Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by finchy
Xray Vision don't sell your self short that pull start NTC3 is a F****n' weapon.
Shit yeah... it hammers.

Terry, you should wack it in pro on sunday and see if you cant woop the ass of a certain 19sec future state champ.....
Old 05-28-2003, 03:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah Terry!!!! You can DO IT !!!!

Hey wait a miniute can I have 10 seconds head start if you do.

Graeme
Old 05-28-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the compliments gents but i have to use my $1500 ntc3 to win a $5 trophy at the goat track....
Gotta say tho sparksy your the man when it comes to motors
THANKS FOR THE HELP
Old 05-28-2003, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

terry you should come out Friday night, I 've got some foams you can lend. I just love the reaction on peoples faces when that car hits second on the back straight.

Graeme
Old 05-28-2003, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xray vision
Thanks for the compliments gents but i have to use my $1500 ntc3 to win a $5 trophy at the goat track....

God... when you say it like that..... how pitifully silly are we with our toys..... NOT!!!!!

Thanks for the props.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I agree with this very much. The front end shape has a minor bearing on the handling, but my belief is the wing shape and size has a huge bearing. The position of the rear wing in relation to the rear wheels also makes a fair difference (see Crowd Pleazer for example)

The side plates for the wings I believe are intended to improve straight line stability some people are leaving them off to encourage the car to rotate quicker.
Hmmm, yeah. Some time ago, we ran a Honda Accord. I dunno the brand of body but it had a rather pathetic wing with no end plates at all. I installed a huge (rather illegal) wing and the difference in high speed traction in the sweeper was like night and day.

We had been running this Stratus 1 for quite a long time, so I feel pretty familiar with how it works, even with many suspension changes. With the new Volvo S60, I wasn't actually expecting anything to be different . . it's was just a new body to replace the well worn one, after all.

I can only guesstimate this, but I now think we had too much rear downforce on the Stratus, and there was probably increased drag as a result.
It therefore seems likely, that playing with wing settings/positions could be a half reasonable tuning parameter.

My point about the end plates was to differentiate between the integral ones that are part of most standard wings and the addition of the full plates that extend below the horizontal section of the wing.
The theory being that to discourage air flowing off the sides of the wing, those plates should really extend below the wing also, since it is not just the top surface that provides the downforce.
I dare say that some straight line stability is afforded by the end plates, but would expect that improving the efficiency of the wing is the primary motive.

But, yeah, I could see that by removing the end plates the body could still generate sufficient down force at higher speeds, but as the speed comes down, the effectivness is quickly reduced and this allows the car to rotate more easily. I dare say, that when faced with a car that is not rotating fast enough, we would typically alter suspension settings to achieve the desired result. Maybe we should really be adjusting the "Aerodynamic Aids"

I wonder if anyone ever put one of these R/C body's in a wind tunnel.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Check out these links..... very good information on RC aerodinamics......

part one

part two

part three

part four

part five

part six
Old 05-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TBR
Dont worry I will check it out this Sunday and give you a run down on what he has done I might even try and sneck a few pics of it...
Sneck pick of what Boycey I dont think you will come near my car Why would I give all my secret way to you guys for that not racing it is the best team on the day you don't see Holden racing team giving there secret to the Ford racing team.

Buy the way the handling of the is a lot better with the mods and it has made an improvement to my lap times.

Damo
Old 05-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Manticore
whre is virkid's legendary NTC3?
What are you talking about I don't race my NTC3

Damo
Old 05-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rrgt_kid
you guys are intelligent why dont you racers think of the mods your self!!!!

jeremy
We already have and shared them with everybody else.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VoneRkid
Sneck pick of what Boycey I dont think you will come near my car Why would I give all my secret way to you guys for that not racing it is the best team on the day you don't see Holden racing team giving there secret to the Ford racing team.

Buy the way the handling of the is a lot better with the mods and it has made an improvement to my lap times.

Damo
Well if that is going to be your attitude I really doubt that you can expect much help from people on this forum anymore. This forum is about sharing information and setups. But I guess with your 19 second laps around Brendale you dont need help from us stooges.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Well if that is going to be your attitude I really doubt that you can expect much help from people on this forum anymore. This forum is about sharing information and setups. But I guess with your 19 second laps around Brendale you dont need help from us stooges.
What is 19 second laps around BrendaleSHIT I did not say anything about that so what is problem mate so what if I don't want to tell any one about my mods that is my decision

Damo
Old 05-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

What is 19 second laps around BrendaleSHIT I did not say anything about that so what is problem mate so what if I don't want to tell any one about my mods that is my decision

Damo
Oh yeah it was your brother who claimed:

i atomic i am also a vone rr driver and i think its a very fast car once you got it right, i was using a set up from a person who is a good mate of mine from sydney and the car is one of the fastest rr out at the track i drive!, but i also drive a ntc3 and they also a great car after the mods i done eg. rear toe and the shock tower fix and the steering and the tank mods. i was out at the track during the week with it and i was pulling low 19sec laps with it, but i was running a jp s1 with all new jp s3 parts in it and i had the motor running about 195 degrees and the thing was fully sreeming down main straight with full throttle into the sweeper!!!!
So I guess he is way faster than you.

Oh and I am not your "mate".

There are many people interested in your "mods" who are going to Brendale this Sunday. You better hide your car good.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:52 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Damo
Your right I dont really care what mods you have done to your car. As for SECRETES you dont seem to mind picking everyone elses brain either on this forum or down at the track.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TBR
Your right I dont really care what mods you have done to your car. As for SECRETES you dont seem to mind picking everyone elses brain either on this forum or down at the track.
So when have I been picking everyone elses brain
from what I recall you were always coming and looking at my car and remember for awhile I was the only one out at the track with the Kyosho

Damo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.