Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

I race at the same track as Mr Magoo and mtc3od and I think one issue we have is with the track itself.

Our 'boards' are actually 3"x3" wood. Some stick out at prety steep angles, a good hit on some of those is the same as hitting a brick wall.

That being said, the 05 did not tweak under these conditions.

I too had some bad tweaks and also pulled off in the second round due to a really bad tweak which was the result of a rear end punt (not hitting the boards).

mtc3od's servo is fine, it was fine in all the subsequent races, and he had a great A main.

Trust the people on here who are seeing a lot of tweak. This design does tweak easily.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
There is some front arms here in the UK try a shop called Microtech racing they had some last week.

Sam

Thanks alot Sam. I am all over that lead.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Go seahawks Go.

Congrats to Mike Blackstock on his win this past weekend.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
Sorry I couldn't help you with a spare arm Saturday. You can thank Rob for depleting my spare inventory.

I have enough ribs to go round, but they won't work.

BTW,

Who dey?
WE DEM STILLERS!!!

Colts/Bengals fans can feel better knowing they lost to the soon to be SuperBowl champs.

...<cough>...ahem...back on topic...T2...
No problem Guy. I know you would have helped had you been able to.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
i raced my T2 yesterday and all i can say is...wow...absolutely love it - super smooth and easy to setup - i also purchased some of team tamale front c-hubs and steering blocks - and i will just put it this way - i drive more confidently b/c i know i know i can take some hard wrecks without breaking my hubs or my arms - and yesterday i took some pretty bad wrecks - and i didn't break a thing.....

props to xray for a great car and larry for some stronger parts....
Where can you buy the team tamale c-hubs and blocks?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

www.teamtamale.com
Old 01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks John.....I just don;t see the new T2 stuff on there. But I will contact them.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BritRacer
I race at the same track as Mr Magoo and mtc3od and I think one issue we have is with the track itself.

Our 'boards' are actually 3"x3" wood. Some stick out at prety steep angles, a good hit on some of those is the same as hitting a brick wall.

That being said, the 05 did not tweak under these conditions.

I too had some bad tweaks and also pulled off in the second round due to a really bad tweak which was the result of a rear end punt (not hitting the boards).

mtc3od's servo is fine, it was fine in all the subsequent races, and he had a great A main.

Trust the people on here who are seeing a lot of tweak. This design does tweak easily.
There might be an easy fix to everyones tweak problem. To start, every graphite car is prone to tweaking. The FK05 didn't tweak as often as other graphite cars because the hole car used counter sunk screws. Much better design than tamiya or even the T2. So, do what I did before I even built the car, and counter sink the top decks, shock towers and the aluminum bulk heads. By duing this, your T2 will become alot more rigid and less prone to tweaking.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

not necessarily...my tamiya evo3 has countersunk screws underneath...but if I bump a wall, the alum mounts still move enough to have about 1mm of play between the arm and the mount even though they're attached with countersunk screws
Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

If you use countersunk washers on the top deck...it will help resist tweak.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aluma
not necessarily...my tamiya evo3 has countersunk screws underneath...but if I bump a wall, the alum mounts still move enough to have about 1mm of play between the arm and the mount even though they're attached with countersunk screws
You have to counter sink the top and bottom. I drove tamiya's for years. There not counter sunk on the top decks. Aluma, it sounds like you didn't have the proper shimming between your blocks on your hinge pins. Never go by what the manual says. 1mm of slop is alot, you must not have shimmed it correctly.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My car tweaked every race this weekend. 5oz off on the scales. I barley breezed a flapper, didnt even mess up my line and the car went to crap my laptimes dropped off a second a lap. The boards at are local track are some of the most forgiving in the business. I'm gonna put it on a shelf till a solid chassis and topdeck come out. Back to my freakin dialed 05'
Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

For the rear toe:

Make sure to measure the lower suspension mount spacers with a calipers, I found that some of the aluminum spacers were 1.5mm while others were 1.4mm. Used not equally left/right might yeild a little different toe angle.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jt6
Thanks John.....I just don;t see the new T2 stuff on there. But I will contact them.
its not on there yet, as you say, best to email him
Old 01-23-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
My car tweaked every race this weekend. 5oz off on the scales. I barley breezed a flapper, didnt even mess up my line and the car went to crap my laptimes dropped off a second a lap. The boards at are local track are some of the most forgiving in the business. I'm gonna put it on a shelf till a solid chassis and topdeck come out. Back to my freakin dialed 05'
OMG after all that money, you are saying we have to spend more? Well come to xray world! Just kidding I am not a happy camper with all the bad news about T2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.