

Arrows for example

30, 35, 40 Rears
40, 45, 50 Fronts

BTW, you have mail
Old 12-05-2001, 01:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Novarossi

The higher the shore (eg 55, 50, 45, 40 etc etc) the harder the compound, so the less grip but more wear.

It should be less wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.