JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

nice, thanks mark.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by smyka
if your car has to much front bite with purples go to blacs it will settle the front down and give it a littel push mid and out of corners
How about if purples are not enough bite, and need more, which tire, double pinks - glued?

Thanks
Fast Faisal
Old 11-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Purple should hook up pretty good on ozite. Not sure what you running on, but these tips should help. If purples are not enough bite try adjusting your set up. Use a softer front spring, like a .20, try giving rear pod a little droop, or try a little stiffer rear spring. Also try doping the fronts a little more and the rear a little less(try one at a time like do the fronts a little more and then try the rears a little less and then both). You may have to much rear bit creating the push. Clean the foams with lighter fluid ( naphtha in the yellow bottle ) or even motor spray, sometimes they will get gummy and have too much bite.

Check out the 1/12 thread.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Lonepalm, try GQ tires, the rims are indestructable. I run them on a nitro car and have never broken one or seen one break. They make carpet specific tires, but I prefer Jaco's myself. I have broke a few rims, but I hit the board hard and something had to give. Now that I know of the "Guarantee" I'll stop throwing them in the trash.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jack Rimer

For those of you who may not know Jack Rimer personally, I can tell you that there are very few people in this business who care about the sport more than he does. I think Jack can defend himself quite well; but be aware he has more than a few friends around here. And, for very good reason. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what online shops carry the Jaco Dual stage Black front and Yellow rears? every where I looked they out of stock
Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rims on the new 26mm wrap tires are borderline bulletproof, period!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I guess it's only me that has a problem with jaco rims
I know of about 7 people in our area that have sworn off running these tires due to breakage. and no, they don't all suck. i'm not sure why everyone has such loyalty to a company that doesn't pay them.............

For me, it's incredibly frustrating to see a novice show up with $100 in tires planning on racing and packing up because he is out of tires, but has not broke a single part on his car..................
Old 11-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Jack,
You have a PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lonepalm4
I know of about 7 people in our area that have sworn off running these tires due to breakage. and no, they don't all suck. i'm not sure why everyone has such loyalty to a company that doesn't pay them.............

For me, it's incredibly frustrating to see a novice show up with $100 in tires planning on racing and packing up because he is out of tires, but has not broke a single part on his car..................

What area do you race in? (City, State)
Old 11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lonepalm4

First off it must be YOU! If everyone that was breaking rims like you say you are, was returning them or even taking your route and posting on here...Jack would either go broke from replacements or you would see something posted by him as to the "problem" being worked on or addressed in some form. plus it would take hours to weed thru the "my rims broke" post by SO MANY!

Why have such loyalty to a company that DOESN'T pay me, EASY answer. THE BEST PRODUCT FOR THE MONEY!!!!

If a novice is showing up with $100 in tires and breaking all of them before the day is over and you and 7 of your race buddies are breaking rims every run.....

Have you guys thought it may be the track barriers or something else other than the rims??? Do you live in the somehwere that it is EXTREMELY cold and maybe pack your tires the night before?

But if you say you have been racing for 15yrs and have broken 3-4 hundred bucks (roughly 27sets or 54 individual rims) worth of rims and kept on buying them after the first oh say 5 sets ....maybe I can see why a "novice" is having such a hard time...NO ONE THERE IS SMART ENOUGH TO HELP THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus how and why do you think Jack would "replace" the tires you say you threw in the garbage anyway?? Wouldn't he need to see them to be sure you were smart enough to know you were indeed running Jaco's??
Old 11-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You arent the only one who had problems with Jacos breaking rims or falling apart. At our racetrack this was pretty common even among the top drivers. They all dealt with it because until they broke they were the tires that were hooking up. I know a number of people that changed over to Parma, GQ and TRC tires because of durability issues. I myself prefer the GQ tires because I like they way they hook up , look, and they are tough as hell. Never chunked one, nor has a wheel split on me. When I ran Jacos, they chuncked considerably more than any other tire I ran. The rim actually would split or tear from the inside ,not sure what caused this but they would crack and start to come apart. So pretty much the view of Jaco's around the track I go to is that they are the best as far as hooking up but they are the least durable.
I have heard great things about the durability of the new Jacos with the spoked rims. I have seen people run them and they swear they are more durable than the previous ones.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

noline i woudl try giving chris at rcmadness a call he might have them his number is 860 741 6501... FAST ...HOW MUCH OF THE PURPLE ARE YOU DOOPING ALREADY IF IT IS 3/4 or more try d pinks and start off with 1/4 or 1/2 dooping if that does not work go to .18 fornt springs and try some thick lube on the king pin
Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a question i am getting back to sedan after a year and wondering what foams are recomended for stock sedan on small tight race tracks for front and rear

befor this i have never had any problems with these tires
Old 11-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

The new 26mm wheels are unbelievably durable. I have yet to see one break. They are actually gas car wheels so they are made to stand up to some serious abuse.
As I said, we constantly try to improve our tires even though the general public may not be aware of it. With the dish wheel, we cut back the composite to 0% so it will withstand impact better. We lowered the base diameter on the 2-stage so the consumer gets more runs out of a set of tires. This also reduces the amount of sidewall that can rip under hard cornering. We increased the amount of glue between the base foam and the race rubber to prevent chunking or tearing. We switched to the new 26mm wheel for stock racing because of the added durability AND lowered the price of the tire to make it more affordable. All this plus the fact that it can lower your lap times significantly. In other words, we won't sit idle. We are not content to have a foam tire. We want the BEST foam tire. Not just in performance, but in durability and value too. The reason many of these people come on here to defend our product is because they truly feel it is a good product. As I have said, if you are not happy with our tires, there are many other choices out there. We don't like losing customers, but there are some folks that are never satisfied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.