Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

There is a piece of plastick that you should have put on!? It keeps the cables away from the belts...
Old 02-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ricky/C
There is a piece of plastick that you should have put on!? It keeps the cables away from the belts...
+1, there should be a plastic "clamp" that secures the wires to the chassis,via the use of one screw.

You may even see it on the picture on the box
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
+1, there should be a plastic "clamp" that secures the wires to the chassis,via the use of one screw.

You may even see it on the picture on the box
OH that's what it is! I wondered what the random piece of plastic was...
Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ricky/C
Ive got the wires going under that plastic clamp. They still seem to rub as they loop up after the clamp towards the batt plug. Not rubbing continuously, but enough to now start to be a problem.
Maybee the wires are too long(??)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1101
Ive got the wires going under that plastic clamp. They still seem to rub as they loop up after the clamp towards the batt plug. Not rubbing continuously, but enough to now start to be a problem.
Maybee the wires are too long(??)
Yes, what type of batteries do you use? If you can trim the wires, why not? It wont be a bad thing
Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

hi guys...would anyone be able to share some TA05R setups on some recent races? I could only find the Satoshi Maezumi online but it was dated back in 2006. Appreciate the help. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TfnG
anyone run their TA05 in the vintage trans am class? i bought the TA05 as a drift car...but didnt find drifting too fun. now there is a carpet track opening up near me soon, so i wanna convert the drifter to a USVTA car. any opinions? ill need to start from scratch on the set up.

Its a very capable TA car. Start with the setup from the manual and you'll be close.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Default Mamba Max CMS4600

Hi there. I was thinking about getting a Mamba Max CMS4600 bl with esc.
Is this overkill for a TA??
Its a pretty good price(old stock) locally (New Zealand), & with the NZ$ plummeting in value any newer/better BL system will be considerably more expensive.
I also like the idea of lower maintaince of BL.
Could I just program it to give less peak power/more tourqe & set the transmitter to not use full throttle.
I dont really want to to break/stretch belts diffs etc just for a quick power buzz.
Well I would like the power buzz but wont.....
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Got a question hopefully someone has run into and knows how to fix. I got my R used and went through it and tried to set it back to stock setup as best I could. It has the CF shock towers on it and when I try to put the shocks in the stock location the ride height is way up there. Like 6.5 if I remember correctly. The only way I can get the ride height down to 5 or 5.5 is to have the shocks mounted on the outer holes on both the arms and towers. I didn't measue the shock length but screwed on the end as much as I could. I wouldn't think I should have to put limiters in the shock but maybe I have to. Car works pretty good but I just don't have any adjustability. Is this common or do I have to just keep searching? What is normal shock length for those that have measured them?

Edit: Running rubber tire or VTA
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
Got a question hopefully someone has run into and knows how to fix. I got my R used and went through it and tried to set it back to stock setup as best I could. It has the CF shock towers on it and when I try to put the shocks in the stock location the ride height is way up there. Like 6.5 if I remember correctly. The only way I can get the ride height down to 5 or 5.5 is to have the shocks mounted on the outer holes on both the arms and towers. I didn't measue the shock length but screwed on the end as much as I could. I wouldn't think I should have to put limiters in the shock but maybe I have to. Car works pretty good but I just don't have any adjustability. Is this common or do I have to just keep searching? What is normal shock length for those that have measured them?

The TA05R I ran VTA with had carbon towers on it and I had no problem getting the ride height correct- HOWEVER it came with these which lowers it 1mm:

RC Aluminum Damper Retainer - 1mm Down Type
Item #53876
MSRP: $19.50

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53876

Last edited by TwoTone; 03-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

What springs are you using? Tamiya? You said this is an R....so you have TRF shocks?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Core Creations
What springs are you using? Tamiya? You said this is an R....so you have TRF shocks?
Yes the TRF shocks from the kit. Using either assoc or tamiya springs. Right now I'm using the tamiya white kit springs in the rear.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Can anyone suggest a good starting point Gear Ratio/FDR for the following motors using 48 pitch?

A novak 17.5 I am having a hard time getting it to the low 3.5 listed on novak's gear chart.

A Losi Xcelorin 10.5. Last 5 minute test run with this, the motor was at 115º.

And a Trinity Duo 10.5. This is on it's way for my buddies car.

Also I want to confirm that the stock TA05 internal drive ratio is 2.25?

Running standard rubber tires.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Check the droop screws. They limit uptravel(unsprung ride height) and either are not installed or are adjusted incorrectly.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here are a link to get you going and will give you different FDRs.
http://www.gearmachine.net

If you don't know. the internial gear tario is 2.25
Originally Posted by Mash13
Hey guys,

I'm running a 05 that was origionally a IFS but I removed the IFS and added another shock tower at the front. Luckily the kit came with everything needed to swap out that IFS crap!
This has dramatically improved the performance of the car, now she handles like a dream, and managed to race ok a few days ago.
ok well anyways i'm running 70/35 gearing but I really need to lower my FDR to about 3 to 3.5 So I will need to run a 45T pinion gear (for 3.5 FDR).

My question is, will a pinion this size fit? I dont have any to test out so was wondering if any of you guys have run anything similar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.