Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Really had the chance to run my buggy hard this weekend. I really like it alot but notice it tends to "push" off-throttle in corners. On-throttle its great, but off-throttle it runs wide...

Curious which adjustments would make a difference in this area? I'm running the stock set-up on a hard-packed track with a bit of dust on top...

TIA
Old 06-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

if you lower your front diff oil, it can help eliminate some of that push.

for instance if you are running 7-5-2, try 5-5-2, or if you are running 5-5-2, then try 4-5-2.

check your camber, -2 camber up front, -2.5 in the rear.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

How much time is on the car. They break in a little bit.

If you want more off throttle steering, try adjusting it in with the suspension first, diffs are for dealing with power, suspension is for chassis balance. If you go a step lighter all around on the shocks you'll find you get more weight transfer, most are running the damping WAY heavy on this car. 400f/350r is probably the limit for oil weight for stock pistons, any heavier and the suspension barely works, rebound is extremely slow.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Really had the chance to run my buggy hard this weekend. I really like it alot but notice it tends to "push" off-throttle in corners. On-throttle its great, but off-throttle it runs wide...

Curious which adjustments would make a difference in this area? I'm running the stock set-up on a hard-packed track with a bit of dust on top...

TIA
Try a lighter front sway bar as well. The stock set-up was good and all, but it was off quite a bit for me. I went with the Kenji Osaka Futaba Tract 08 setup and just a few minor tweaks from there. Knowing where you are racing at, it should work well there as well. You may just have to change the shock oil going from RCHL and then to Rat. I have seen the layout and the jumps look nothing like Watkins, so the softer setup should help out. Have you asked Rizzle or Chenzo what they were running? I am guessing it is probably close to Kenji's. Let me know how it turns out.

Last edited by Revooooooo; 06-24-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Wrong setup sheet.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
Try a lighter front sway bar as well. The stock set-up was good and all, but it was off quite a bit for me. I went with the Kenji Osaka Futaba Tract 08 setup and just a few minor tweaks from there. Knowing where you are racing at, it should work well there as well. You may just have to change the shock oil going from RCHL and then to Rat. I have seen the layout and the jumps look nothing like Watkins, so the softer setup should help out. Have you asked Rizzle or Chenzo what they were running? I am guessing it is probably close to Kenji's. Let me know how it turns out.
did you try tillmans setup art??????????????? it seems to work really well everywhere and i have only changed swaybars
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Can anyone tell me what the upper,lower,and center upper arm positions do to the cars handling??? Thanks..
Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bushyar15

TIA
Hardpack with dust...

Drop the front oil to 5k, put the 2mm spacers on the front side of the front lower arms, move the rear hubs all the way back, rear arms spaced all the way back, 2 degrees max front camber, and use the right tires. I run my car like this all the time now. Steers like a Losi.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
If you want more off throttle steering, try adjusting it in with the suspension first, diffs are for dealing with power, suspension is for chassis balance.
Yes but on a dusty track, the heavier front diff oil will not let the outside front tire bite, as it will want to push/skid when the car is turned.

I did EVERYTHING to get my car to hook off power on our dusty track. Extending the rear of the car worked great to put more weight on the front, but dropping the front diff oil to 5k sealed the deal.

High bite track, I liked the 7k..
Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

i use 5-7-3 in my diffs 32.5 losi frt and 27.5 losi in the rear shocks with stock springs and pistons. mine turned like a losi too but i fixed it and now it turns a mbx6 (much better).
Old 06-25-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

I have as well some issues with my diff setup of my MBX6.
First I tried the default setup 7 5 2 and it was ok but a lot of oversteering and the front tires hat double of wearout as the rear tires.
So I changed the setup to 7 7 5 and now it seams that I have even more oversteering as before.
What do you recommend?
Some racers in Europe are using diff setups like 20 20 10 or 20 15 10 or similar. Never seen some post here on rctech.net. Why?

I am totally confused in which direction I should go.
And I think it's really hard to try "every setup" between 5 5 2 and 20 20 10 ;-)

Hope I get some feedback here

Cheerio
racer_hh
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default track

Originally Posted by racer_hh
Hi,

I have as well some issues with my diff setup of my MBX6.
First I tried the default setup 7 5 2 and it was ok but a lot of oversteering and the front tires hat double of wearout as the rear tires.
So I changed the setup to 7 7 5 and now it seams that I have even more oversteering as before.
What do you recommend?
Some racers in Europe are using diff setups like 20 20 10 or 20 15 10 or similar. Never seen some post here on rctech.net. Why?

I am totally confused in which direction I should go.
And I think it's really hard to try "every setup" between 5 5 2 and 20 20 10 ;-)

Hope I get some feedback here

Cheerio
racer_hh

hey mate really depends what sort of track u running.

on dirt / grass stock set up was superb.

on astro 10, 7,3 is good.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you look at the mid mugen page http://www.mid-mugen.eu/ you can have a look to the setup sheets in the download section.

One is really extreme 30k 30k 5k

You recommend 10k 7k 3k and can somebody explain the difference to 10k 10k 3k in theory?

Thanks
Sascha
Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

I tried some of the heavier front/center diff oils, and on tight dusty tracks the front end would push like crazy. If it was loamy, blue groove, or more sweeping corners it was great.

I would compare here.

http://www.mugenracing.com/image/mbx...setupsheet.pdf

The chassis setup I've found to work for me is most all conditions is close to Drew Mollers setup.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm running a setup about the same as Drew's (softer shocks than most are running) except I have 5/7/2 in my diffs and 10.75r/9.75f (updated kit springs). I will try 3k in the rear next. Car is really good and I think it can still be better.

I liked 5-5-2 but the car didn't seem very positive on throttle, like the canter diff couldn't decide which way to send the power. I've always liked 7k in the center diff of every car I've owned though.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Donny what dif oil are you running now? You coming out sunday? Was a lite turn out last race but still fun! I saw some DH bike in the back of your truck a few weeks ago by front page and wondered what you were up to?? You going out tomorow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.