Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Morgoth: I must have done something wrong. I was only able to find a bunch of posts regarding clutch shimming when I searched before.

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, dumb question? I have the MBX6r and have switched to the BCE X3 pro chassis so it is a little shorter. Would the MBX6 body fit better since the chassis is shorter now? What body should I order?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys, dumb question? I have the MBX6r and have switched to the BCE X3 pro chassis so it is a little shorter. Would the MBX6 body fit better since the chassis is shorter now? What body should I order?
the R and stock is the same basically. the rear body mount hole is just 2mm forward. i just oblong the hole. bitty is fine. i use the same body on the X3 as R chassis. i use the jconcepts punisher body. however, the proline bulldog will last longest. had one i ran all year and still could use it.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Pressure line ++

Hey guys! What do you think of the idea to run an empty fuel filter(meaning that it is without the filter element itself, rendering it only a container for air) in the pressure line instead of an extra long pressure line? Do you think that the extra space in the filter will be the same as the extra space in a longer fuel line?
Sorry to change the topic all of a sudden, I am just wondering since I had some flame-outs after pit this year.
Regards,
Terry
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeroRider
Hey guys! What do you think of the idea to run an empty fuel filter(meaning that it is without the filter element itself, rendering it only a container for air) in the pressure line instead of an extra long pressure line? Do you think that the extra space in the filter will be the same as the extra space in a longer fuel line?
Sorry to change the topic all of a sudden, I am just wondering since I had some flame-outs after pit this year.
Regards,
Terry
I've been running mine like that for over a year with no problems....
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

Terry, it might help a bit but the problem is a bit to do with the tank forcing fuel into the carb when filled right to the top and snapping the lid closed...I get a very rich almost flaming for 5 seconds out of the pits with my mbx6 when the motor's a bit low on compression and the idle gap is open a bit wide...doesn't flameout too often though.

with a fresher motor in it doesn't do it, so tuning, compression and the extra bit of pop to burn the extra fuel makes a lot of difference.

What motor and plug are you Terry?

Craig
Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

http://vimeo.com/36916274
Old 02-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeroRider
Regards,
Terry
Ive got my MBX 6 to where it don't flame out anymore after pit stops

1. Make sure your Idle gap is between .5 and .7 millimeter. (most important)

2. Run a 11" pressure line or maybe a empty fuel filter ( I know the 11" line works)

3.Let the car idle during the pit stop.That way the exhaust pressure will be low, so when the cap is closed, fuel will be forced into the pressure line instead of the engine. Rev the engine right after the cap is closed.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K. Wood

3.Let the car idle during the pit stop.That way the exhaust pressure will be low, so when the cap is closed, fuel will be forced into the pressure line instead of the engine. Rev the engine right after the cap is closed.
I think this is the most important step. This is the way I pit and I've never had a flameout while pitting. Although I flamed almost once, but I think it had to do with the fuel gun.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juninho_foz
What a race! His car was dialed! Which chassis does Batlle use, stock, EU, or +5?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
What a race! His car was dialed! Which chassis does Batlle use, stock, EU, or +5?
Yes that was a great battle. I didnt want to ruffle feathers but did you see the xb9 on the big double after the left hand turn at the end of the straight?
Robert was clearly faster, he could pretty much run anyone down and his car looked strapped. His setup was on neobuggy and it specified he was running the gear ratio, rear shock tower, and chassis from the 6r eu.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Yes that was a great battle. I didnt want to ruffle feathers but did you see the xb9 on the big double after the left hand turn at the end of the straight?
Robert was clearly faster, he could pretty much run anyone down and his car looked strapped. His setup was on neobuggy and it specified he was running the gear ratio, rear shock tower, and chassis from the 6r eu.
No doubt, you hardly hear anything about him, but he clearly has the skills. His car did not get upset, smooth and consistent. Accelerated nicely as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Robert Battle Setup @ Montpellier 2012

Yes Battle's car was dialed @ Montpellier 2012
Where can we find his setup?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alentino
Yes Battle's car was dialed @ Montpellier 2012
Where can we find his setup?

http://scrubbingspeed.wordpress.com/...battles-setup/
Old 02-17-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Any news on the mbx7 yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.