Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

nice one. I'm on medium to low grip also. I started with kit rubbers setup with medium chassis but have now moved to this setup:

fr:
shocks 3rd hole in on top
30wt, kit spring, 3holes open
5mm, 2.5mm droop (measured by manually raising car and measuring difference off the ride height)
low roll-centre with arms angled upward (0.00fr of arm, -0.75rr of arm) pro-dive? hrmmmm.
1deg neg camber, 0.5deg toe out

rr:
shocks 4th hole in from top
5mm, 4mm droop measured as above (as per setup book describes)
1deg neg camber, 3deg toe in

full soft chassis setup but middle bulkhead brace left in.

one-way multi-diff, med to med-high rr diff, pretty loose main belt

car is still a bit skatey in the back end. (back slides out easily). I'm going to order the front light blue (1.6lb) and rear yellow (1.4lb) springs to see how that changes things. Otherwise all other settings are as per the kit.

This is on CS-32's on a mixed, med grip track. (has a fast straightway, mid-speed mid section and very tight in section. almost all corners/turns are 180deg hairpins, much like you'd see on a poly-pipe carpet track.

I need a setup that I can change quickly for a simular speed carpet track on rubbers. At the moment I run the same setup, but go a stiffer chassis.

this setup changes directions very very fast, even with the kit-setup long wheelbase. impressive but almost overkill!

Is it possible that my 2.5 front droop is causing the back to spin out easily? more droop up front required?

James

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
This is the starting set up for my T2 on med grip asphalt.

I ran pretty much stock except:

I moved the inner ackerman to the rear tab. ( This was not real clear to me I assume the pink dots in the setup book are the positions of the bearing location. Can some one please clarify this for me as I am trying to achieve more ackerman).

Gearing was 116x30=6.57
Putnum Propulsion 19t Chameleon Duce

Rear

Height 5mm
Drop 5mm
Toe 2 Degrees neg
Camber 1 degree neg
Stock Springs
X-Ray 30wt

Front

Height 5mm
Droop 5mm
Toe 1 degree positive
Camber 0-1 degree neg
Stock Springs
X-Ray 3wt

Chassis

I run close to the medium setting, except on top I use the Aluminum standoffs and 4 less screws see picture (Red spots depict areas where NO screws are used). Bottom chassis setup is factory recommended.

This worked really well for me. It resulted in me sweeping my heats earning TQ and finishing 1st. I would like to get feed back if guys try it. Doesn't seem like very many of you run on asphalt but for those who do lets get some stuff rolling.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

dunno about u guys but think my xray t2 is awesome....

built as per kit for all but shocks( used fixed 3 hole and drilled holes to 1.2) car was awesome..

only changes through out the day where....blue springs to front, kit silver to rear, and oil from 30 to 40 wt.

was good enuff to take TQ and an overall second at CArpet wars in UK....in 27T.

No rear toe in issue, yeah its slighty out but nothing to worry about.. to all those who complain about such things....stop bench racing and get out on the track you numpties.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mi2dude
...stop bench racing and get out on the track you numpties.
haha! (provided for all the Americans )

corrected URL

Last edited by Frank McKinney; 02-06-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

You mean: this link (without the quote)
Old 02-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Dom,

Yeah, it turns out the second 8x1 motor that I ran was nothing like the first 8x1 motor that I ran. I probably was overgeared by 2 teeth. Live and learn and if not then MELTDOWN.

Steve

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Thanks Steve! That's what I'm doing now, mounting the fan over the endbell with 2 screws.

I think our problem at the 2-day prompted me to use the fan. You figured out the problem yet?

Dom
Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by James
nice one. I'm on medium to low grip also. I started with kit rubbers setup with medium chassis but have now moved to this setup:

fr:
shocks 3rd hole in on top
5mm, 2.5mm droop (measured by manually raising car and measuring difference off the ride height)
low roll-centre with arms angled upward (0.00fr of arm, -0.75rr of arm) pro-dive? hrmmmm.
1deg neg camber, 0.5deg toe out

rr:
shocks 4th hole in from top
5mm, 4mm droop measured as above (as per setup book describes)
1deg neg camber, 3deg toe in

full soft chassis setup but middle bulkhead brace left in.

one-way multi-diff, med to med-high rr diff, pretty loose main belt

car is still a bit skatey in the back end. (back slides out easily). I'm going to order the front light blue (1.6lb) and rear yellow (1.4lb) springs to see how that changes things. Otherwise all other settings are as per the kit.

This is on CS-32's on a mixed, med grip track. (has a fast straightway, mid-speed mid section and very tight in section. almost all corners/turns are 180deg hairpins, much like you'd see on a poly-pipe carpet track.

I need a setup that I can change quickly for a simular speed carpet track on rubbers. At the moment I run the same setup, but go a stiffer chassis.

this setup changes directions very very fast, even with the kit-setup long wheelbase. impressive but almost overkill!

Is it possible that my 2.5 front droop is causing the back to spin out easily? more droop up front required?

James
Try a spool in the front ( using the multi diff ) and add some anti squat in the rear (0.00 and -0.75 ). Give that a try and see if it helps you any If you really wantto keep the one way you can try moving your rear shocks in a hole or 2.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sup guys...This is my last post for the week (Snowbirds), but I wanted to let you know T2 bumpers will be instock at the Snowbirds and they will starting shipping from the site on Wed Good luck to anyone racing the Birds!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
308316 T2 T2 shock ball joint http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...66&kategoria=0
308301 T2 XRAY Shock Absorber-Set 4-Step (2) http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...65&kategoria=0
308300 XRAY Shock Absorber-Set 4-Step (2) http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...95&kategoria=0

The ball joints on the 308300 (T1) and 308301 (T2) are the same. The 308316 is shorter than those and you are right they are sold separately. I believe that the shorter ones fits perfectly to the old shocks. But if you change one of the front ones the other must be changed also.
Where is your hobby shop which has T2 parts?

Mikes Hobby Shop in Dallas
www.mikeshobbyshop.com

I am headed to the track today for practice and will try the shorter T2 shock ends.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
this is not my car but I think it may be 3racing I'm not sure?
Its a cool-can fan set-up from my t2...you'll notice another cool-can fan set-up in the background of the photo...its from my 415msx...

the fans work great and keep the temperature of the motor nice a cool...worth looking into
Old 02-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

this is not my car but I think it may be 3racing I'm not sure?
Hi
The pics of the CCF in situ on this T2 car I believe belong to Carl Giordano
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rollcall

Who has parts in the US, please post link
Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've order both fans directly from Malc in the UK...packages were shipped via US postal service...quick deliver...paid via paypal

check out

http://www.coolcanfan.com/
Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey does anyone know if the thrust balls and diff balls from the Corally RDX will fit the T2?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Hi
There is NO outlet in the USA, as the discount that I have offered does not seem favourable to the shops, maybe its the exchange rate I have had 3 shops shown a very keen interest i the last week alone, but to no avail. Its very frustrating for me as I would love for it to be easier for you guy's in the US to purchase our products. Still one day a man will land on Mars eh
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfiend
Hey does anyone know if the thrust balls and diff balls from the Corally RDX will fit the T2?
The diff balls on the RDX are 3.5 mm. I don't think they'll work. The thrust bearings are the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.