Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Guy one quick question!

If your running 19 turn ( asphalt or carpet), is it better to run the carbon chassis for stiffness or is it better to run the stock chassis for the flex to hook up better? Opinions?

Brant
Old 11-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Guy one quick question!

If your running 19 turn ( asphalt or carpet), is it better to run the carbon chassis for stiffness or is it better to run the stock chassis for the flex to hook up better? Opinions?

Brant
Hey pookyt I ran 19 turn asphalt with the stock chassis up at the XRCC race about two weeks ago and it did great especially when it was right on the back bumper of yokomo.

Garrett W
Old 11-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lightweight Reversible Suspension Sysytem

I am thinking of building a TCS legal TA-05. I have seen the lightweight reversible suspension system is a hop up listed on the Tamiya USA site. What is the advantages and disadvantages of the lightweight reversible suspension set?

Also, since the lightweight reversible suspension system is listed as a hop up for the TA-05, then are the 53939 RC Lightweight Wheel Axle - For Reversible Suspension a TCS legal hop up for the TA-05?

Apprently there is a different bearing for the reversible lightweight suspension system, what is the difference? Where is a good source for ceramic bearings for the TA-05?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by performance26
Hey pookyt I ran 19 turn asphalt with the stock chassis up at the XRCC race about two weeks ago and it did great especially when it was right on the back bumper of yokomo.

Garrett W

Hey Garrett!!! Let me guess..........that Yokomo was running a brushless mod too?? LMAO! They'll never learn!!!

Brant
Old 11-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

yeah it was lol!! needless to say everyone was looking at my car wondering how a cheap car could keep up with a 400 dollar car
Old 11-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

yeah it was lol!! needless to say everyone was looking at my car wondering how a cheap car could keep up with a 400 dollar car

LMAO!!!! Good job man!!!! Are you running a front diff. or a spool?

Brant
Old 11-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Cool man. I've surprised a few people with my Ta05. It goes to show what driving style, setup, and practice can do. Wheel it.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone tell what part this is going from the rear bulk head to the motor mount ive never seen it before. the guy selling it says its a hop up and is meant to stiffen the chassis but wouldnt having it on the left hand side stiffen it more on that side and affect the handling in a bad way? oh and im not interested in buying this im just curious

Old 11-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I'd say that your right... just there to stop the chassis flexing in the back, maybe get a little more rear traction. It is still running over the top of the chassis' "spine" so I don't know how much left/right balance would be affected. It'd be easy enough to make one yourself, a couple of ball studs and cups and a long turnbuckle.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It shouldn't have any effect on transitional handling(left-right grip), but it might affect straight line grip, should just stiffen the chassis longitudinally(which has been done before on older cars, quite a few years ago). But with the molded carbon chassis, I don't see any need for it.....
Old 11-19-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

I have seen this on other belt drive cars and the explaination was it kept tension on the rear belt.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tech Racing makes them....

http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=27631
Old 11-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all i just received a TA-05 and i have one question:

How do i fit the servo into the car? i have a futaba S3003, will this work?
Old 11-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It shows you in the manual, you have to cut one of the screw lugs off.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by volracer
I am thinking of building a TCS legal TA-05. I have seen the lightweight reversible suspension system is a hop up listed on the Tamiya USA site. What is the advantages and disadvantages of the lightweight reversible suspension set?

Also, since the lightweight reversible suspension system is listed as a hop up for the TA-05, then are the 53939 RC Lightweight Wheel Axle - For Reversible Suspension a TCS legal hop up for the TA-05?

Apprently there is a different bearing for the reversible lightweight suspension system, what is the difference? Where is a good source for ceramic bearings for the TA-05?
As per the name, it's lighter weight than the regular suspension, has more options to connect your shocks and camber links, and generally helps make the car quicker in transtions. Unfortunately it's more brittle and can't take as many hits. The bearings are smaller (5x9mm vs. 5x11mm) and aren't as durable on impacts.

Yes, the LW axles will be compatible and legal for the TCS, although I'm sure they're less durable than the steel axles, not sure if they're worth the weight loss unless you can keep off of the boards (and other cars).

On a side note, for non-TCS foam racing the front LW suspension won't fit them without modification with non-tamiya parts (HPI/XRay).. better off keeping the front as standard to take the impacts and fit the foams, and the rear as LW for the tuning abilities..

Rubber tires fit the system no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.