Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

A couple of questions....

First, I am considering going with an alternative clutch system, I do not like working on them and some of the other ones, like the Werks, look like it would be much easier to tune and swap to other engines. Are there any opinions as to which one if any I should go with???

Second, I have been searching and I can't find exactly what doing the clunk mod does? Does it help with the air bubbles (I did the lid mod already) as well or is it for something else???

Thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

ok cool, thnks for the help guys

I am also tinkering with the idea of getting one of those new .19 Speeds for the mbx6R or am i being silly? i think i MIGHT benifit from it as i have a fat finger, but im still not sure...and im not getting that much response in the O.S .19 engine thread either. is anyone on here running a 19 speed in their mbx6? what are your findings? can you please give me some advice? we mostly race on technical tracks, no real wide open stuff. i currenly race a VZB vspec and i have the O.S 2060 and a efra 2053 pipe in my box. on my xray i found going down one tooth on the clutch bell was perfect for my local tracks also. im guessing the stock 13T bell on the mugen is the lowest you can go on these?

a lot of questions

thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Diff Balls

First, I am considering going with an alternative clutch system, I do not like working on them and some of the other ones, like the Werks, look like it would be much easier to tune and swap to other engines. Are there any opinions as to which one if any I should go with???

Second, I have been searching and I can't find exactly what doing the clunk mod does? Does it help with the air bubbles (I did the lid mod already) as well or is it for something else???

Thanks
M2c quick change adjustable clutch setup and the clunk tank is great... My tune has been more consistent since I did the clunk mod...
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
ok cool, thnks for the help guys

I am also tinkering with the idea of getting one of those new .19 Speeds for the mbx6R or am i being silly? i think i MIGHT benifit from it as i have a fat finger, but im still not sure...and im not getting that much response in the O.S .19 engine thread either. is anyone on here running a 19 speed in their mbx6? what are your findings? can you please give me some advice? we mostly race on technical tracks, no real wide open stuff. i currenly race a VZB vspec and i have the O.S 2060 and a efra 2053 pipe in my box. on my xray i found going down one tooth on the clutch bell was perfect for my local tracks also. im guessing the stock 13T bell on the mugen is the lowest you can go on these?

a lot of questions

thanks!
I have never ran the .19 speed but I know for sure it would great on a tight small track with small jumps..... You will definitely be able to take advantage of the run time and you won't have to worry about not having enough grunt to get around the track....
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Diff Balls

Thanks
i recently switched over from a normal 3 shoe setup to the accendancy/werks 4 shoe systems on my xray. ill probably never go back to the 3 shoe setups again the shoes and springs are almsot TOO easy to swop and change around, all achievable without any screwdrivers, fiddly maneuvers, bloody finger nails etc the only thing, and that is because i dont have a clutch tool for a 4 shoe flywheel atm, is tightening the clutch nut again...but i just do in like i used to before a had a tool for my 3 shoe setup....grab the flywheel with a monkey wrench through some cloth, and tighten like usual you get tools for them too though. but yes, clutch setup, trying different things has never been easier for me.....ascendancy didnt lie when they decided to call thier version the "effortless 4 shoe clutch system''

hope this helps
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teccmoney
I have never ran the .19 speed but I know for sure it would great on a tight small track with small jumps..... You will definitely be able to take advantage of the run time and you won't have to worry about not having enough grunt to get around the track....
thanks Teccmoney. I guess this is why im still n the air about this one, the tracks are technical, hardly ever at WOT except on the back straight where we have to clear quite a big double, but it has alot of runup though....sortoff makes it even more scary lol, since you never really know just how fast to hit it depending if you get turn one right or not what im getting at is, yes the tracks are technical, but they have jumps, only the one silly one, but a few other small double/tripple rhythm sections etc that require some punch out of corners. it is sortoff a point-and-squirt track. with my vspec it isnt hard to get enough speed to clear them correctly but i cant relly tell if could get over them with less power..as i cant really see if im spinning up the wheels etc. sure i know the 19 is going to be down on power down low, i guess im just considering the fact that maybe, just maybe it wouldnt be that noticeable if it delivers the power to the floor better and still clears the rhythm sections just fine? my cousin has a normal 21 Speed and i really think it almost has too much power , if there is such a thing

EDIT: here are some pics of it...the first one was the old layout before the silly jump in the back, oh and it had a long uninterrupted main straight. hardpacked, rutted out and dusty when the temps get up there. the second pic is what it looks like now, maybe a new steeper double/tripple here or there. it looks longer in the pic than it actually is, the perspective distorts it obviously. it's a 50sec lap for me....46-48 for the aliens lol

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 12-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

I would run a .21 on that track for sure..... If you got the extra cash try the .19 just for giggles...
Old 12-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teccmoney
I would run a .21 on that track for sure..... If you got the extra cash try the .19 just for giggles...
thanks, i guess that settles it then now i need to see where i can get hold off one of those new ninjas, the B02 right?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

thanks, i guess that settles it then now i need to see where i can get hold off one of those new ninjas, the B02 right?
Yea the new ninja or the xz speed or the old ninja or a wcII vzb speed are all good choices... I love os based motors... The purrrrr like a kitten and rev to the moon...
Old 12-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Now that' s a track, digging the layout.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Master

yea it is a very fun track to drive on, gives a great sense of reward when you get a clean lap and get all the fiddly bits just right, but man is it a car breaker if you get it wrong the green in the background is a golf course LOL, can imagine how much the golfers dread that hole due to noise etc...the track runs counter clockwise, left to right when looking at the main straight. one guy got that huge double at the back coming out of turn one wrong once and ended up on the other side of the fence LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
am
Tech Master

Some of our tracks are not so big as yours, but the three guys here that bought a .19 have sold them...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nice Track

I love the look af that track, where is it exactly?.. id like to google earth it

Ive never had a problem with my tune of flame outs when on my lid with the standard tank.. What exactly are the problems you feel you get by not having the clunk?

Dave
Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

im from South Africa though but yes, i think we are lucky, we have some nice tracks here...the weather helps and there is not exactly a shortage of space in most places on the plus side, the track is just a hop,skip and jump from the airport so you could just catch a plane for the weekend and come try it out

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 12-11-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

im from South Africa though but yes, i think we are lucky, we have some nice tracks here...the weather helps and there is not exactly a shortage of space in most places on the plus side, the track is just a hop,skip and jump from the airport so you could just catch a plane for the weekend and come try it out
I read your signature I found that after running the 2011 808 for most of the year I jumped ship for the mbx6, for me it steers and corners faster and i am alot more comfortable on jumps as with the xray I always went nose up bum down and hard on the brakes at the last minute I run the 6t rear tower and mp9 rear springs and the forward battery tray and after a good run today it was just awesome it felt faster and was way stable very few crashes
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.