Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I always felt..Lower was always better feeling and smoother to drive for Spec classes ..Mod is a diffrent story same with body style choice.. Look at some A main photos from the bigger races you will see almost all are cut low as can be as per rules..Years ago before the rules were more looked at the "Slammed" body was the ticket.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Here is mine..Notice the flares..LOL
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-008.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

White? You need to go back to Pink or Red! hehe
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default What's your time worth to you.

Originally Posted by dreadwing
Just getting back into racing and looking to pic up the TC6.2. I see a lot of used 6.1's and plan to mainly do club racing VTA or 17.5 class. I was also looking at the Xray t4-14 but it seems a but pricey and this car looks fantastic from what I've read on here so far.

Is it better to just spend a bit more for the 6.2 or pick up a used older model?
I recon it depends on what your time is worth to you.
You will spend just as much or more time setting up and old car as you will a new one. I look at it this way, I spend as much time tinkering and paint bodies, cleaning replacing worn parts etc. and for the amount of track time I get in return I want to have as much competitive fun as I can. That being said you can still have lots of fun with a car that is season or two old. And lots of people where you race will know how to get them to work well at the local track.
So you got lots of money by new. Want to get in on a budget get good second hand.. Buy good radio gear and you will always keep it. The car kit is only a portion of you spend ..

Hope this helps..

Steve
Old 01-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I decided to go with a new kit as part of the fun for me is the build process. I ended up picking on up on towerhobbies for a decent price using a coupon code.

Thanks! Can't wait to get the car and have it out on the track!

Originally Posted by shanwright
So you got lots of money by new. Want to get in on a budget get good second hand.. Buy good radio gear and you will always keep it. The car kit is only a portion of you spend ..

Hope this helps..

Steve
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So what's the skinny on this new car? Any issues? How's AE's gear diffs? What about the new shocks....easier and smoother?
I'm interested in this kit.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

hi, yesterday my kit came in, so i begin to build.
So far only little problem are the arms between the alu armmounths. they lock a little bit.
So i scrape the arms .1mm, so now the are loose but without slope.
i have already the new RSD springsets all around 13lb,14lb,15lb.
this evening will do some training at indoor track with my B44.2, tomorrow i build further and wil make some photo's

gtz

Sven
Old 01-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

I can only commwnt on my car because no one else has stated they have had the same issues if you run the front inner camber link without any shims under It you might have to trim he 5Mm to a 3.5mm ish ball stud my rear diff rubbed on my rear shock tower with a shim on each side of the diff so I put both on thr left side to push it out the shocks are just as easy to build as the 6.1 they feel more consistent now my screws that went into my steering rack kept coming lose with lock tight on them so I put a longer one with a nut on it you will probably need a servo saver unless you dont hit walls and the usual battery tray slop but some servo tape fixed that no problem but he car is phenomal much better than my 6.1
Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

I have had great results with the 6.2. It is very consistent and carries excellent corner speed. In comparison to my TC6.1, WHICH AIN'T NO SLOUCH, I'm 3/10th faster and my deviations have been as low as 0.5 at 33 laps. Drivers that are considered faster than me, don't seem as fast any more and I'm challenging for position every time we race.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Very nice to hear!!!
Just picked mine up today, can't wait to get started
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the 6.2 use the same arms, hubs, and steering knuckle as the 6.1?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Arrow

Originally Posted by JayBee
So what's the skinny on this new car? Any issues? How's AE's gear diffs? What about the new shocks....easier and smoother?
I'm interested in this kit.
The gear diff is very easy to build and have no tendencies of leaking. I have been using them since the first TC6 and have had them filled with everything from 30wt shock oil to 2.5 million wt different oil. The kit setup is a spool up front with a gear diff with 40wt shock oil in the rear. The V3 shocks are great. Very easy to build and very smooth out the box. I look forward to the release of the DCJ 'S for this car to see if I can squeeze some more out of this car.

See you at the track..
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jha07
Does the 6.2 use the same arms, hubs, and steering knuckle as the 6.1?
Yes it does. No shortage of parts here.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
The gear diff is very easy to build and have no tendencies of leaking. I have been using them since the first TC6 and have had them filled with everything from 30wt shock oil to 2.5 million wt different oil. The kit setup is a spool up front with a gear diff with 40wt shock oil in the rear. The V3 shocks are great. Very easy to build and very smooth out the box. I look forward to the release of the DCJ 'S for this car to see if I can squeeze some more out of this car.

See you at the track..
Are the TC6.2 shocks actually different from the TC6.1 shocks? I got the impression they were the same. My big complaint with the TC6.1 shocks was that the bladder was very stiff, so it was hard to get rid of the rebound even with a hole in the cap. I can't remember if they had stiction or not, because honestly I don't think I was good enough with shock building to know better at that point.

-Mike
Old 01-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Very nice to hear!!!
Just picked mine up today, can't wait to get started

What class are you going to run it in? Do you actually think it'll hold a candle to your A-cars?

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.