Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

tl2111 are you venturing north for the QLD titles or the Nationals, sound like you have a few idea's on the V One R.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer

<SNIP>
I think the 300m is not legal for sanctioned racing right?
I think the 300M might now be legal.

See . . .
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&pagenumber=11
There was also some nattering about the 300M having been accepted at one sanctioned event will set a precedent and therefore make it legal for future events. Maybe TrustMe can confirm?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
The lack of rear downforce with the use of standard rear end makes the direction changes of the car better.
What's the theory behind this InitialD?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sorry to keep everyone waiting

Still haven't finished building the car yet. Work and girlfriend have conspired to take all my time. Will try to take some pics of partially completed car tonight or tommorrow. It really stinks to have EVO and R.T.O. sitting on my table and not running.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:47 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Still have not had word from HK about the EVO kit. Waiting very impatiently.
"By Air" shipment arrived in the shops today! Unfortunately only 1 kit per shop! The much larger "by Sea" ship is supposed to be here end of July....but there is a Typhoon heading for HK right now!!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What's the theory behind this InitialD?
I think you'll find the biggest reason behind it is the change in shock angles, the VoneR rear tower allows the shocks to be stood up more .

I don't beleive it has anything to do with downforce Gav.

LS
Old 07-22-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

How did we go on the weekend, guys?

We had a good run at our home track, Dandenong. Sunday started out pretty cold, but turned out a pleasant and sunny 16º - sparksy, take note.
JordanC, who had reset the lap record at our previous meet and was convinced it would be safe last Sunday - that is, till after the first qualifier. He reset it again in the second heat to 16.37 or something . . . phew.
With all the new lap records and tumbling times lately, the computer had to be reconfigured in anticipation, to accept a sub 16 second lap - scary.
I thought traction was a bit unusual - normally it will come up as the day progresses, but on Sunday, I swear it was up by the second or third heat and declined somewhat thereafter - strange.

Anyway . . .
1st Heat: Lost the rear side belt pulley and completed about one and three quarter laps - oh, the embarrassment of it all.
2nd Heat: My driver put in a rather inconsistent run - he got caught up in all the tumbling times and wanted to “have a go”. As team manager, I normally frown on these frivolities, but what the heck. He recorded another PB of 16.75.
3rd Heat: A much more consistent run leaving him on the grid for the final in 4th or 5th. - not sure, as we had a bit of computer trouble.
Final: Finished second. Sam and the leader, Scott Iredale, both had a pretty quick and clean run with only a few minor hindrances. The unlucky ones that should have been up there were rjl (blown engine) and JordanC (flame out).

Still testing these overdrive pulleys. . . . we ran the car all day on one set of tyres (Active 35/35) and our initial 4mm split ended up at 2mm. The car was still handling well at this point.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
"By Air" shipment arrived in the shops today! Unfortunately only 1 kit per shop! The much larger "by Sea" ship is supposed to be here end of July....but there is a Typhoon heading for HK right now!!
i have my set of conversion kit kept at a very safe place waiting for me to pick up tomorrow !
Old 07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Manticore
i have my set of conversion kit kept at a very safe place waiting for me to pick up tomorrow !
Haha...that depends if the Typhoon gets to Harmony before you do!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
Haha...that depends if the Typhoon gets to Harmony before you do!!!!
hmm it does matter !! but just if I can get it sooner or later?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Help? Standard Diff Question

Can someone tell me what size and type screws I need in order to stop the standard diffs from leaking?

And also what weight oils should I be using for general purpose (I'm not a serious racer, need something all round)? I'm running standard diffs front and back, I can't really tell what viscosity the kit oil is.....

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 07-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The unlucky ones that should have been up there were rjl (blown engine) and JordanC (flame out).

And Sp racer, smashed front wheel in the warm up.....watch what happens at the next round!
Old 07-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Suspended

Default New HUGE Track!

Hi guys,
Anyone in the South Florida area needs to know about our new track, and big events coming in the month of August.

http://www.PalmBeachSoftware.com/domains/bethesda

This is just the staging server, and will be moved to our club domain in the next day or so.

Anyway, make sure you check out the track. It's big enough for 1/5 scale! 16 foot wide lanes, huge pit lane, and the track works! Plenty of "FAST" and plenty of technical mixed in.

The 1/8 scale cars were blazing doing probably 70mph down the long straight this last Sunday.

We've been working on this for quite a while, and have over $7,000 invested. 10' high drivers stand with canopy, too.

We're having a BIG TROPHY race on August 3, and you are all invited. All racers will get a free barbeque lunch with their entry fee!

Can you guys check out the site and let me know what you think? I hope some of you can make it down and run with us. We're a group of pretty cool guys that like to race and have FUN! You are all WELCOME!

Thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sp Racer
And Sp racer, smashed front wheel in the warm up.....watch what happens at the next round!
Watching your car, Sp it looked like it was steering from the rear. By that I mean when braking into the corner it looked like it was hitting the stops and jumping up and down, resulting in less rear traction.

This seemed to help the car turn in but it seemed to be inconsistant. Some times it would break loose costing you time.

I'm just curious, as it was commented that this was an off-road style of driving; if this was a desired trait.

DC
Old 07-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Have got my EVO!!!!

I Have just recieved my V one RR EVO and a evo conversion kit today and it looks cool

And I can't wait to start building!!!!!!!!!!

Damo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.